Judge Dismisses former CIA Operative Valerie Plame's Lawsuit Against

Real agents??? Do you think they are dropping some James Bond figure out of an airplane to parachute into Niger to ask questions about yellow-cake uranium? No. If you want to know something about Niger, you go to someone who has contacts in Niger (like, for instance, Joseph Wilson). That James Bond shit is for the movies. We don't have Ethan Hunt types dropping into every part of the world where we have intelligence questions.

What the hell are you talking about? I'd expect them to use someone on their payroll. Not the husband of some airhead analyst.

What the hell are you talking about? I'd expect them to use someone on their payroll. Not the husband of some airhead analyst.

My guess is the intelligence community uses the assets available to it, and they don't always have a good connection already on staff. If you want to know about yellow-cake uranium mined in Niger and then sold to Iraq, you might want the assistance of someone with "good relations with both the PM and the former minister of mines."

Not the husband of some airhead analyst.

You may not like her political affiliation, or anything she has done in the last couple of years. However, she did serve her country in the intelligence community for quite some time, and was at one time, indisputably, a covert agent. There is nothing to suggest that she is an airhead, and there is nothing wrong with being an analyst for the CIA (which we don't even know she was). How many years have you served your country and in what capacity?

You may not like her political affiliation, or anything she has done in the last couple of years. However, she did serve her country in the intelligence community for quite some time, and was at one time, indisputably, a covert agent. There is nothing to suggest that she is an airhead, and there is nothing wrong with being an analyst for the CIA (which we don't even know she was). How many years have you served your country and in what capacity?

Almost 8 years now total, both active duty and civil service. Believe me, there are plenty of airheads in the government.

Almost 8 years now total, both active duty and civil service. Believe me, there are plenty of airheads in the government.

Would it be fair for me, because I disagree with you politically, to refer to you as nothing but a slack-jawed bullet-stopper?

I would hope that you would agree with me that the answer is no. It would not be fair for me to say that about you, and I know more about your level of intelligence (because I can read your posts) and your job (at least I know that you were military) then either of us know about Valerie Plame.

By the way, a fairly important date to remember:

From your own source:

Joining the Kerry campaign and becoming an advisor, all before the election, none of this could of been politically motivated could it?
:rofl:

YES HAWK, I used RSR;s link purposely, because i was pretty CERTAIN you would accept IT as legitimate, for the source of Wilson's trip rating of GOOD by the CIA....! j/k u! Personally, I would never accept this particular link as a legitimate source! ;)

I had read this rating of Good for Wilson's trip, previous to reading this link of rsr's...expedience lead me to use it as a source!

First, Wilson was complaining about the niger/yellowcake connection PRIOR to his article that really pissed Cheney off.

Several articles had been writen Prior TO wilson writing his own oped on the Niger yellowcake claim of the President's, where Wilson, was their ''unnamed'' source. It was driving the VP nuts!! Libby requested information from the ''state dept'' at the bequest of the vp, identifying who ''this person'' was (that was leaking this info to the press)... who was this ''person'' the CIA sent to Niger?

The CIA had an agreement with Wilson (in writing I believe), that they would not identify Wilson as their source, but there was no agreement with the CIA that Wilson had to hold the information he gathered for them, under taps...at least from all that I have read.

The person Libby went to at the State Dept, to find out this tidbit of information was none other than Deputy secretary of State, Richard Armitage, who produced or hand delivered the classified document that Identified Wilson as the vocal anonymous source, and Plame, as his CIA SECRET status wife....

The facts continue....in the evidence produced in the Libby Trial by the prosecution, to show the jury why it was a fact that Libby outright FABRICATED his STORY, under oath, that the VP and he never discussed wilson/plame....

One piece of evidence after another showed how consumed the vp and libby were regarding Wilson/plame before the leaking occured....including getting the ''talking points out'', one of which was.....Wilson was not qualified to be sent on this mission by the CIA and was ONLY sent because of his wife,....that nepotism sent an unquallified person.

This was in handwriten notes of the VP's PR coordinator, MS Martin from a meeting with the VP, libby and others...with the name of 3 journalists for major newspapers, like the NYTimes, as the people to ''leak'' this info to...

Libby says he was given permission to leak Plame's connection to Wilson, to Judith Miller. In grand jury testimony later on in the investigation, he said that the vp and the president gave him the okay to release this to judith miller....he did such BEFORE Armitage and Rove leaked this info to Novak, Libby was the FIRST person to leak this information to the Public....according to the Prosecutor's evidence submitted in the trial that helped him prove that Libby was committing perjury and was obstructing justice....OF WHICH he was convicted/found guilty....but judith miller decided not to expose this info in an article to the public, thus Novak was the first article.

I am not asking you to go to any partisan sites to confirm what i have stated thus far...

please go to the trial transcripts, and review the evidence submitted in the Libby trial, and the congressional oversight committee's hearing on Plame's outing.

care

Sounds right to me.

Hey. Look we just had a discussion,we talked out an issue, and we only insulted each other once.

I am going to call it a night.

Way to go dickhead. ;)

insults?!!!!....those were terms of endearment.....cumstain :shock:

Be sure to not let the door hit you in the ass as you are on your way out to vote but don't expect other people to simply sit back and to accept your fucking comments or the comments of retards like you in our government such as the bastard Johnny McCain who is married to a whore who probably voted for his asshole husband. I have had it with your sermons and those who represent you and I really don't care if you don't like it asshole so take your collector plate comment and shove it up your ass as you go to vote motherfucker because any asshole who you would vote for including your own retarded ass are fucking idiiots. Blah, blah, blah says the bitch. Blah, blah, blah says the whore. This is all I hear from you retarded assholes. You may think you are better then others and that you have the right to vote in a matter that has life and death consequences for those who disagree with you but I intend to call you on it just like I will call Georgie, Laurie, Barbie, Georgie, Sr., and Johnny. :eusa_boohoo:

The poor little bitch wants me to take up a collection because he doesn't want to hear my sermon while I am forced to LISTEN TO THE SERMONS OF ASSHOLES LIKE GEORGIE AND THOSE WHOM HE REPRESENTS BECAUSE ASSHOLES LIKE YOU WHO SERVE IN THE SENATE PREVENT MY SENATOR FROM VOTING ON THIS WAR. I HATE YOU MOTHERFUCKER AND I HATE ALL THAT YOU REPRESENT AND I HATE THOSE WHO REPRESENT YOU FOR DENYING THOSE WHO REPRESENT ME A VOICE IN THIS MOTHERFUCKING WAR. SO FUCK OFF ASS AND GO PREACH YOUR DAMN SERMON TO YOUR OWN DAMN FACTION INCLUDING THE BITCH RSR BECAUSE I AM NOT LISTENING TO IT ANYMORE THAN I GIVE A DAMN WHEN YOUR EVIL ASS ENTERS THE VOTING BOOTH. I HOPE CINDY SHEEHAN WINS IN CALIFORNIA AND WHEN SHE GETS TO WASHINGTON, D.C. WALK UP TO A REPUBLICAN REPRESENTATIVE AND GIVE HIM HER MIDLE FINGER AND SAY: 'YOU MURDERED MY SON AND I AM GOING TO DO EVERYTHING TO MAKE YOU AND YOUR RETARDED FAMILY PAY BITCH."

How's that for a sermon? Would you like to vote on it. 100% of your faction can vote against it while I give all of you my middle finger for THINKING YOU ARE GODS.

Wow....thats quite a rant....first good chuckle I had all day....

You should be aware that dementia can be controlled to a degree... so you might consider an appointment with your medical provider asap....:cuckoo:

Considering the fact that she lost her career as a result of what happend it can be expected that should try to find another source of income such as a book or movie deal. Of course, she could live off of her husband but I am of the mind that she isn't that kind of woman. I say let her make money since George Bush is going to be writing quite a few books after his presidency and will get to benefit from this situation financially.

Lost her career??? A bit melodramatic....

Anyone...thats means anyone,...could have followed her to work at the CIA any day of any week and be sure she was an agency employee....you, me, or anyone with a car....she was sitting behind a desk, working as a analyst, and could STILL be doing that job as long as she wanted.....BUT SHE QUIT....she wasn't fired, she wasn't asked to leave, she wasn't "laid off"....SHE QUIT !

Wow....thats quite a rant....first good chuckle I had all day....

You should be aware that dementia can be controlled to a degree... so you might consider an appointment with your medical provider asap....:cuckoo:

can't get medical help....bush stopped the national health care program passed during the blow job years.....remember....

Blowjob years? Man I need one of those years! :rofl:

clinton had 8 of em while warding off terrorism, inventing the internet, defunding the military, cutting taxes (go look it up) watching people die in somalia and rwanda, darfur east timor..... ah.....but my fingers are tired

Lost her career??? A bit melodramatic....

Anyone...thats means anyone,...could have followed her to work at the CIA any day of any week and be sure she was an agency employee....you, me, or anyone with a car....she was sitting behind a desk, working as a analyst, and could STILL be doing that job as long as she wanted.....BUT SHE QUIT....she wasn't fired, she wasn't asked to leave, she wasn't "laid off"....SHE QUIT !

Hiya Alpha,

You are NOT possibly suggesting that there are NO UNDERCOVER AGENTS working at Langley because they would have to drive to work there and go in through the doors to work there...are you?

If you are suggesting this Alpha....then...you're nuts! It must be some NEW talking point you and those on the Right were instructed to repeat because on every political board I have been on this is a comment from someone on the "right" such as yourself, like her driving to work eliminates her from being an Undercover Intelligence Officer for the CIA?

:cuckoo: :D

Care

Hiya Alpha,

You are NOT possibly suggesting that there are NO UNDERCOVER AGENTS working at Langley because they would have to drive to work there and go in through the doors to work there...are you?

If you are suggesting this Alpha....then...you're nuts! It must be some NEW talking point you and those on the Right were instructed to repeat because on every political board I have been on this is a comment from someone on the "right" such as yourself, like her driving to work eliminates her from being an Undercover Intelligence Officer for the CIA?

Care

so let me get this straight....i am working under cover for the CIA.....which means i don't want anyone to know that i work for the CIA....yet i drive to CIA headquaters everyday to go to work....

bloody hell...that is the perfect cover....

Hiya Alpha,

Care

manu made my point pretty clearly.....

Hiya Alpha,

Care

Using your excuse, then the meer mention of her as an employee of the CIA would have been no concern at all. And thats ALL that happened. And to remind you, the CIA admitted to a reporter she was in fact an employee of said agency.

so let me get this straight....i am working under cover for the CIA.....which means i don't want anyone to know that i work for the CIA....yet i drive to CIA headquaters everyday to go to work....

bloody hell...that is the perfect cover....

The facts are everyone who has anything to do with the CIA and the Courts say she was a NOC at the time of the articles about her.

The facts are everyone who has anything to do with the CIA and the Courts say she was a NOC at the time of the articles about her.

Just one BIG GLARING problem with that. The law STIPULATES that if the Agency discloses her identy OR fails to protect it, then they can not then claim a violation of the law. THEY acknowledged to a reporter that she WORKED for the CIA.

The entire case was about someone "leaking" she was an employee of the CIA. No charge was EVER made anyone told anyone else specifically that she was an undercover asset.

Forum List

Back