🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Judge OKs Extradition For MA Men Accused Of Helping Exec Escape

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
BOSTON (AP) — Two American men accused of smuggling Nissan Motor Co. Chairman Carlos Ghosn out of Japan while he was awaiting trial on financial misconduct charges can be extradited, a federal judge ruled Friday.
U.S. Magistrate Judge Donald Cabell issued a ruling approving the extradition of Michael Taylor, a U.S. Army Special Forces veteran, and his son Peter Taylor, but the final decision rests with the State Department.
The Taylors are wanted by Japan so they can be tried on charges that they helped Ghosn flee the country last year with the former Nissan boss tucked away in a box on a private jet. The flight went first to Turkey, then to Lebanon, where Ghosn has citizenship but which has no extradition treaty with Japan.

We'll keep 3 million and send you on your way...........

Sounds like Taylor got bad info from his fed connections and attorney when he decided to help Goshn.

Or that he didn't care.
I heard his account of it in an interview of him a year or so ago. From what he said he had done a lot of checking to make sure he would not have problems down the line before he took the job.

Or that he didn't care.
I heard his account of it in an interview of him a year or so ago. From what he said he had done a lot of checking to make sure he would not have problems down the line before he took the job.

That sounds vaguely familiar. However, he must have known there was a risk.

Or that he didn't care.

It sounded to me from the way he talked like he only felt there was a risk if he got caught there in Japan. I wonder if the guy ever got paid as he said he hadn't at the time of that interview.

Edit just looked evidently Goshn son wire out $600,000 they got

Last edited:
Or that he didn't care.

It sounded to me from the way he talked like he only felt there was a risk if he got caught there in Japan. I wonder if the guy ever got paid as he said he hadn't at the time of that interview.

That's a good question. Also, what threat did he pose to the US...............going out there and doing his own thing. I wonder if there would have even been an issue of extradition if not for the other case.

Or that he didn't care.

That's a good question. Also, what threat did he pose to the US...............going out there and doing his own thing. I wonder if there would have even been an issue of extradition if not for the other case.
I'll have to go look some more and I hadn't watched to see what all was developing. It is a curious case.

Forum List

Back