Judge Roy Moore defies feds: 'Law is very clear'

the 14th amendment forbids states from denying any person "life, liberty or property, without due process of law" or to "deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Marriage isn't a person.

It's a legal transaction between 2 adults. If you deny that to two adults of the same sex, you have committed discrimination.

At that point you have to prove there is a compelling state interest in perpetrating such a discrimination that justifies it.

the 14th amendment forbids states from denying any person "life, liberty or property, without due process of law" or to "deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Marriage isn't a person.
It's a legal transaction between 2 adults. If you deny that to two adults of the same sex, you have committed discrimination.

At that point you have to prove there is a compelling state interest in perpetrating such a discrimination that justifies it.
Exactly! Marriage is a transaction between individuals, it's not a person so it can't have the protections of a person. Also I notice you said 2 people, why is that? Why not 3 or 4 or more? Why can't their marriage be a valid to them as it is with 2 women? Just admit it, it's all about changing marriage to what gays want, it's got zip to do with the constitution.

Marriage isn't a person.
Strawman. No one ever said marriage is a person.

So what else have you got?
You just defeated your argument then. The gays definitely were pretending marriage was a person and needed to be protected Constitutionally like a race. I've said all along it was bunk.

Marriage isn't a person.

You just defeated your argument then. The gays definitely were pretending marriage was a person and needed to be protected Constitutionally like a race. I've said all along it was bunk.

What? Gays are saying that they do not receive equal protection of the laws. And they were right.

Marriage isn't a person.

No they weren't. And I defy you to show us any argument argued in any federal court where the 'marriage is a person' idiocy was uttered by anyone.

You'll find you're only quoting yourself. And you don't know what you're talking about.

Marriage isn't a person.

Equal protection means that you cannot deny one group of persons something that you offer to others, provided the conditions are sufficiently similar.

Same sex marriage is sufficiently similar to opposite sex marriage, therefore same sex couples are are entitled to equal protection under those marriage laws.

Marriage is a legal contract between two adults.
No it's not.

Marriage isn't a person.

Equal protection means that you cannot deny one group of persons something that you offer to others, provided the conditions are sufficiently similar.

Same sex marriage is sufficiently similar to opposite sex marriage, therefore same sex couples are are entitled to equal protection under those marriage laws.

Marriage is a legal contract between two adults.
No it's not.

Wow, that's convincing. I just can't imagine why the anti gay bigots aren't winning more court cases. You have such compelling arguments.

Marriage isn't a person.

No- that is just your bizarre strawman.

Americans have a right to marriage- even the gay Americans you despise.

Marriage isn't a person.

No they weren't. And I defy you to show us any argument argued in any federal court where the 'marriage is a person' idiocy was uttered by anyone.

You'll find you're only quoting yourself. And you don't know what you're talking about.
This isn't a federal court Goofus, I was talking about the arguments here. You're trying to treat a relationship like a person by claiming it was an equal protection issue.

Marriage isn't a person.

What? Gays are saying that they do not receive equal protection of the laws. And they were right.
Huh? How can a relationship between 2 or more people be treated like a race? That doesn't make sense.

...Also I notice you said 2 people, why is that? Why not 3 or 4 or more? Why can't their marriage be a valid to them as it is with 2 women? Just admit it, it's all about changing marriage to what gays want, it's got zip to do with the constitution.

And zip to do with "marriage equality". If it did, the LGBT cult wouldn't be pretending so hard not to notice their legal first cousins, the polygamists. They'll embrace them with wide open arms the minute any federal-mandate ink is dry. But for now they're keeping a conspicuous distance from them.

Marriage isn't a person.

LOL. You guys are amazing. Only several years ago every major political candidate supported traditional marriage. Same with states, even California. Now you malicious assholes are trying to label everyone that supports traditional marriage as despising gays. You're deranged.

Marriage isn't a person.

This isn't a federal court Goofus, I was talking about the arguments here. You're trying to treat a relationship like a person by claiming it was an equal protection issue.

And who here has argued that a marriage is a person, Goofus?

So far there is you.....and you. And you have done a great job of kicking the stuffing out of that strawman. As nobody but you is making that argument.

...Also I notice you said 2 people, why is that? Why not 3 or 4 or more? Why can't their marriage be a valid to them as it is with 2 women? Just admit it, it's all about changing marriage to what gays want, it's got zip to do with the constitution.

And zip to do with "marriage equality". If it did, the LGBT cult wouldn't be pretending so hard not to notice their legal first cousins, the polygamists. They'll embrace them with wide open arms the minute any federal-mandate ink is dry. But for now they're keeping a conspicuous distance from them.
Not to mention that we wouldn't be here in the year 2015 yet to be heard in the high court if it really was a Constitutional issue. That ship would have sailed long ago.

It's all about political pressure, they're just too fucking morally corrupt to admit it.

Marriage isn't a person.

If you deny gays the ability to marry the one they love, but allow straights that ability, you are not affording equal protection under the law. And those individual people can seek redress from the courts.

Actually its exactly about marriage equality. As gays and lesbians are seeking the same rights that straights have.

And can we take it from your bizarre rout to 'polygamy' that your arguments against gay marriage aren't working?

Marriage isn't a person.

Huh? How can a relationship between 2 or more people be treated like a race? That doesn't make sense.

Your question does not make sense. I did not mention race at all.

Marriage isn't a person.

LOL. You guys are amazing. Only several years ago every major political candidate supported traditional marriage. Same with states, even California. Now you malicious assholes are trying to label everyone that supports traditional marriage as despising gays. You're deranged.

Why else would someone be against same sex marriage? It does not effect anyone else in any way.

And "just a few years ago"? It was "just a few years ago" that gays lost their jobs of someone found out they were gay, and they were often beaten up just for being gay.

Marriage isn't a person.

No not everyone

Just you.

Forum List

Back