Judge rules Seattle's tax on the wealthy is illegal; city vows to appeal

The tax measure requires residents to pay a 2.25-percent tax if they are a single filer and make more than $250,000 annually or file jointly and make more than $500,000.

The Greedy Democrat Politicians destroy their own tax base by driving the middle class taxpayers and the wealthy taxpayers out of their cities and states. Left Wingers are dumb.

LefTards love the tale of Robin Hood.
"Steal from good quality hard working folks and give it to the lazy piece of shits that refuse to pull their own weight"
Makes perfect sense in the backward, bat-shit crazy world of LibTardoLand

The tax measure requires residents to pay a 2.25-percent tax if they are a single filer and make more than $250,000 annually or file jointly and make more than $500,000.

The Greedy Democrat Politicians destroy their own tax base by driving the middle class taxpayers and the wealthy taxpayers out of their cities and states. Left Wingers are dumb.

I am from Seattle. It is a fantastic city and very expensive to live in. There are many wealthy people there and many very well to do or 'comfortable' people. It is a very progressive city. I'm sure, in the end, people there do not want to turn it in to a place like France before the revolution, with a great distance between the haves and have nots. No one is going to drive people out of Seattle: it is a very desirable place to live. The wealthy people there will stay there. The wealthy people there are most likely liberals anyway, the people you call 'dumb.' You're a fool.

Not just illegal, its unconstitutional no city or county can impose an income tax in Washington state per the state constitution. Naturally this pisses off the left to no end. Those assholes already tried to pass a bill slapping an income tax on the 'rich' it went down in flames with over 60% of the people voting no.

Soros says he wants to pay more taxes, but prefers Ireland where he paid less than $1,000 Soros says he wants to pay more taxes, but prefers Ireland where he paid less than $1,000

tenor.gif

I am from Seattle. It is a fantastic city and very expensive to live in. There are many wealthy people there and many very well to do or 'comfortable' people. It is a very progressive city. I'm sure, in the end, people there do not want to turn it in to a place like France before the revolution, with a great distance between the haves and have nots. No one is going to drive people out of Seattle: it is a very desirable place to live. The wealthy people there will stay there. The wealthy people there are most likely liberals anyway, the people you call 'dumb.' You're a fool.
Then why is there controversy if Seattle’s wealthy are cool with it?

Seattle’s controversial tax on the wealthy failed its first legal test this week after a judge ruled the new ordinance violates state law – but the city isn’t backing down and vows to appeal, setting the stage for a Washington State Supreme Court showdown.

LefTards love the tale of Robin Hood.
"Steal from good quality hard working folks and give it to the lazy piece of shits that refuse to pull their own weight"
Makes perfect sense in the backward, bat-shit crazy world of LibTardoLand

I remember this Robin Hood.....

barack-obama-robin-hood-nfh.jpg

Most of the Democrat Voters are horrible far left wing bigots like Councilmember Kshama Sawant.
They loath mainstream society, the middle class taxpayers, rich people, white people and/or Christians

^^^ ridiculous. First off Seattle is not a progressive city, its INFESTED with liberal filthy scum from California. Its a haven for drug abusing losers. They have 40 mile long traffic jams daily. Property crimes are through the roof due to their drug problems with people strung out on meth and heroine. Native born Washingtonians like myself watched as the filth from California invaded and turned our cities into shit holes.

^^^ ridiculous. First off Seattle is not a progressive city, its INFESTED with liberal filthy scum from California. Its a haven for drug abusing losers. They have 40 mile long traffic jams daily. Property crimes are through the roof due to their drug problems with people strung out on meth and heroine. Native born Washingtonians like myself watched as the filth from California invaded and turned our cities into shit holes.
You must live in a bad neighborhood as well as having a very gruesome attitude toward life. It's a wonderful city. Beautiful and wonderful. People travel there from all over the world. Every large city has problems. You are the type that would think Rome, Paris & London are dumps because they have problems. The population of Seattle is highly educated and liberal. It isn't 'infested' with people from California: that's the thinking of your very ugly, dark mind.

You must live in a bad neighborhood as well as having a very gruesome attitude toward life. It's a wonderful city. Beautiful and wonderful. People travel there from all over the world. Every large city has problems. You are the type that would think Rome, Paris & London are dumps because they have problems. The population of Seattle is highly educated and liberal. It isn't 'infested' with people from California: that's the thinking of your very ugly, dark mind.

Lib please I was born here and watch California invade stop lying.

I suspect you don't even live in the city. You probably live in one of the suburbs and never go into the city because you are afraid of drugs and crime, liberals and Californians. And traffic. You should move to Iowa. It's cheaper and probably no Californians. :badgrin: Seattle is wasted on you.

King County Superior Court Judge John Ruhl ruled in a Wednesday that Seattle did not have the authority to impose the tax because state law prohibits tax on net income.

That would appear to settle the matter.

I suspect you don't even live in the city. You probably live in one of the suburbs and never go into the city because you are afraid of drugs and crime, liberals and Californians. And traffic. You should move to Iowa. It's cheaper and probably no Californians. :badgrin: Seattle is wasted on you.

I grew up in Seattle idiot, where are you from my guess is California shocker.

I grew up in Seattle idiot, where are you from my guess is California shocker.
LOL I already said, I'm from Seattle. You live in a suburb don't you? If you are so unhappy there, why stay? Just because you were born there doesn't mean you have to stay there your whole life. It's really ridiculous to live some place you obviously detest.

I go up to Seattle for work a few times a year. I despise that place

Like Portland where I lived for ten years, Seattle is a super-awesome city when the sun shines (right now they're getting DOUSED)

Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did

Also like Portland it's a very progressive city. And their comfortable and well to do don't whine 24/7 about taxes either. :cool:

Like Portland where I lived for ten years, Seattle is a super-awesome city when the sun shines (right now they're getting DOWSED)

Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did

Also like Portland it's a very progressive city. And their comfortable and well to do don't whine 24/7 about taxes either. :cool:
I don't understand people who choose to live somewhere they claim to find so detestable. I've been to a lot of the big cities in the US. I mean, these people haven't seen Indianapolis or Pittsburgh. They don't know what a brutal, ugly city is.

Forum List

Back