Judge rules Seattle's tax on the wealthy is illegal; city vows to appeal

Bill Gates musta hated this .. Cry me a River!

:crybaby:

Bill Gates does not live in Seattle. He's smart!

Oh Geeze - He lives on Lake Washington about a three iron away.

fb2f350169093d8bbc9ea7290dc67e3e.jpg

His offices were not in Seattle either.

The point is that Seattle will not get one dime from Mr. Gates.

We are not even discussing the really crazy shit these California liberals have done in Portland and Seattle, these people are insane.

Bill Gates musta hated this .. Cry me a River!

:crybaby:

Bill Gates does not live in Seattle. He's smart!

Oh Geeze - He lives on Lake Washington about a three iron away.

fb2f350169093d8bbc9ea7290dc67e3e.jpg

His offices were not in Seattle either.

The point is that Seattle will not get one dime from Mr. Gates.

Unless they try to annex his area into the city limits, which is the shit they pull down in Portland. Do not underestimate these freaks.

I suspect you don't even live in the city. You probably live in one of the suburbs and never go into the city because you are afraid of drugs and crime, liberals and Californians. And traffic. You should move to Iowa. It's cheaper and probably no Californians. :badgrin: Seattle is wasted on you.

I grew up in Seattle idiot, where are you from my guess is California shocker.
LOL I already said, I'm from Seattle. You live in a suburb don't you? If you are so unhappy there, why stay? Just because you were born there doesn't mean you have to stay there your whole life. It's really ridiculous to live some place you obviously detest.

Your attitude is what's wrong with the Democratic party. So I should pack up all my money and wealth and leave the state? Isn't that absurdly stupid of you?

My son lives in the suburbs outside Seattle. His home costs twice as much as mine, has the same square footage, and he can cut his yard with a weedeater. I have almost an acre.

Trying to get a decent job up there is ridiculous because you always wind up working for a shithead or a pothead.

My brother had to move his business out of the area due to rampant theft from drug abusers, they will steal anything. I moved to a county with one of the lowest tax rates in the state, on acreage, had the house built at the rock bottom of the market, the value has shot up huge in just the last few years. I'm thinking about cashing out and putting some distance between us and these filthy west coast liberal moochers.
Sounds like a good idea. Bon voyage.

The tax measure requires residents to pay a 2.25-percent tax if they are a single filer and make more than $250,000 annually or file jointly and make more than $500,000.

The Greedy Democrat Politicians destroy their own tax base by driving the middle class taxpayers and the wealthy taxpayers out of their cities and states. Left Wingers are dumb.
The judge is an ultra right dozy dope. It will be overturned.

The tax measure requires residents to pay a 2.25-percent tax if they are a single filer and make more than $250,000 annually or file jointly and make more than $500,000.

The Greedy Democrat Politicians destroy their own tax base by driving the middle class taxpayers and the wealthy taxpayers out of their cities and states. Left Wingers are dumb.

No, it won’t. State and local income taxes are illegal under the Washington State Constitution. They tried to amend it a few years back with a ballot referendum and over 70% voted no.

LOL I already said, I'm from Seattle. You live in a suburb don't you? If you are so unhappy there, why stay? Just because you were born there doesn't mean you have to stay there your whole life. It's really ridiculous to live some place you obviously detest.

Your attitude is what's wrong with the Democratic party. So I should pack up all my money and wealth and leave the state? Isn't that absurdly stupid of you?

My son lives in the suburbs outside Seattle. His home costs twice as much as mine, has the same square footage, and he can cut his yard with a weedeater. I have almost an acre.

Trying to get a decent job up there is ridiculous because you always wind up working for a shithead or a pothead.

My brother had to move his business out of the area due to rampant theft from drug abusers, they will steal anything. I moved to a county with one of the lowest tax rates in the state, on acreage, had the house built at the rock bottom of the market, the value has shot up huge in just the last few years. I'm thinking about cashing out and putting some distance between us and these filthy west coast liberal moochers.
Sounds like a good idea. Bon voyage.

LMAO the left's legendary tolerance ladies and gentlemen ^^^

I am from Seattle. It is a fantastic city and very expensive to live in. There are many wealthy people there and many very well to do or 'comfortable' people. It is a very progressive city. I'm sure, in the end, people there do not want to turn it in to a place like France before the revolution, with a great distance between the haves and have nots. No one is going to drive people out of Seattle: it is a very desirable place to live. The wealthy people there will stay there. The wealthy people there are most likely liberals anyway, the people you call 'dumb.' You're a fool.
Clueless in Seattle

No, it won’t. State and local income taxes are illegal under the Washington State Constitution. They tried to amend it a few years back with a ballot referendum and over 70% voted no.
I stand corrected then.

You must live in a bad neighborhood as well as having a very gruesome attitude toward life. It's a wonderful city. Beautiful and wonderful. People travel there from all over the world. Every large city has problems. You are the type that would think Rome, Paris & London are dumps because they have problems. The population of Seattle is highly educated and liberal. It isn't 'infested' with people from California: that's the thinking of your very ugly, dark mind.

Lib please I was born here and watch California invade stop lying.
I suspect you don't even live in the city. You probably live in one of the suburbs and never go into the city because you are afraid of drugs and crime, liberals and Californians. And traffic. You should move to Iowa. It's cheaper and probably no Californians. :badgrin: Seattle is wasted on you.

That is damn good advice, you libtards should leave America.
I don't hate America. I'm not full of anger and hate, like you obviously are. It's just simple common sense not to live in a place YOU, I mean you, hate. If you hate Seattle so much, go somewhere where you will be happy. Simple.

Last edited:
I hate the people. They are aloof and think they are better than everyone else

I've had similar experiences working with a few of the Guccier folks on business deals downtown. Some of the executives in places like Columbia Center I've found to be rather full of themselves. As a whole once you get outside of the high rises .. it's a lot like a larger version of Portland.
IMO Seatle is far more intersting and more beautiful than Portland. Portland is like a small town in comparison. I never once felt any snootiness from anyone in Seattle.

You must live in a bad neighborhood as well as having a very gruesome attitude toward life. It's a wonderful city. Beautiful and wonderful. People travel there from all over the world. Every large city has problems. You are the type that would think Rome, Paris & London are dumps because they have problems. The population of Seattle is highly educated and liberal. It isn't 'infested' with people from California: that's the thinking of your very ugly, dark mind.

No, it's common sense: something you wouldn't understand.

I am from Seattle. It is a fantastic city and very expensive to live in. There are many wealthy people there and many very well to do or 'comfortable' people. It is a very progressive city. I'm sure, in the end, people there do not want to turn it in to a place like France before the revolution, with a great distance between the haves and have nots. No one is going to drive people out of Seattle: it is a very desirable place to live. The wealthy people there will stay there. The wealthy people there are most likely liberals anyway, the people you call 'dumb.' You're a fool.
Clueless in Seattle
Grampa Murked=Just plain clueless.

^^^ ridiculous. First off Seattle is not a progressive city, its INFESTED with liberal filthy scum from California. Its a haven for drug abusing losers. They have 40 mile long traffic jams daily. Property crimes are through the roof due to their drug problems with people strung out on meth and heroine. Native born Washingtonians like myself watched as the filth from California invaded and turned our cities into shit holes.
Even the dumbest highly educated Liberals will only take so much abuse from the body politic. Eventually they will move away to greener pastures.

FYI highly educated is not synonymous with intelligence.

^^^ ridiculous. First off Seattle is not a progressive city, its INFESTED with liberal filthy scum from California. Its a haven for drug abusing losers. They have 40 mile long traffic jams daily. Property crimes are through the roof due to their drug problems with people strung out on meth and heroine. Native born Washingtonians like myself watched as the filth from California invaded and turned our cities into shit holes.
Even the dumbest highly educated Liberals will only take so much abuse from the body politic. Eventually they will move away to greener pastures.

Seattle is a liberal enclave, a liberal majority. Those who are that unhappy about a tax on wealth can easily move across lake Washington to Bellevue or over to Banbridge Island where other wealthies live and not have to pay the Seattle tax. They will still be in the Seattle atmosphere, where everyone wants to be.

Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, and Starbucks are all Seattle based companies, all started there. It is hardly a place of the ignorant and uneducated. Rightwing knuckledrggers do not have much of a foothold there.

Last edited:

Seems to me that this is a "problem" that isn't much of a concern for unlike many taxes, that one is very easily avoided. People in Seattle making the sums noted can live in many places if they find the tax so onerous that they are unwilling to pay it. The city's managers and voters need to figure out whether the tax is worth the deterring impact it may have one the nature of the city's populace.

That is damn good advice, you libtards should leave America.
I don't hate America. I'm not full of anger and hate, like you obviously are. It's just simple common sense not to live in a place YOU, I mean you, hate. If you hate Seattle so much, go somewhere where you will be happy. Simple.
Oh trust me Chica. You can have Seattle and yer rain, and your high taxes. I am happy down on my seashore! The damn sunsets are just gorgeous.

Seattle is a liberal enclave, a liberal majority. Those who are that unhappy about a tax on wealth can easily move across lake Washington to Bellevue or over to Banbridge Island where other wealthies live and not have to pay the Seattle tax. They will still be in the Seattle atmosphere, where everyone wants to be.

Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, and Starbucks are all Seattle based companies, all started there. It is hardly a place of the ignorant and uneducated. Rightwing knuckledrggers do not have much of a foothold there.
Boeing moved to Charleston SC. Made Seattle cry.

Forum List

Back