Judge rules Seattle's tax on the wealthy is illegal; city vows to appeal

Riiiiight that's why Portland businesses are leaving downtown out of fear for their employees and patrons. Homeless camped on neighborhood sidewalks in front of peoples homes. Human feces all over the place. Rampant drug crimes. Riiiiight Portland is a paradise.

As for Portlands half empty light rail fiasco that cost untold billions of dollars while no major new highways have been built in decades is why Portland's traffic is quickly becoming as clogged as Seattle's. Thank God liberals are trying to turn these west coast cities into Europe :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You have zero idea what you're talking about and obviously haven't spent much time in Portland. Like all big cities they have a homeless problem. Portland is dealing with theirs better than most and they don't even make the top 20:

Which Cities Have the Most Homeless People? | American Council on Science and Health

Rampant crime? - are you kidding? It's the THIRD SAFEST city in the US!

Full List: America's Safest Cities

Feces all over the place? Dude - you're an idiot. I was there for several days this past summer and didn't see so much as a dog pile in a park.

Portland is THE cleanest big city in America:

50 Cleanest Cities in America - Reader's Digest

Number ONE best city for business and careers, so NO - businesses are NOT leaving town:

Best Places For Business and Careers

I am reminded of the old saying attributed to either Mark Twain or Abe Lincoln:

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” :cool:

Seattle and surrounding area beautiful. I have a couple of well to do relatives living there who won't mind a tax increase. Maybe a little jealousy from some posters who can't afford to live in places like Seattle?
Ah! Maybe. It has gotten more expensive over the past 20 years. But it remains beautiful. The setting on the Puget Sound and in view of Mount Rainer is wonderful, with Lake Washington too. It has some very nice neighborhoods and lots of wonderful parks along the waterfronts.

Seattle spilled several hundred million gallons of raw sewage into public waterways, so fouling the water with their filth public swimming beaches had to be closed. Have you cleaned up your mess yet? Also when Mt. Rainer erupts again its going to wipe you people off the map.
"Also when Mt. Rainer erupts again its going to wipe you people off the map." LOL And you don't hate. Cute.

I am from Seattle. It is a fantastic city and very expensive to live in. There are many wealthy people there and many very well to do or 'comfortable' people. It is a very progressive city. I'm sure, in the end, people there do not want to turn it in to a place like France before the revolution, with a great distance between the haves and have nots. No one is going to drive people out of Seattle: it is a very desirable place to live. The wealthy people there will stay there. The wealthy people there are most likely liberals anyway, the people you call 'dumb.' You're a fool.

^^^ ridiculous. First off Seattle is not a progressive city, its INFESTED with liberal filthy scum from California. Its a haven for drug abusing losers. They have 40 mile long traffic jams daily. Property crimes are through the roof due to their drug problems with people strung out on meth and heroine. Native born Washingtonians like myself watched as the filth from California invaded and turned our cities into shit holes.
You must live in a bad neighborhood as well as having a very gruesome attitude toward life. It's a wonderful city. Beautiful and wonderful. People travel there from all over the world. Every large city has problems. You are the type that would think Rome, Paris & London are dumps because they have problems. The population of Seattle is highly educated and liberal. It isn't 'infested' with people from California: that's the thinking of your very ugly, dark mind.
Even the dumbest highly educated Liberals will only take so much abuse from the body politic. Eventually they will move away to greener pastures.

FYI highly educated is not synonymous with intelligence.
Seattle is a liberal enclave, a liberal majority. Those who are that unhappy about a tax on wealth can easily move across lake Washington to Bellevue or over to Banbridge Island where other wealthies live and not have to pay the Seattle tax. They will still be in the Seattle atmosphere, where everyone wants to be.

Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, and Starbucks are all Seattle based companies, all started there. It is hardly a place of the ignorant and uneducated. Rightwing knuckledrggers do not have much of a foothold there.
Arrogance of the left assuming that they are the only people with educations and that a degree somehow makes you smarter than others.
:eusa_angel::eusa_snooty:

Riiiiight that's why Portland businesses are leaving downtown out of fear for their employees and patrons. Homeless camped on neighborhood sidewalks in front of peoples homes. Human feces all over the place. Rampant drug crimes. Riiiiight Portland is a paradise.

As for Portlands half empty light rail fiasco that cost untold billions of dollars while no major new highways have been built in decades is why Portland's traffic is quickly becoming as clogged as Seattle's. Thank God liberals are trying to turn these west coast cities into Europe :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You have zero idea what you're talking about and obviously haven't spent much time in Portland. Like all big cities they have a homeless problem. Portland is dealing with theirs better than most and they don't even make the top 20:

Which Cities Have the Most Homeless People? | American Council on Science and Health

Feces all over the place? Dude - you're an idiot. I was there for several days this past summer and didn't see so much as a dog pile in a park.

Number ONE best city for business and careers, so NO - businesses are NOT leaving town:

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” :cool:
It's Twain.

The problem is that the rail systems doesn't run where people live. It would be a half hour drive in the wrong direction to get to the train station.

Yeah, Seattle kind of grew up haphazardly and they could have done a better job with mass trans planning and the way things are laid out in general. Portland has done a better job in that regard and growth planning in general. Seattle is kind of having to backtrack and make a lot of fixes.

And with any city with a light rail it all depends on where you want to go. SeaTac airport to downtown and back is a breeze.

Seattle is fixing things slow but sure:

The city of Seattle has been growing rapidly in recent years and traffic in the area has gone from bad to worse. For Seattle commuters caught up in congestion, however, transit offers reason for hope.

The region’s transit agency (Sound Transit) recently completed an underground light rail line several months ahead of schedule, which will connect downtown Seattle to the University of Washington (located in north Seattle) when it opens later this year. The city also opened a brand new street car line earlier this year, Seattle’s second streetcar line.

These and earlier investments are already paying dividends in the form of more riders. The number of Seattleites relying on public transit to get to work is up 34.9% since 2011. The percentage of Seattle commuters using transit is up 3.8%. That’s the largest increase of any major U.S. city.​

Lib please I was born here and watch California invade stop lying.
I suspect you don't even live in the city. You probably live in one of the suburbs and never go into the city because you are afraid of drugs and crime, liberals and Californians. And traffic. You should move to Iowa. It's cheaper and probably no Californians. :badgrin: Seattle is wasted on you.

I grew up in Seattle idiot, where are you from my guess is California shocker.

I’m from California very happy, very proud and successful. We didn’t become the 7th largest economy of the world for nothing. Currently California’s economy is booming at enormous rate.
I have tons of relatives in Seattle most or all are happy and successful. Several Business owners but most works for Boeing and the city.
Then why can’t California cities meet their bills and pay retiree pensions without declaring bankruptcy? Why are people shitting in the streets in your major cities resulting in deadly hepatitis outbreaks?

I never said California is 100% perfect.

If we stop contributing to federal taxes $369 billions a year maybe we can afford to pay our bills, pensions and house the homeless.
Where do you live?
Go ahead and stop contributing. Close down all federally funded military facilities, roads, highways, forest services and find your own water sources.

I live here idiot. Speaking of heartless cold blooded liberals, why did you people kick all the homeless people out of Portland parks? Last year the homeless were all camped along a large Portland park, when I visited this park recently there are signs posted like every 50 feet noting a city ordinance banning the homeless camps, why do you people hate the homeless?? Why yes I'm mocking you. lol

She hates everything! :) When I rode the MAX it was very busy. Portland is clean and quiet. A nice big city to live in. As I said, my East Coast friends moved west looking for a better life and found it in Portland. I have talked to visitors from the East Coast who were effusive about how clean Portland is.

I live here idiot. Speaking of heartless cold blooded liberals, why did you people kick all the homeless people out of Portland parks? Last year the homeless were all camped along a large Portland park, when I visited this park recently there are signs posted like every 50 feet noting a city ordinance banning the homeless camps, why do you people hate the homeless?? Why yes I'm mocking you. lol

/QUOTE]

His offices were not in Seattle either.

The point is that Seattle will not get one dime from Mr. Gates.

The HQ is in Redmond - a 27 minute drive. C'mon now, the metro Seattle area is huge - Redmond is considered part of that and the HQ is often referred to as being in Seattle. Think of Nike - huge company right often referred to as being based in Portland. They're actually in Beaverton a 20 minute drive west in the burbs.

And you're mistaken when you say he hasn't spent a dime on Seattle. Gates Foundation has given away hundreds of millions to Seattle Metro and the State of Washington in general.

Washington State

"Also when Mt. Rainer erupts again its going to wipe you people off the map." LOL And you don't hate. Cute.

Poor Blues .. he's just losing and losing and continues to chomp at the bit.

Let's encourage him - it's entertaining! :D

Seattle Heroin Epidemic
New Task Force to Tackle Heroin Epidemic in Seattle
What Lies Behind the New Heroin Epidemic in Seattle
Are Seattle Schools Prepared for Heroin Epidemic?
Seattle How to Fight Heroin Epidemic
Seattle Heroin is the Number One Drug
Frontline Chases Heroin Through Seattle
Awash in Overdoses, Seattle Creates Safe Sites for Addicts
Heroin Overdoses, Deaths Reach Epidemic Levels

What Portland is doing about homelessness:

Tiny homes for the homeless? Portland and beyond experiment

You should move immediately - Portland is not the right city for you. :)

Seattle Heroin Epidemic
Hey! But the water is beautiful and the taxes are high.

What Portland is doing about homelessness:

Tiny homes for the homeless? Portland and beyond experiment

You should move immediately - Portland is not the right city for you. :)

LOL drive around Portland dumb ass and you won't be so ignorant.

She hates everything! :) When I rode the MAX it was very busy. Portland is clean and quiet. A nice big city to live in. As I said, my East Coast friends moved west looking for a better life and found it in Portland. I have talked to visitors from the East Coast who were effusive about how clean Portland is.

Very VERY angry one that! :wink: She should move to Texas, Oklahoma or Alabama where she'll be in good company.

Seattle Heroin Epidemic

WHAT - There are drug problems in Seattle??

WHO KNEW!!!??? :D

*They don't even make the top 30

30 Most Drug Addicted Cities in America

Forum List

Back