Judge rules transgender people are protected, keeps hold on troop ban

Update:

A more expansive article on the same court case which profiles the very real human being that are effected by this issue....

Add up the years of service and make note of the ranks that they have attained and THEN explain why they are not fit to serve!

Lambda Legal Challenge to Military Trans Ban on Course to Proceed to Trial

In the lawsuit, Lambda Legal and OutServe-SLDN represent nine individual plaintiffs and three organizational plaintiffs. The individual plaintiffs, all of whom are transgender, include:

• Staff Sergeant Cathrine (“Katie”) Schmid, a 33-year-old woman and 12-year member of the U.S. Army currently serving in Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington, who has applied to become an Army Warrant Officer;
  • Petty Officer Terece Lewis, a 33-year-old woman and 14-year member of the U.S. Navy serving on the U.S.S. John C. Stennis out of Bremerton, Washington;
  • Chief Warrant Officer Lindsey Muller, a 36-year-old woman and 17-year member of the U.S. Army serving at Camp Humphreys in South Korea;
  • Petty Officer Second Class Phillip Stephens, a 30-year-old man and five-year member of the U.S. Navy serving at Eglin Air Force Base near Valparaiso, Florida;
  • Petty Officer Second Class Megan Winters, a 29-year-old woman and five-year member of the U.S. Navy serving in the Office of Naval Intelligence in Washington, D.C.;
  • Ryan Karnoski, a 23-year-old Seattle man who currently works as a social worker and wishes to become an officer doing social work for the military;
  • Conner Callahan, a 29-year-old man who currently works in law enforcement in North Carolina;
  • Drew Layne, a recent high-school graduate from Corpus Christi, Texas, who is 17 years old and, with parental support, wants to join the Air Force; and
  • A ninth individual currently serving in the military who remains anonymous
The organizational plaintiffs are the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), Seattle-based Gender Justice League, and the American Military Partner Association (AMPA), who joined the lawsuit on behalf of their transgender members harmed by the ban. The case has also been joined by the state of Washington.

Social work officers? WTF over? There is no such thing!

Why are we worried about 9 people?

It is an example of the people we are talking about Sparky. And all lives matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update:

A more expansive article on the same court case which profiles the very real human being that are effected by this issue....

Add up the years of service and make note of the ranks that they have attained and THEN explain why they are not fit to serve!

In the lawsuit, Lambda Legal and OutServe-SLDN represent nine individual plaintiffs and three organizational plaintiffs. The individual plaintiffs, all of whom are transgender, include:

• Staff Sergeant Cathrine (“Katie”) Schmid, a 33-year-old woman and 12-year member of the U.S. Army currently serving in Joint Base Lewis-McChord in Washington, who has applied to become an Army Warrant Officer;
  • Petty Officer Terece Lewis, a 33-year-old woman and 14-year member of the U.S. Navy serving on the U.S.S. John C. Stennis out of Bremerton, Washington;
  • Chief Warrant Officer Lindsey Muller, a 36-year-old woman and 17-year member of the U.S. Army serving at Camp Humphreys in South Korea;
  • Petty Officer Second Class Phillip Stephens, a 30-year-old man and five-year member of the U.S. Navy serving at Eglin Air Force Base near Valparaiso, Florida;
  • Petty Officer Second Class Megan Winters, a 29-year-old woman and five-year member of the U.S. Navy serving in the Office of Naval Intelligence in Washington, D.C.;
  • Ryan Karnoski, a 23-year-old Seattle man who currently works as a social worker and wishes to become an officer doing social work for the military;
  • Conner Callahan, a 29-year-old man who currently works in law enforcement in North Carolina;
  • Drew Layne, a recent high-school graduate from Corpus Christi, Texas, who is 17 years old and, with parental support, wants to join the Air Force; and
  • A ninth individual currently serving in the military who remains anonymous
The organizational plaintiffs are the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), Seattle-based Gender Justice League, and the American Military Partner Association (AMPA), who joined the lawsuit on behalf of their transgender members harmed by the ban. The case has also been joined by the state of Washington.

Social work officers? WTF over? There is no such thing!

Why are we worried about 9 people?

It is an example of the people we are talking about Sparky. And all lives matter.

Try reading! This person is so demented he wants to do a job in the Navy that doesn't exist!

STFU, and goodbye!

Translation: "I believe in bigotry and allowing bigots to discriminate with impunity. "

It is not bigotry to recognize that someone who doesn't even know the difference between men and women, and who is confused as to which h'orsh'/it is, is suffering from a severe mental illness, and is therefore unfit to serve in the military. It's just plain common sense.

Last edited:
Update:

Yet another explicitly pro-faggot source, this time a law firm that specializes in promoting the faggot/tranny agenda.

How deluded are you to imagine that any sane person is going to grant even the slightest vestige of credibility to such a source?

Yep, seriously. Everyone is a bigot. That word has been used and abused so much these days by the leftist mafia, that it's now like the boy that cried "wolf".

It's reached the point where any time a sane person hears a LIbEral use the word “bigot”, or any of a number of related words, the sane person understands the word to mean nothing more or less than “someone to whom a LIbEral is hopelessly losing an argument.”

I'm twisting ? YOU are twisting The purpose of the law is to ENSURE THAT EVERYONE IS TREATED EQUALLY. The fact is that everyone is not treated equally unless the law exists and is used. Tell me again how you believe that everyone should be treated equally. bullshit! You are spewing some libertarian horseshit -advocating for the law to take a back seat and allow people to be treated UNEQUALLY.
I don't think people that are sexually confused should be in the military. I believe a property owner should have the right to rent to whoever he/she wants. I believe a business owner should be free to hire anyone they want. Period.
Translation: "I believe in bigotry and allowing bigots to discriminate with impunity. "
Yep, we're all bigots in one way or another. You choose not to attend my church. You obviously are bigoted. You choose to eat at McDonald's instead of Burger King, you bigot. Why are you denying Burger King your business?
It warms my heart to see that you have now been reduced to senseless blather Mc Donalds and Burger king? Seriously ,dude?
Yep, seriously. Everyone is a bigot. That word has been used and abused so much these days by the leftist mafia, that it's now like the boy that cried "wolf".
All bigots say that.

I don't think people that are sexually confused should be in the military. I believe a property owner should have the right to rent to whoever he/she wants. I believe a business owner should be free to hire anyone they want. Period.
Yep, we're all bigots in one way or another. You choose not to attend my church. You obviously are bigoted. You choose to eat at McDonald's instead of Burger King, you bigot. Why are you denying Burger King your business?
Thats not bigotry you idiot

It is discrimination however!

As we have always known, you have a piss pore command of English. Words have different meaning in different context.

It's the left that is continually trying to change the definition of well defined words we have used for centuries. Marriage has always been defined as a male and female until now. Gender has always been defined as male and female until now. It's not conservatives that fail to understand the English language.

It warms my heart to see that you have now been reduced to senseless blather Mc Donalds and Burger king? Seriously ,dude?
All bigots say that.
We're all bigots in one way or another. The word is meaningless.

Thats not bigotry you idiot

It is discrimination however!

As we have always known, you have a piss pore command of English

"Alas pore Yorick. We knew him well."

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

They must prove it isnt prejudice? :lol:
Why do they keep people with recurring nightmares out of the military?
Transgenderism is a MENTAL ILLNESS. You deny reality to live in your own delusion.
Holy fucking SHIT

They used to consider homosexuality a "mental illness".

Heck, the term "hysterical" comes from notion that a woman's uterus made her irrational.

the only thing that makes transgender people "mentally ill" is that you don't like them.

Oh, by the way, I was in the military for 11 years, and never heard anyone asked if they had recurring nightmares. Which is good, because I kept having this one about it being final exam day, and I was in my underwear.

If you shove your finger down your throat after eating a meal, you can be kicked out of the military.
If you live in constant state of delusion, as long as its about your biology, you are OK.
What a load of horseshit.

again, never saw anyone thrown out for that, either.

I did have to reprimand a soldier in my squad who had gotten a hickey in a visible place.

the only thing that makes transgender people "mentally ill" is that you don't like them.

Well, that, and that they deny provable reality; that they believe and claim themselves to be what, as a matter of provable, immutable biological fact, they are not; which is pretty much the definition of mental illness.

They must prove it isnt prejudice? :lol:
Why do they keep people with recurring nightmares out of the military?
Transgenderism is a MENTAL ILLNESS. You deny reality to live in your own delusion.
Holy fucking SHIT

They used to consider homosexuality a "mental illness".

Heck, the term "hysterical" comes from notion that a woman's uterus made her irrational.

Oh, by the way, I was in the military for 11 years, and never heard anyone asked if they had recurring nightmares. Which is good, because I kept having this one about it being final exam day, and I was in my underwear.
The WHO still does.
How is it not a mental illness? I am QUITE sure you know all about mental illnesses so maybe you can explain ;)

Well, that, and that they deny provable reality; that they believe and claim themselves to be what, as a matter of provable, immutable biological fact, they are not; which is pretty much the definition of mental illness.
It is as sane as claiming you are a mallard duck & expecting the military to let you in.

I'm sure General George Washington wouldn't have a problem with queers and trannies enlisting in his army.

It is not bigotry to recognize that someone who doesn't even know the difference between men and women, and who is confused as to which h'orsh'/it is, is suffering from a severe mental illness, and is therefore unfit to serve in the military. It's just plain common sense.
th
Not that again!!

Update:

Yet another explicitly pro-faggot source, this time a law firm that specializes in promoting the faggot/tranny agenda.

How deluded are you to imagine that any sane person is going to grant even the slightest vestige of credibility to such a source?

Lambda Legal carries out its legal work principally through test cases selected for the likelihood of their success in establishing positive legal precedents that will affect lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and those affected by HIV. Lambda Legal's staff of attorneys works on a wide range of cases, with their docket averaging more than 50 cases at any given time.

Lambda Legal also maintains a national network of volunteer Cooperating Attorneys, which widens the scope of their legal work and allows attorneys, legal workers and law students to become involved in the program by working with Lambda Legal's legal staff.[8]

Lambda Legal pursues litigation in all parts of the country, in every area of the law that affects communities they represent, such as discrimination in employment, housing, public accommodations, and the military; HIV/AIDS-related discrimination and public policy issues; parenting and relationship issues; equal marriage rights; equal employment and domestic partnership benefits;[9] "sodomy" law challenges; immigration issues; anti-gay initiatives; and free speech and equal protection rights.[10]

Yes. If everyone was treated the same, activists wouldn't have a purpose.
Thank you for admitting that everyone is not treated the same, necessitating protected classes and laws against discrimination.
Now you're twisting. I said the law should treat everyone the same. People are people, and EVERYONE has biases, even you.
I'm twisting ? YOU are twisting The purpose of the law is to ENSURE THAT EVERYONE IS TREATED EQUALLY. The fact is that everyone is not treated equally unless the law exists and is used. Tell me again how you believe that everyone should be treated equally. bullshit! You are spewing some libertarian horseshit -advocating for the law to take a back seat and allow people to be treated UNEQUALLY.
You're living in the 50s.
1850s.

Thank you for admitting that everyone is not treated the same, necessitating protected classes and laws against discrimination.
Now you're twisting. I said the law should treat everyone the same. People are people, and EVERYONE has biases, even you.
You're living in the 50s.
1850s.
Truth and morals are never dated. How about the Constitution? Is that outdated?

Protected classes are unconstitutional.

Since when? the concept covers everyone and his or her immutable characteristics. Doesn't everyone have a biological sex, age, race, ethnic background, and although it is just now being recognized, a sexual orientation. The only covered characteristic that one is not born with is religion, which is chosen and changeable at will.

Anti-discrimination laws violate the First Amendment, first and foremost.

Forum List

Back