Judge rules transgender people are protected, keeps hold on troop ban

Well, so long as they are following the same rules as everyone else and not asking for any special treatment, then I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to join the military, as long as they pass the psychological/physical requirements.
I agree wholeheartedly; however, how does someone do that while transitioning from one sex to another? How does someone that wants perfectly healthy body parts mutilated pass a psychological exam?
They must pass a psychological exam prior to surgery.

Do you think it is normal or healthy for a man to think he is a woman or to want to dress as or be a woman?
It is perfectly normal and healthy for an individual who in good faith and good conscience believes that who he is as a person – his feelings, thoughts, and self-perception – is inconsistent with his birth gender, and seeks express himself in accordance with the gender he identifies and is comfortable with.

That is not true at all. There are all KINDS of delusions out there that the delusional really do believe.

Well, so long as they are following the same rules as everyone else and not asking for any special treatment, then I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to join the military, as long as they pass the psychological/physical requirements.

Whether one cares to admit it or not, it affects troop cohesiveness if nothing else.
For bigots, yes.

What bigots? I think it is normal for a person to feel discomfort around a person who is really a man but dresses like a woman. That is something that most people cannot relate to and don't really want to be exposed to. It's as simple as that.
For bigots who seek to disadvantage transgender Americans through force of law as a consequence of their ignorance, hate, and unwarranted fear.

Bigots such as Trump, his sycophants, and others on the right hostile to those transgender.

No matter how many times people claim otherwise, it is not bigotry to point out that those confused about their sex have mental issues and/or body/gender dysphoria.
Gender dysphoria (GD), or gender identity disorder (GID), is the distress a person experiences as a result of the sex and gender they were assigned at birth. In this case, the assigned sex and gender do not match the person's gender identity, and the person is transgender.
Gender dysphoria - Wikipedia

Whether one cares to admit it or not, it affects troop cohesiveness if nothing else.
For bigots, yes.

What bigots? I think it is normal for a person to feel discomfort around a person who is really a man but dresses like a woman. That is something that most people cannot relate to and don't really want to be exposed to. It's as simple as that.
For bigots who seek to disadvantage transgender Americans through force of law as a consequence of their ignorance, hate, and unwarranted fear.

Bigots such as Trump, his sycophants, and others on the right hostile to those transgender.

No matter how many times people claim otherwise, it is not bigotry to point out that those confused about their sex have mental issues and/or body/gender dysphoria.
Gender dysphoria (GD), or gender identity disorder (GID), is the distress a person experiences as a result of the sex and gender they were assigned at birth. In this case, the assigned sex and gender do not match the person's gender identity, and the person is transgender.

Yes, and there are people who suffer dysphoria as well because they feel like their leg should be cut off. Should we oblige them?

Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), occasionally still called dysmorphophobia, is a mental disorder characterized by the obsessive idea that some aspect of one's own body part or appearance is severely flawed and warrants exceptional measures to hide or fix their dysmorphic part on their person. .[1] In BDD's delusional variant, the flaw is imagined.[2] If the flaw is actual, its importance is severely exaggerated.[2] Either way, thoughts about the dysmorphia are pervasive and intrusive, occupying up to several hours a day. The DSM-5 categorizes BDD in the obsessive–compulsive spectrum, and distinguishes it from anorexia nervosa.

BDD is estimated to affect up to 2.4% of the population.[2] It usually starts during adolescence and affects both men and women.[2][3] The BDD subtype muscle dysmorphia, perceiving the body as too small, affects mostly males.[4] Besides thinking about it, one repetitively checks and compares the perceived flaw, and can adopt unusual routines to avoid social contact that exposes it.[2] Fearing the stigma of vanity, one usually hides the preoccupation.[2] Commonly unsuspected even by psychiatrists, BDD has been underdiagnosed.[2] Severely impairing quality of life via educational and occupational dysfunction and social isolation, BDD has high rates of suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts.[2]

I agree wholeheartedly; however, how does someone do that while transitioning from one sex to another? How does someone that wants perfectly healthy body parts mutilated pass a psychological exam?

Do you think it is normal or healthy for a man to think he is a woman or to want to dress as or be a woman?
It is perfectly normal and healthy for an individual who in good faith and good conscience believes that who he is as a person – his feelings, thoughts, and self-perception – is inconsistent with his birth gender, and seeks express himself in accordance with the gender he identifies and is comfortable with.

So if I in good faith and good conscience believe that who I am as a person – my feelings, thoughts, and self-perception" is actually Martian in origin, that's normal and healthy?

I don't grok.

So if I in good faith and good conscience believes that who I am as a person – my feelings, thoughts, and self-perception" is actually Martian in origin, that's normal and healthy?

Absolutely not

So this person is perfectly sane, no mental/body/gender issues, and we must support/accept/play along with their 'truth' and if we don't, if we point out that this person DOES suffer from mental/body/gender issues, WE'RE bigots? GFY. Seriously.

Transgender woman Eva Tiamat Medusa removes ears and nose to become 'dragon lady' | Daily Mail Online

Mind vs body. Where is the proof that the body is wrong?

You can not change your sex. Period.

They used that to try preventing blacks from being integrated into the military. Didn't work out too well for them.

Hey if you are a feminine male, then whatever. I don't hate you because of that. Lol. I think you are strange but don't confuse that for hatred. There are very FEW people who would be worth my hatred. You are still not a woman though. You are a feminine male.

They used that to try preventing blacks from being integrated into the military. Didn't work out too well for them.

Two entirely different issues, moron

Having said that though, I do think these are people (transgenders) who are not very stable to begin with.

I knew a guy who was an officer in the Illinois National Guard, who calls himself :"Jennifer" today. He rose to the rank of Lt. Colonel and his (very wealthy) family funded a military museum in Chicago.

Personally, I didn't like him, but he did the job he was supposed to do.

Two entirely different issues, moron

Let's see. Bigots want to keep the target of their hate from being included---------sure, not at all the same. Idiot.

Good news.

A federal judge in Washington ordered Friday that a halt to President Trump's transgender troop ban remain in place, saying that the government must prove its order "was sincerely motivated by compelling interests, rather than by prejudice or stereotype."

Why it matters: In addition to keeping its injunction in place, the judge overseeing the case said that transgender people represent a "protected class" and, as such, that President Trump's ban will have to meet the legal standard known as "strict scrutiny."

Judge is wrong

-Geaux
Says the guy who's still obsessed with Obama, but with some gay sex thrown in to the closet with him.

Good news.

A federal judge in Washington ordered Friday that a halt to President Trump's transgender troop ban remain in place, saying that the government must prove its order "was sincerely motivated by compelling interests, rather than by prejudice or stereotype."

Why it matters: In addition to keeping its injunction in place, the judge overseeing the case said that transgender people represent a "protected class" and, as such, that President Trump's ban will have to meet the legal standard known as "strict scrutiny."

Judge is wrong

-Geaux
Says the guy who's still obsessed with Obama, but with some gay sex thrown in to the closet with him.

He's part of the reason everything is so confusing

-geaux

Hey if you are a feminine male, then whatever. I don't hate you because of that. Lol. I think you are strange but don't confuse that for hatred. There are very FEW people who would be worth my hatred. You are still not a woman though. You are a feminine male.
Referring to transgender Americans as not being healthy or normal and making one ‘uncomfortable’ is a manifestation of bigotry, as is the notion of being ‘accused’ of being transgender – being transgender isn’t a ‘crime’ to be ‘accused of.’

Note, of course, that you’re at liberty to be a bigot – the Constitution’s protections of gay and transgender Americans applies solely to government, prohibiting government from seeking to disadvantage gay and transgender Americans through force of law.

Referring to transgender Americans as not being healthy or normal and making one ‘uncomfortable’ is a manifestation of bigotry, as is the notion of being ‘accused’ of being transgender – being transgender isn’t a ‘crime’ to be ‘accused of.’

Note, of course, that you’re at liberty to be a bigot – the Constitution’s protections of gay and transgender Americans applies solely to government, prohibiting government from seeking to disadvantage gay and transgender Americans through force of law.

Nobody claimed it was illegal, nutter butter. They are STILL not the opposite sex though.

Gee, no surprise that he ignored this. lol

So this person is perfectly sane, no mental/body/gender issues, and we must support/accept/play along with their 'truth' and if we don't, if we point out that this person DOES suffer from mental/body/gender issues, WE'RE bigots? GFY. Seriously.

Transgender woman Eva Tiamat Medusa removes ears and nose to become 'dragon lady' | Daily Mail Online

Gee, no surprise that he ignored this. lol

You think every trans gender person does that? I've seen right wingers with swastikas tattooed on their forehead. Are all right wingers Nazis?

Forum List

Back