Judge rules Virginia's late election law changes for mail-in ballots were illegal

So...will it even make a difference now?

A Virginia Circuit Court judge ruled that the state’s last-minute changes to election law allowing mail-in ballots to arrive late without a postmark were illegal.

"This is a big win for the Rule of Law," said Public Interest Legal Foundation President J. Christian Adams, who represented Frederick County electoral board member Thomas Reed in the case. "This consent decree gives Mr. Reed everything he requested — a permanent ban on accepting ballots without postmarks after Election Day and is a loss for the Virginia bureaucrats who said ballots could come in without these protections."
Hey Gracie, your thread here helped to clarify something for me I think. I believe I now understand better why Trump supporters are as upset as they are about his election loss.

I think many of them were thinking of the U.S. Election in much the same way that some sporting events between two teams are conducted. If a member of one of the teams is found to have cheated, we can use baseball as an example - taken performance enhancing drugs, modifying the equipment, spying on the other team's signals, etc., then their team forfeits the game and and they and/or their team can possibly be banned from participating for x number of games or a season (I'm not a sports fan so I hope I'm articulating this correctly).

I think this is what Trump supporters were expecting to happen when ANY instance of something untoward was uncovered, that the fact that this occurred meant that there was "cheating" going on and the team who had "won" was now disqualified and the "win" given to the opponent.

This is not how our elections work and it's certainly not how our courts work. The net sum of the harm caused by "the cheating" has to be substantial enough so that had it not occurred there would have been a different outcome.

Nothing that has been brought to light or to the attention of the courts would have changed the election outcome. And certainly asking the courts to 'disqualify' Biden and give the election win to 'Trump' because there were scattered incidents of impropriety is not a proper remedy in light of the harm alleged. The remedy in the case cited in your OP is to remove those vote from the final tally however that small amount will not give Trump a lead and change the amount of electoral votes cast for Biden.

And speaking of such, Trump supporters often parrot one of his lies stating that he won the 2020 election in a landslide. Apparently he also said this about the 2016 election. None of them seem to care or realize that they're using the term incorrectly but I'm not sure how a person can win the electoral vote yet lose the popular vote and still claim to have won in a landslide. Wouldn't a landslide win mean that they won both the electoral AND popular vote?

A Virginia Circuit Court judge ruled that the state’s last-minute changes to election law allowing mail-in ballots to arrive late without a postmark were illegal.

"This is a big win for the Rule of Law," said Public Interest Legal Foundation President J. Christian Adams, who represented Frederick County electoral board member Thomas Reed in the case. "This consent decree gives Mr. Reed everything he requested — a permanent ban on accepting ballots without postmarks after Election Day and is a loss for the Virginia bureaucrats who said ballots could come in without these protections."
Nope, the fix is in.

Toss the Biden trash administration out, put Trump back in and since Trump won't have the full 4 years---------let him run again in 2024......giving just shy of 3 full terms.

If there is any Justice left in this world ...it should make a big difference.

It won't make ANY difference because it doesn't affect enough ballots to make a difference.
Translation, we cheated but you don't have enough evidence. Imagine if people with a badge and a gun did a real investigation.
Translation, trump got beat in Virginia but we refuse to accept it.

When DJT walks back into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, liberal Commie heads will explode like cherry bombs. I can hardly wait.

Firecracker Stupid GIF - Firecracker Stupid 4thofjuly GIFs
That's not going to happe.

Here's a helpful suggestion:

End your crack addiction.

Definitely, all four such ballots should be disqualified.

Do you people really think that the post office delivered any significant number of mail-in ballots without postmarks?
Not the point... The point was, that it was illegal. Big win for the rule of law, something Democrat's no longer believe in. FACT.

Do you know how many ballots were effected?
keeping in mind that the same judge issued an injunction with the exact same content prior to the election. lol

Not the point... The point was, that it was illegal. Big win for the rule of law, something Democrat's no longer believe in. FACT.

No one has ever disputed there were fraudulent votes in the election ... no one has ever disputed there's been some clerical errors ... what is in dispute is whether the number of illegal votes were enough to change the results of the election ...

The sad part is both sides are guilty ... there's been illegal votes for both candidates ... but only one side is making fools of themselves, only one side murdering police officers ...

Definitely, all four such ballots should be disqualified.

Do you people really think that the post office delivered any significant number of mail-in ballots without postmarks?
The point is that these things are handled and settled in court, like in all civilized nations,

And not through republican savages and thugs desecrating our Capitol Building and hunting down the Vice President and Congressmen or beating and killing cops.

The party of law and order, my ass!

When DJT walks back into 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, liberal Commie heads will explode like cherry bombs. I can hardly wait.

This time for sure! Right after Hillary goes to prison! It's totally unlike the previous hundred times you said that!
I haven't said it but once. Where is Hllary? She hasn't been seen for weeks. However, Trump Will Return.

He'll be ignored if he tries it.

No one has ever disputed there were fraudulent votes in the election ... no one has ever disputed there's been some clerical errors ... what is in dispute is whether the number of illegal votes were enough to change the results of the election ...

The sad part is both sides are guilty ... there's been illegal votes for both candidates ... but only one side is making fools of themselves, only one side murdering police officers ...

THERE IS NO GUILT HERE. NONE. ON EITHER SIDE. THIS IS BULLSHIT. THIS WAS THE CLEANEST ELECTION IN AMERICAN HISTORY. THE VOTES WERE COUNTED ON CAMERA AND YOU USED THOSE VIDEOS TO CLAIM NEFARIOUS THINGS WENT ON.

TRUMP AND THE REPUBLICANS ARE LYING ABOUT THIS BECAUSE TRUMP LOST AND FOR NO OTHER REASON.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Trump won VA. He was up by over 350,000 when the communist politburo called it for the stuttering fuck. Then the obligatory Dominion dump came in and... sonofabitch.... put that one in the Stolen column too...

Watch Dr. Pepper.... all we can do is point and laugh while the states are realigning for the big divorce....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! Stupid fucking animal.

Trump is the biggest loser in American history. The only thing that has any certainty regarding Trump is when his prison sentence starts.

Twice popular vote loser

Twice impeached

500,000 dead

North Korea with nuclear ballistic missile capability

Resurgence of ISIS and the humiliation of American troops in Syria

20 million jobs lost

Failed trade policy that now has China with the upper hand

$8 Trillion in added debt in just one term, after inheriting a booming economy

The Trump/ Republican legacy ladies and gentlemen

Trump won VA. He was up by over 350,000 when the communist politburo called it for the stuttering fuck. Then the obligatory Dominion dump came in and... sonofabitch.... put that one in the Stolen column too...

Watch Dr. Pepper.... all we can do is point and laugh while the states are realigning for the big divorce....

Trump is the biggest loser in American history. The only thing that has any certainty regarding Trump is when his prison sentence starts.

Twice popular vote loser

Twice impeached

500,000 dead

20 million jobs lost

Hi Fuckboy. Long time I haven't cock-slapped you.

Listen, whatever it takes to get you through another day without guzzling liquid plumber..... I suppose I'm ok with that.

I'll leave you with this. A stolen election does NOT validate your defects. Nor does it give you filthy fucking animals a mandate. Fuck around and find out.

Just as in every totalitarian regime throughout history, zero accountability for violating basic rights.

Twice popular vote loser

Twice impeached

500,000 dead

20 million jobs lost

The 9 billion rounds of ammo purchased last year and the 74 million who support President Trump disagree.

Forum List

Back