Judge says kid can't be named Messiah

Baby can't be named 'Messiah,' judge rules - U.S. News

Baby called Messiah forced by Tennessee judge to change name to mundane Martin - NY Daily News

Tenn. judge, citing Jesus, changes baby's name from "Messiah" - latimes.com

Tennessee judge rules infant's name must be changed from 'Messiah' | Fox News

A Tennessee judge has ordered a baby boy’s name to be changed from “Messiah” after deciding it is a title that has “only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ.”

Stupid to name a kid that but its her business. Judge was wrong, IMO.

What do you think?

It's gonna get thrown out. None of her business and not her jurisdiction either.

I believe they said there is a statute in TN regarding names that could cause 'undue emotional distress' for a child.

Probably rarely invoked.

Sounds like the judge wasn't impressed with the plaintiffs.

Someone said this was her 3rd child with different fathers. Perhaps she receives assistance from the government --shrug--

but I really don't care.

"silly" is in the eye of the beholder. The judge is utterly ignorant of the Bible, and the whole history of western man. Ascribing their children to the names of their god is dominant in every culture.

food for thought; a couple bible names...

Elijah is compound name... ELI being Lord and JAH being jehovah or Yahwey; this prophet's name was literally Lord God or Lord Jehovah.

Break down "Jesus Christ" into it's parts and you end up with, "I am salvation's anointing".

Messiah is the Hebrew, Christ is the Greek, and in English we translate it "the anointed One".

Revelation chapter 11 introduces two more messiahs, anointed with seven fold the spirit that rested upon Jesus. Apparently the judge was ignorant of how generous the holy spirit is at spreading around his anointing. All the believers have received of that anointing; that's what being a "Christian" means. We all have received some measure of anointing. When Jesus defended ascribing himself as the son of God, he did so by quoting psalm 82 where it says that we totally missed this point, that we are all sons of God.

"silly" is in the eye of the beholder. The judge is utterly ignorant of the Bible, and the whole history of western man. Ascribing their children to the names of their god is dominant in every culture.

food for thought; a couple bible names...

Elijah is compound name... ELI being Lord and JAH being jehovah or Yahwey; this prophet's name was literally Lord God or Lord Jehovah.

Break down "Jesus Christ" into it's parts and you end up with, "I am salvation's anointing".

Messiah is the Hebrew, Christ is the Greek, and in English we translate it "the anointed One".

Revelation chapter 11 introduces two more messiahs, anointed with seven fold the spirit that rested upon Jesus. Apparently the judge was ignorant of how generous the holy spirit is at spreading around his anointing. All the believers have received of that anointing; that's what being a "Christian" means. We all have received some measure of anointing. When Jesus defended ascribing himself as the son of God, he did so by quoting psalm 82 where it says that we totally missed this point, that we are all sons of God.

good points. I can't help but believe that the plaintiff's demeanor had something to do with this response.

Forum List

Back