🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Judicial Watch Sues over California Law Requiring Presidential Candidates to Submit Tax Returns

Will be fun to watch this go through the system.
It may not make it through the courts, and may be dismissed, because those suing are not harmed??? AND because according to the constitution, aren't States given the power to set the parameters/rules of their own elections???

One state is trying to govern the entire United States.

No, actually, they are simply governing their own State's election process.

It affects no other States, and their election process.

California is not going to hurt someone like president Trump, because never in a million years, would he have won California and their Electors... on the ballot or not on the ballot.

It will hurt the Dems if one of their candidates does not want to release their taxes.

It's gerrymandering, it disfranshied (spl?) California voters

Damn again what's next California says you can only run for president if you can run a four minute mile

It targets Trump specifically...

It's more childish games by the democrats, tit for tat/lowering the bar some more.
Requiring tax returns to be shown for Presidential candidates, is NOT some off the wall new standard.... it has been the standard for 4 decades or more.... people voting no know other standard. It does relate to the presidency, unlike a four minute mile. Trump BROKE that standard, California did NOT?

Why does EVERYTHING, every rule, every standard, every protocol, NOT have to be followed by Trump? Nepotism, tax returns, security clearances, vetting of Admin and Cabinet positions, emoluments clause etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

this guy is such a pansy... everything has to be changed for him.... he's just so special.... special needs is more like it! special snowflake is also more like it.

Enough is enough, he needs to man up, stop lying, and put his big boy pants on.

What the hell is he trying to hide from us, after lying and telling ALL OF US THAT HE WOULD RELEASE HIS TAXES, once the audit was done....

No one can get this chronic liar to ever tell the truth, about anything. I don't trust him, and YOU shouldn't either imho!
/—-/ Its been a “standard” for the POTUS to deliver the SOTU to a joint session of Congress but there is no “law” requiring him to do more than send a written report. Did you know that?

Every candidate for the past 40 years have shown their taxes, with the exception of Crooked Donald, so it has sort of become the norm... expected.

If the court takes the case, it will be interesting to follow.

But I will say, there is some merit to the argument that this could allow all 50 states to have different measures to become a presidential candidate, which they all have now in one degree or another, but it could make it worse if other states start adding their own different measures based off of this requirement being allowed?? I dunno??? This requirement has been the norm though, even without a specific law on it...

on the other hand, in this global economy and world we live in, having access to the candidate's returns could give us voters information on whether the candidate is likely to be breaking the emoluments clause in the future, if they became president.
What previous candidates have done is not binding on anyone unless it becomes law. It also doesn't matter what you believe "has merit." All that matters is the law, and the SC has established that states cannot not create their own requirements for candidates.

You just made it clear that the motive behind this law is purely political.
States ALREADY HAVE THEIR OWN REQUIREMENTS for candidates to be on their ballots... and none of those have been nailed as unconstitutional?

This is why this case will be interesting, if the court takes it.
like i said - just hold the line on this spit into a tornado when it comes around and hits you too.

but i've yet to see either side play some pussy ass shit like this and it not just set precedence for a "hold my beer" moment OF WHICH beings you trump in the end.

you'd think people would stop putting their hand back into the fire to profess so much to hate.
We've never had a candidate that refused to show his taxes as Trump before either, at least not for the past 4 decades or so.... most voters, know no other standard... :dunno:
/—-/ More Presidents have not shown their returns than have. Smirk.

It is Trump who has changed the standard for presidential candidates, by denying us access to his tax returns, that ALL OTHER CANDIDATES have given.
Voluntarily....started under Nixon.

ok. then WHY did he decide to break that standard, that trend of doing such? Why did he think he was special, and should not follow the trend?

Sunshine, is a good thing, and not a bad thing, unless you are Trump, it seems?

Why even take his side on this....? I do not understand you guys when it comes to this....??

It is Trump who has changed the standard for presidential candidates, by denying us access to his tax returns, that ALL OTHER CANDIDATES have given.

ok. then WHY did he decide to break that standard, that trend of doing such? Why did he think he was special, and should not follow the trend?

Why even take his side on this....? I do not understand you guys when it comes to this....??
We all know the media scumbags will take everything in his return and twist it to make it sound sinister and dishonest. That's what they did with Romney. Trump was smart enough not to kick the football.

We all know the media scumbags will take everything in his return and twist it to make it sound sinister and dishonest. That's what they did with Romney. Trump was smart enough not to kick the football.
So, Trump can't take the HEAT that Romney could take? What makes him such a pansy?

Because you're all a bunch of looney toons nutbags searching for any reason whatsoever to find a reason to have him jailed/ Could that be it?

He has WAY more IRS interaction and records than anyone else ever to run for president. He is the first of his kind. He didn't spend 30 years making his taxes look like a sunday school teachers, like all the others have done. He is not a career politician.

And more than most candidates running, he, with his GLOBAL businesses, can be breaking the emoluments clause of the constitution as President.

I do not understand why you and all citizens would NOT WANT TO KNOW and want to see his tax returns, along with all the other candidates running.?
WHY have we made this a standard for 40 some years for presidential candidates? WHY did he lie about it, and tell us he would show them? WHAT is he hiding? What makes him special, and above all other candidates running? Why should he be given this special treatment?
Doesn't that make a pretty solid constitutional argument against releasing them? He would be volunteering information they may try to use against him as criminal?

I mean, go get a fucking warrant. That should not hold up the ballot.

He'll be the last businessman to be elected President after all the bullshit tossed his way.
For now on, and to our Country's detriment, it'll be only milktoast professional politicians.

So, Trump can't take the HEAT that Romney could take? What makes him such a pansy?
Romney lost. Looks like it was a losing decision he regretted. You can thank the butt-fucking commies in the one-sided media for fucking it up for you.

:dunno:

He's taken more heat than a grilled London Broil!
And besides, you still haven't seen his taxes, have you? :auiqs.jpg:

I knew that was going to happen. If states can't impose term limits on members of Congress, then they can't require them to submit tax returns. The Petulant Dims believe that just because they whine about something, that means they are going to get it.

Judicial Watch Sues over California Law Requiring Presidential Candidates Appearing on Primary Ballot to Disclose Tax Returns - Judicial Watch

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch announced today that it filed a federal lawsuit on behalf of four California voters to prevent the California secretary of state from implementing a new state law requiring all presidential candidates who wish to appear on California’s primary ballot to publicly disclose their personal tax returns from the past fPoliticsive years ( Jerry Griffin et al. v. Alex Padilla (No. 2:19-cv-01477). The suit alleges that the law unconstitutionally adds a new qualification for candidates for president. Judicial Watch’s clients include a registered Independent, Republican, and Democrat California voter.
Away from the legality of this...why does it bother you that a candidate gets screened before he or she gets hold of your faith and the.countrys faith ?
The only point of this law is to screen out Republicans who have never held elective office.
I'm talking in general...why are you against vetting politicians ? Why are you against vetting trump even more to see if he is a corrupt or not ?

I already know he is a crook.

Romney lost, dipshit. Remember that?

He'll be the last businessman to be elected President after all the bullshit tossed his way.
For now on, and to our Country's detriment, it'll be only milktoast professional politicians.
That's what she wants, at least when it comes to Republicans.

Will be fun to watch this go through the system.
It may not make it through the courts, and may be dismissed, because those suing are not harmed??? AND because according to the constitution, aren't States given the power to set the parameters/rules of their own elections???

One state is trying to govern the entire United States.

No, actually, they are simply governing their own State's election process.

It affects no other States, and their election process.

California is not going to hurt someone like president Trump, because never in a million years, would he have won California and their Electors... on the ballot or not on the ballot.

It will hurt the Dems if one of their candidates does not want to release their taxes.
Then why do it?
Because they want to keep the standard that has been there for the past 40 years for candidates. Candidate Trump is the one that broke that standard, now making it a free for all for all other candidates.... and they do not want to see this happen with any candidate again, and in the future.

But it truly would not affect President Trump, with it being California....
It is NOT a standard. It is voluntary, always has been. A standard is a requirement.

If it is impossible for Trump to win California, then that screwed- p state is just wasting taxpayer money and time.

/—-/ Where is this “standard” written?

I can't see how voters wouldn't have standing.

Yes, well that's because you are an idiot with no idea how the law works. Just because you personally don't like something does not give you standing to sue.

Don't think we didn't notice that you failed to explain it.

Not everyone who has standing has to be a party to a lawsuit for it to be valid, dumbass. There are lot's of politicians who would be affected by the law, but only Trump is suing. Are you saying his suit will be thrown out? What is your justification for saying voters don't have standing? They are the ones who are primarily affected by the law. It's pure idiocy to claim they don't have standing.

Forum List

Back