jury awards black 8.25 million

Many states have "stop-and-identify" laws. Under these laws, if a police officer reasonably suspects that someone has engaged in criminal activity,

Demanding Identification From People on the Street

Going to Starbucks is not reasonable suspicion. Even then the two daughters have no obligation to even have identification on them.

"Show me your papers".
I never said it was. You said stop and id laws were unconstitutional. They clearly aren’t.

If Police Depts had insurance specifically for this it would happen every time an incident like this happened.

The premiums would be nothing more than the government paying settlements on a payment plan. Only it would cost more in the long run since the insurance company has overhead and has to make a profit.
would it??
every cop in the country is bonded or carries insurance,, the people filing the suit determine who they are holding responsible,,

if you get in to many wrecks does your insurance company just raise your rates or do they drop you all together??

I never said it was. You said stop and id laws were unconstitutional. They clearly aren’t.

We are not discussing people who are reasonably suspected of committing a crime. These women were not. Even then, you do not have to have identification while walking down the street.

"Show me your papers"

would it??
every cop in the country is bonded or carries insurance,, the people filing the suit determine who they are holding responsible,,

if you get in to many wrecks does your insurance company just raise your rates or do they drop you all together??
Yes it would. Insurance works because the cost is spread out over the whole, 90% of which never use the service. If one entity is paying all the insurance premiums that entity is paying more for the insurance than just paying for what’s being insured against would cost them.

Yes it would. Insurance works because the cost is spread out over the whole, 90% of which never use the service. If one entity is paying all the insurance premiums that entity is paying more for the insurance than just paying for what’s being insured against would cost them.
FFS do you have a mental problem??

I am not talking about the premium I am talking about the pay out,,
and if you took time to address my specific point on that instead of ignoring it you might understand,,

if you get in to many wrecks they fucking drop you like a rock,,,

We are not discussing people who are reasonably suspected of committing a crime. These women were not. Even then, you do not have to have identification while walking down the street.

"Show me your papers"
Did you or did you not say stop and id laws were one court case away from being deemed unconstitutional? Do you have an second personality that posts sometimes that the one posting right now isn’t aware of?

All Unconstitutional.

That’s you right? Responding to my post that 28 states have stop and if laws.

Did you or did you not say stop and id laws were one court case away from being deemed unconstitutional? Do you have an second personality that posts sometimes that the one posting right now isn’t aware of?

That’s you right? Responding to my post that 28 states have stop and if laws.

Any law that requires anyone to produce an ID while minding their own business is unconstitutional.

Laws simple stating the obvious are simply redundant laws. No one ever argued that the police can not demand you ID yourself if you are reasonably suspected of a crime. Going to Starbucks is not a crime.

Any law that requires anyone to produce an ID while minding their own business is unconstitutional.

Laws simple stating the obvious are simply redundant laws. No one ever argued that the police can not demand you ID yourself if you are reasonably suspected of a crime. Going to Starbucks is not a crime.
I would have just handed over my ID if asked. No big deal. But now that I can get $8.5 million for refusing, I’m going that route.

I would have just handed over my ID if asked. No big deal. But now that I can get $8.5 million for refusing, I’m going that route.
be careful,, you may be giving up your rights and that will lead to future generations losing them all together,,

Great. Not allowing the police violate your constitutional rights is always a good thing.

blacks have chip on their shoulder and make things harder on themselves.
What we’re dealing with here is a minority of Black people and a minority of white people who support BLM who support things like going after the police and who support things like multi million dollar payoffs for no good reason like to people who talk back to cops and might get “detained” for 10 minutes

That’s my position on the matter. And what our friend progressive Hunter(he keeps repeating the same response as there’s no nuance to his argument in this thread) do not see is that the Honorable black man who is a police officer in this country like the Honorable white man who is a police officer have to deal with higher levels of stress because of situations like the original poster talked …about how millions of dollars are paid off for no good reason. And How much of the media is against the police.

What we’re dealing with here is a minority of Black people and a minority of white people who support BLM who support things like going after the police and who support things like multi million dollar payoffs for no good reason like to people who talk back to cops and might get “detained” for 10 minutes

That’s my position on the matter. And what our friend progressive Hunter(he keeps repeating the same response as there’s no nuance to his argument in this thread) do not see is that the Honorable black man who is a police officer in this country like the Honorable white man who is a police officer have to deal with higher levels of stress because of situations like the original poster talked …about how millions of dollars are paid off for no good reason. And How much of the media is against the police.

Why do you support the cops violating our Constitutionally protected rights?

Why do you support the cops violating our Constitutionally protected rights?
Why do you think someone who was “detained“ for 10 minutes deserves a lifetime of mansions, international first-class jet-setting, and never having to work another day in their lives to “make up” for the brief interruption to her afternoon?

Why do you think someone who was “detained“ for 10 minutes deserves of lifetime of mansions, international first-class jet-setting, of never having to work another day in their lives?

If you can find a better why to finally get this through their heads I'm open to it.

Would I support them being fired and never being able to work in law enforcement rather than a settlement? Yeah, I could support that.

Forum List

Back