jury awards black 8.25 million

Why do you think someone who was “detained“ for 10 minutes deserves a lifetime of mansions, international first-class jet-setting, and never having to work another day in their lives to “make up” for the brief interruption to her afternoon?
I think she should get all that and more....if, for no other reason, it makes people like you miserable. I enjoy seeing bad people in misery. Your posts make me happy.

I think she should get all that and more....if, for no other reason, it makes people like you miserable. I enjoy seeing bad people in misery. Your posts make me happy.
This is the mark of an evil evil person.

My default assumption these days is the cops were probably on the wrong side of the law in cases like these, but I'd want to see the video. It seems like a reasonable temporary detention *if* they can provide some sort of factual basis for it in the first place, like car and individuals matching the description of a suspect or suspects.

Police should explain why someone is being detained, though. I'm gonna hazard a guess that the officers were jerks about it and pulled the "Obey my author-i-tay" card.

Why do you think someone who was “detained“ for 10 minutes deserves a lifetime of mansions, international first-class jet-setting, and never having to work another day in their lives to “make up” for the brief interruption to her afternoon?
its about what happened to them not what they deserve,,

their rights were violated,, how much is that worth to you??

If you can find a better why to finally get this through their heads I'm open to it.

Would I support them being fired and never being able to work in law enforcement rather than a settlement? Yeah, I could support that.
It’s ridiculous.

My brother (nice guy, college-educated, never arrested) was walking in the park one day when the police arrived, asked for his ID, and spoke to him for a few minutes. Turned out someone in the park had called him in for looking “suspicious“ (I TOLD him not to wear that dark blue hoodie!), and the cops were just following through. They apologized, Steve said “no problem,” and that was the end.

The next day, Steve went back to his office. Are you telling me that he could have gotten millions of dollars, paid off his house, quit his job, maybe pay off the mortgage of his nice sister, too, hmmmmm…..spend the rest of his life jet-setting and collecting fancy cars, and move into one of those mansions in Great Falls, VA?

The money is a windfall for the family (as long as they can hold onto it), but it's really more of a lesson for the police. These officers cost the government that funds them and the idea is that this will hopefully spur better training and changes going forward.

It’s ridiculous.

My brother (nice guy, college-educated, never arrested) was walking in the park one day when the police arrived, asked for his ID, and spoke to him for a few minutes. Turned out someone in the park had called him in for looking “suspicious“ (I TOLD him not to wear that dark blue hoodie!), and the cops were just following through. They apologized, Steve said “no problem,” and that was the end.

The next day, Steve went back to his office. Are you telling me that he could have gotten millions of dollars, paid off his house, quit his job, maybe pay off the mortgage of his nice sister, too, hmmmmm…..spend the rest of his life jet-setting and collecting fancy cars, and move into one of those mansions in Great Falls, VA?

Was he put in cuffs and detained? Not according to you. The cops quickly realized they had no reason to detain him and off he went.

its about what happened to them not what they deserve,,

their rights were violated,, how much is that worth to you??
If it happened to me, and I was uninsured, not arrested, and just sent on my way after 10 minutes, I’d be thrilled with $1000 and a gift card to the Capitol Grill Steakhouse for two!

The money is a windfall for the family (as long as they can hold onto it), but it's really more of a lesson for the police. These officers cost the government that funds them and the idea is that this will hopefully spur better training and changes going forward.
The government is made up of taxpayers, and they shouldn’t have to pay this ridiculous amount.

Was he put in cuffs and detained? Not according to you. The cops quickly realized they had no reason to detain him and off he went.
No, he wasn’t. In that case, I’d say he’d deserve a little money…..maybe $1000. Or $2000. But $8 million? Get real.

You think they will now do it again?
No.

But why isn’t that logic applies to dangerous criminals? We have repeat offenders who assault, and aren’t even held on bond. Why don’t you have the same hatred for violent savages as you do for cops?

Forum List

Back