jury awards black 8.25 million

^^^ This is why our country is doomed. Excuses and sympathy for violent criminals, and demonization of cops who did no harm.
when did I ever make an excuse for a criminal???

what causes a country to fall is when useful idiots like you make excuses for sworn government agents that violate their oaths and harm people,,

now we can stick to the topic or make it personal like youre trying to do,,
which is it you want??

when did I ever make an excuse for a criminal???

what causes a country to fall is when useful idiots like you make excuses for sworn government agents that violate their oaths and harm people,,

now we can stick to the topic or make it personal like youre trying to do,,
which is it you want??
You just called me a useful idiot, and then complain that I am the one making it personal?

Over and out. Debating with someone my intellectual inferior is getting annoying. Same reason I don’t try to teach a pig to sing.

You just called me a useful idiot, and then complain that I am the one making it personal?

Over and out. Debating with someone my intellectual inferior is getting annoying. Same reason I don’t try to teach a pig to sing.
I was describing what youre doing,, you lied about me and tried to change the subject and make it about me,,

why is it you dont think sworn government agents should abide the oaths they took??

thats what causes countries to fall faster than anything,,

What about the white guy the cops put in the freezer and died as a result? Haven’t heard much about it.

I haven't heard much about that one either ... But that lawsuit is just getting started ... Poor Tony ...
Got tased and thrown in the freezer at the jailhouse ... Probably shouldn't expect more than about $2.5 million though.

I think she should get all that and more....if, for no other reason, it makes people like you miserable. I enjoy seeing bad people in misery. Your posts make me happy.

Funny thing though that 8.5 million has to come from somewhere doesnt it. So some social service, or program to help people or training for police officers or something will have to have fewer funds to support that pay out. How many work hours have to be taxed in order to fund it? The cops were wrong. There should be some restitution for the women and punishment for the cops. It shouldnt be 8.5 million dollars.

Funny thing though that 8.5 million has to come from somewhere doesnt it. So some social service, or program to help people or training for police officers or something will have to have fewer funds to support that pay out. How many work hours have to be taxed in order to fund it? The cops were wrong. There should be some restitution for the women and punishment for the cops. It shouldnt be 8.5 million dollars.
thats why I said they should sue the bonding company not the city,,

I haven't heard much about that one either ... But that lawsuit is just getting started ... Poor Tony ...
Got tased and thrown in the freezer at the jailhouse ... Probably shouldn't expect more than about $2.5 million though.

Different payouts for different races.

Different payouts for different races.

Well that ... And Sitting in your car in the Starbuck's parking lot is a bit different than being in jail and get tased.

The whole "life and death" issue could come into play ...
But Eric Garner's family only ended up with $5.6 million from New York City and the NYPD.

The money is a windfall for the family (as long as they can hold onto it), but it's really more of a lesson for the police. These officers cost the government that funds them and the idea is that this will hopefully spur better training and changes going forward.
Why didn't she show her id?

According to the article ... The three kept telling the police they had done nothing wrong.

To avoid such circumstances in the future ... The police just need to park the car on the corner and open the back door ...
With a sign that reads ... "If you feel like turning yourself in ... We'll give you a ride".

I don't have enough info to say one way or the other.

It's rare, but there are some unusual cases in which cops can temporarily detain people if they have some credible basis for it. Some states also compel individuals to provide name and personal info upon request, though CA may not be one of them, and again, there generally needs to be a basis for it.

I'm going to assume the jury looked at the facts and determined the cops didn't establish that basis and, on top of that, probably added like authoritarian dicks to boot, but I honestly don't know. Wasn't there and wasn't a juror. Just a hunch based on the jury's verdict.

I don't have enough info to say one way or the other.

It's rare, but there are some unusual cases in which cops can temporarily detain people if they have some credible basis for it. Some states also compel individuals to provide name and personal info upon request, though CA may not be one of them, and again, there generally needs to be a basis for it.

I'm going to assume the jury looked at the facts and determined the cops didn't establish that basis and, on top of that, probably added like authoritarian dicks to boot, but I honestly don't know. Wasn't there and wasn't a juror. Just a hunch based on the jury's verdict.
Jury filled with leftist scum...

8.25 million for being detained while your car is searched? It really pays to play the racial victim card in state run by imbeciles.
Michigan owes me 8 million from an incident decades ago, apparently. Oh, wait, I’m not black. Dang!
I'm wondering if the mother refused showing her or her daughters' licenses BECAUSE she was hoping for a big payday.

I understand people saying she was not obliged to do that, but it would have been the nice thing to do.

Although I admit I wonder how the police could think a mom and two daughters were the men car thieves they were looking for. I'd love an explanation of that! The whole thing stinks ---- on both sides.

thats why I said they should sue the bonding company not the city,,
Who pays for the bond? THE FUCKING CITY you dope. The bonding company isn't going to lose money so the bonds will cost the city (the taxpayer) more than the payouts. We just shouldn't be paying people lottery jackpots for incidents like this. There's really no justification for it.

I'm wondering if the mother refused showing her or her daughters' licenses BECAUSE she was hoping for a big payday.

I understand people saying she was not obliged to do that, but it would have been the nice thing to do.

Although I admit I wonder how the police could think a mom and two daughters were the men car thieves they were looking for. I'd love an explanation of that! The whole thing stinks ---- on both sides.
Maybe they was so butt ugly they looked like men.

Forum List

Back