Jury convicts LAPD officer for kicking woman in groin

Jury convicts LAPD officer for kicking woman in groin - LA Times
Better than no conviction.
Why do police departments think it's reasonable to beat someone into submission? It's disgusting behavior. Now I guess it's you can't beat then shoot them.
Policestate2.jpg

Why do police departments think it's reasonable to beat someone into submission? It's disgusting behavior. Now I guess it's you can't beat then shoot them.

The cop wasn't just convicted for kicking the victim in the groin or beating her into submission. The woman died. I started another op on this story earlier. Here is the link:
Guilty Verdict in Trial of Ex-LAPD Officer Accused in Arrest of Woman Who Died US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Obviously it's not OK since the female officer was arrested, tried and convicted. Thanks to idiot shows like "funniest home videos" and about a hundred years of laughs about kicks in the groin it's pretty ironic that a female officer was convicted of kicking a female suspect in the groin. Why do idiot progs comb the media to find an incidence that satisfies their bigoted hypocrite minds that all Police are corrupt? Who ya gonna call when you hear a noise in the middle of the night?

Oh my gawd!!!! Whoa!!! Thats it. Disband all police departments in America.

Obviously it's not OK since the female officer was arrested, tried and convicted. Thanks to idiot shows like "funniest home videos" and about a hundred years of laughs about kicks in the groin it's pretty ironic that a female officer was convicted of kicking a female suspect in the groin. Why do idiot progs comb the media to find an incidence that satisfies their bigoted hypocrite minds that all Police are corrupt? Who ya gonna call when you hear a noise in the middle of the night?

Well, no, it was not just simply kicking to the groin, the kicks were also applied to the abdomen area; but it didn't stop there. Open hand blows to the throat were also recorded on the video. But the cavalier attitude shown by Officer O' Callaghan after the attack revealed a darker side that found disfavor among the jurors.

I am still curious to know, just what precipitated the so-called resistance claimed. Alicia apparently showed no resistance to being handcuffed as that had already been done before the arrival of the female police officer.

Obviously the resistance came when she was reluctant to get into the closed space of the police cruiser. The article describes her as being a big woman weighing in at over 228 pounds. If she was claustrophobic that would have been a factor in her resistance to being placed in such an environment.

Hyperventilation due to fear of being placed in a confined space, all the while being handcuffed, kicked in the body and hit in the throat, would seem far more reasonable to accept as a cause of death than a little cocaine.

In my honest opinion I think a D.O.J. investigation is warranted!

Well, no, it was not just simply kicking to the groin, the kicks were also applied to the abdomen area; but it didn't stop there. Open hand blows to the throat were also recorded on the video. But the cavalier attitude shown by Officer O' Callaghan after the attack revealed a darker side that found disfavor among the jurors.

I am still curious to know, just what precipitated the so-called resistance claimed. Alicia apparently showed no resistance to being handcuffed as that had already been done before the arrival of the female police officer.

Obviously the resistance came when she was reluctant to get into the closed space of the police cruiser. The article describes her as being a big woman weighing in at over 228 pounds. If she was claustrophobic that would have been a factor in her resistance to being placed in such an environment.

Hyperventilation due to fear of being placed in a confined space, all the while being handcuffed, kicked in the body and hit in the throat, would seem far more reasonable to accept as a cause of death than a little cocaine.

Well if you don't want to ride in a police car, then don't commit crimes!!! I agree with your points about the beating, but what would you suggest they do with her when she refuses to cooperate after SHE committed a crime?

Well if you don't want to ride in a police car, then don't commit crimes!!! I agree with your points about the beating, but what would you suggest they do with her when she refuses to cooperate after SHE committed a crime?

Not everyone that is arrested has committed a crime. Obviously, this woman just did not have the resources or means to care for her two children so she did what you thought was best for them by leaving them in front of the police station. That logic may have been faulty but LAPD training in the department of recognizing mentally challenged people is just as faulty. In this case, probably the best thing to do would have been to delay putting her in the vehicle until she calmed down. The EMTs should have been called to check her vital signs. Then the necessary steps to get her either to the hospital or to the police station could have ensued thereafter. If those steps had been taken the woman would still be alive.

Not everyone that is arrested has committed a crime. Obviously, this woman just did not have the resources or means to care for her two children so she did what you thought was best for them by leaving them in front of the police station. That logic may have been faulty but LAPD training in the department of recognizing mentally challenged people is just as faulty. In this case, probably the best thing to do would have been to delay putting her in the vehicle until she calmed down. The EMTs should have been called to check her vital signs. Then the necessary steps to get her either to the hospital or to the police station could have ensued thereafter. If those steps had been taken the woman would still be alive.

We have social services programs for people with children who don't have the means to care for them so that they do NOT steal or commit other crimes, etc.

I'm sorry, but if you break the law, there are consequences. The LAPD are not trained psychiatrists.

We have social services programs for people with children who don't have the means to care for them so that they do NOT steal or commit other crimes, etc.

I'm sorry, but if you break the law, there are consequences. The LAPD are not trained psychiatrists.

I agree, there are consequences if you break the law but those consequences should not include death by beating or inhumane treatment; especially if the offense was not related to violence. Obviously, the jurors agreed with that and the police officer is now facing prison because she broke the law.

Another thing: in noting that you don't believe the police are trained psychiatrists I would argue that they should be able to recognize a person in distress. I don't believe there's any specific medical training for that other than that observed by people with common sense in any profession.

I agree, there are consequences if you break the law but those consequences should not include death by beating or inhumane treatment; especially if the offense was not related to violence. Obviously, the jurors agreed with that and the police officer is now facing prison because she broke the law.

Another thing: in noting that you don't believe the police are trained psychiatrists I would argue that they should be able to recognize a person in distress. I don't believe there's any specific medical training for that other than that observed by people with common sense in any profession.

Lol! A lot of people who get arrested feign distress! No, sorry, if you don't want to be in that position, then you don't go out and commit crimes. I will always hold the criminal responsible for his/her own actions and not the police for the reaction, unless it is obvious that brutality was involved and the person was not fighting.

Exactly what crime are you suggesting she committed...just for gags and giggles, tell us...

Lol! A lot of people who get arrested feign distress! No, sorry, if you don't want to be in that position, then you don't go out and commit crimes. I will always hold the criminal responsible for his/her own actions and not the police for the reaction, unless it is obvious that brutality was involved and the person was not fighting.
Please list the mythical crime she supposedly committed???

Please list it? Well that doesn't make much sense, but in any case, she fought and refused to cooperate with the police. THAT is a crime. If people wouldn't fight, then they wouldn't get hurt, but they leave the officers with not much choice in the matter. They do not have the funding to bring along a psychiatrist to make a clinical assessment every time they have to arrest someone.

Please list it? Well that doesn't make much sense, but in any case, she fought and refused to cooperate with the police. THAT is a crime. If people wouldn't fight, then they wouldn't get hurt, but they leave the officers with not much choice in the matter. They do not have the funding to bring along a psychiatrist to make a clinical assessment every time they have to arrest someone.
There's no crime when an individual is resisting arrest when officers have no probable cause or reasonable suspicion...so your ignorance on the matter is clear.

Why don't you try again, using three or four brain cells????

What crime did she commit that warranted police arresting her????

There's no crime when an individual is resisting arrest when officers have no probable cause or reasonable suspicion...so your ignorance on the matter is clear.

It most certainly is a crime. A misdemeanor in many areas, it is called insubordination. Perhaps you need to use your one brain cell.

Is it just an assumption on your part that criminals tend to feign distress. I don't think you can quantify that statement so think carefully before you repeat it.

Now, pertaining to the commission of crime: Does your empathy extend to the victims of crimes perpetrated by officers such as this case exemplifies?? your focus isn't on Alesia is it? No real sympathy for the victim who was, technically, murdered.
Inquiring minds would like to know if the criminal in blue qualifies as a model for your stand against
Crime.

Did you notice that the report does not show a criminal record for Alicia Thomas? Could it be that she had no rap sheet at all?

It most certainly is a crime. A misdemeanor in many areas, it is called insubordination. Perhaps you need to use your one brain cell.

HAHAHA!!!!!...misdemeanor "insubordination"???!!!!
Please tell me you were having a grand mal seizure when you typed something this stupid....

Is it just an assumption on your part that criminals tend to feign distress. I don't think you can quantify that statement so think carefully before you repeat it.

Now, pertaining to the commission of crime: Does your empathy extend to the victims of crimes perpetrated by officers such as this case exemplifies?? your focus isn't on Alesia is it? No real sympathy for the victim who was, technically, murdered.
Inquiring minds would like to know if the criminal in blue qualifies as a model for your stand against
Crime.

Did you notice that the report does not show a criminal record for Alicia Thomas? Could it be that she had no rap sheet at all?

Haven't you ever watched Cops? Lol!

I already stated that I thought there was an overreaction on the officer's part in this particular situation, but that generally speaking, it is just too bad if you don't want to go into the car or to jail after committing a crime. I have very little empathy for criminals, if any at all. *shrugs* They bring it on themselves in most instances, IMO.

Forum List

Back