Jury convicts LAPD officer for kicking woman in groin

Lol! A lot of people who get arrested feign distress! No, sorry, if you don't want to be in that position, then you don't go out and commit crimes. I will always hold the criminal responsible for his/her own actions and not the police for the reaction, unless it is obvious that brutality was involved and the person was not fighting.
Please list the mythical crime she supposedly committed???

Please list it? Well that doesn't make much sense, but in any case, she fought and refused to cooperate with the police. THAT is a crime. If people wouldn't fight, then they wouldn't get hurt, but they leave the officers with not much choice in the matter. They do not have the funding to bring along a psychiatrist to make a clinical assessment every time they have to arrest someone.
There's no crime when an individual is resisting arrest when officers have no probable cause or reasonable suspicion...so your ignorance on the matter is clear.

Why don't you try again, using three or four brain cells????

What crime did she commit that warranted police arresting her????

It most certainly is a crime. A misdemeanor in many areas, it is called insubordination. Perhaps you need to use your one brain cell.

HAHAHA!!!!!...misdemeanor "insubordination"???!!!!
Please tell me you were having a grand mal seizure when you typed something this stupid....

Really?

Failure to obey a police officer, or failure to obey a police order, is typically a misdemeanor. In Washington, DC, this law is utilized primarily for purposes of ensuring that officers tasked with directing traffic have the authority to direct motorists and pedestrians in a proper and safe manner.[1] In Virginia, it is a misdemeanor to refuse to assist an officer in responding to a breach of the peace[2] or in executing his office in a criminal case.[3]

Please list it? Well that doesn't make much sense, but in any case, she fought and refused to cooperate with the police. THAT is a crime. If people wouldn't fight, then they wouldn't get hurt, but they leave the officers with not much choice in the matter. They do not have the funding to bring along a psychiatrist to make a clinical assessment every time they have to arrest someone.
There's no crime when an individual is resisting arrest when officers have no probable cause or reasonable suspicion...so your ignorance on the matter is clear.

It most certainly is a crime. A misdemeanor in many areas, it is called insubordination. Perhaps you need to use your one brain cell.

Please tell me you were having a grand mal seizure when you typed something this stupid....

Really?

Failure to obey a police officer, or failure to obey a police order, is typically a misdemeanor. In Washington, DC, this law is utilized primarily for purposes of ensuring that officers tasked with directing traffic have the authority to direct motorists and pedestrians in a proper and safe manner.[1] In Virginia, it is a misdemeanor to refuse to assist an officer in responding to a breach of the peace[2] or in executing his office in a criminal case.[3]
You just proved why stupid people should not post.....
1. Wash, D.C. law has absolutely no bearing on Ca. Law.
2. The incident took place in the state of Ca.
3. The D.C. law doesn't contain the word "insubordination" anywhere, so you are either too stupid to recognize that or you that people were as stupid as you not to recognize that...
4. List the State of Ca. penal Code that lists "insubordination" as a misdemeanor as you claimed.

Not everyone that is arrested has committed a crime. Obviously, this woman just did not have the resources or means to care for her two children so she did what you thought was best for them by leaving them in front of the police station. That logic may have been faulty but LAPD training in the department of recognizing mentally challenged people is just as faulty. In this case, probably the best thing to do would have been to delay putting her in the vehicle until she calmed down. The EMTs should have been called to check her vital signs. Then the necessary steps to get her either to the hospital or to the police station could have ensued thereafter. If those steps had been taken the woman would still be alive.

We have social services programs for people with children who don't have the means to care for them so that they do NOT steal or commit other crimes, etc.

I'm sorry, but if you break the law, there are consequences. The LAPD are not trained psychiatrists.

I agree, there are consequences if you break the law but those consequences should not include death by beating or inhumane treatment; especially if the offense was not related to violence. Obviously, the jurors agreed with that and the police officer is now facing prison because she broke the law.

Another thing: in noting that you don't believe the police are trained psychiatrists I would argue that they should be able to recognize a person in distress. I don't believe there's any specific medical training for that other than that observed by people with common sense in any profession.

Lol! A lot of people who get arrested feign distress! No, sorry, if you don't want to be in that position, then you don't go out and commit crimes. I will always hold the criminal responsible for his/her own actions and not the police for the reaction, unless it is obvious that brutality was involved and the person was not fighting.

Is it just an assumption on your part that criminals tend to feign distress. I don't think you can quantify that statement so think carefully before you repeat it.

Now, pertaining to the commission of crime: Does your empathy extend to the victims of crimes perpetrated by officers such as this case exemplifies?? your focus isn't on Alesia is it? No real sympathy for the victim who was, technically, murdered.
Inquiring minds would like to know if the criminal in blue qualifies as a model for your stand against
Crime.

Did you notice that the report does not show a criminal record for Alicia Thomas? Could it be that she had no rap sheet at all?

Haven't you ever watched Cops? Lol!

I already stated that I thought there was an overreaction on the officer's part in this particular situation, but that generally speaking, it is just too bad if you don't want to go into the car or to jail after committing a crime. I have very little empathy for criminals, if any at all. *shrugs* They bring it on themselves in most instances, IMO.
So you are reluctant to say the police woman's "overreaction" was a crime. Well, sorry that's what it was. police. If you cannot wrap your mind around that then I guess you will go on defending them even when they are committing crimes against the public.

We have social services programs for people with children who don't have the means to care for them so that they do NOT steal or commit other crimes, etc.

I'm sorry, but if you break the law, there are consequences. The LAPD are not trained psychiatrists.

I agree, there are consequences if you break the law but those consequences should not include death by beating or inhumane treatment; especially if the offense was not related to violence. Obviously, the jurors agreed with that and the police officer is now facing prison because she broke the law.

Another thing: in noting that you don't believe the police are trained psychiatrists I would argue that they should be able to recognize a person in distress. I don't believe there's any specific medical training for that other than that observed by people with common sense in any profession.

Contempt of cop. It's a very serious crime...sometimes, like this case, it is punished by summary execution on the spot.

Just another subhuman "civilian" getting what she deserved. Wasn't a cop. Wasn't related to a cop. Therefore, not worthy of anything but contempt. Only cops have the right to live and be respected in this country. What's wrong?

Really?

3. The D.C. law doesn't contain the word "insubordination" anywhere, so you are either too stupid to recognize that or you that people were as stupid as you not to recognize that...
4. List the State of Ca. penal Code that lists "insubordination" as a misdemeanor as you claimed.

Sorry, but you are just wrong. Resisting the police is a misdemeanor in most areas. That's just a fact. Are you saying that if the police tell you to come with them in CA, you can fight with them, and that is not a crime? :lol: Go try it and report back here with the results.

Just another subhuman "civilian" getting what she deserved. Wasn't a cop. Wasn't related to a cop. Therefore, not worthy of anything but contempt. Only cops have the right to live and be respected in this country. What's wrong?

Who said that? Oh, that's right nobody, so this is just a bunch of lies. Not surprising.

Perhaps you need it spelled out for you . . . IF you fight the cops and get beat up, that's really your own fault, right?

Is it just an assumption on your part that criminals tend to feign distress. I don't think you can quantify that statement so think carefully before you repeat it.

Now, pertaining to the commission of crime: Does your empathy extend to the victims of crimes perpetrated by officers such as this case exemplifies?? your focus isn't on Alesia is it? No real sympathy for the victim who was, technically, murdered.
Inquiring minds would like to know if the criminal in blue qualifies as a model for your stand against
Crime.

Did you notice that the report does not show a criminal record for Alicia Thomas? Could it be that she had no rap sheet at all?

Haven't you ever watched Cops? Lol!

I already stated that I thought there was an overreaction on the officer's part in this particular situation, but that generally speaking, it is just too bad if you don't want to go into the car or to jail after committing a crime. I have very little empathy for criminals, if any at all. *shrugs* They bring it on themselves in most instances, IMO.
So you are reluctant to say the police woman's "overreaction" was a crime. Well, sorry that's what it was. police. If you cannot wrap your mind around that then I guess you will go on defending them even when they are committing crimes against the public.

No, I did say that she was wrong. Didn't I? Now, answer my question, what would you expect the police to do in such a situation? And leave your fantasy land out of it. NO, the police are not trained psychiatrists.

So what would you suggest the police do when they need to take a person into custody (for whatever reasons) and the person fights them? Don't deflect. Answer the question.

So what would you suggest the police do when they need to take a person into custody (for whatever reasons) and the person fights them? Don't deflect. Answer the question.

I would think that is a very situational question. There is no simple, fits-all-cases answer. It is dependent on many things : the crime believed to have been committed, the sizes of the officer(s) and suspect(s), if any weapons are involved or believed to be involved, the environment where the arrest takes place, etc. However, beating a suspect is unlikely to ever be the proper answer, legally speaking.

Really?

Sorry, but you are just wrong. Resisting the police is a misdemeanor in most areas. That's just a fact. Are you saying that if the police tell you to come with them in CA, you can fight with them, and that is not a crime? :lol: Go try it and report back here with the results.
Let's showcase your stupidity for the world to see, shall we.

YOUR STATEMENT
Post#17:

So you claimed there is a CA. penal code misdemeanor called "insubordination".

Now, you want to pretend that you never made that statement by attempting to deflect with the "resisting" angle, it won't work stupid girl.

So once again:

Now, why don't you get back to us with that Ca. statute????...LOL!!!!

Last edited:

WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE:

Since the subject was innocent until proven guilty of any crime, she should have been treated humanely. She was already handcuffed and in custody' but appeared to be afraid to get into the vehicle. Likely, she was despondent over having had to leave her kids at a police station and was not in a combative mood at all. The article didn't say she kicked or lashed out at anyone even though her legs were eventually restrained. Perhaps she was using her legs to resist getting into the vehicle.

Simply asking the questions: "why are you afraid to get into the vehicle ?" Are you claustrophobic?" In either case if she had said yes then arrangements should have been made to transport her by other means. She did ask for an ambulance and that request was ignored. Why was it ignored? Is it really a routine thing for criminals to request an ambulance during their arrests? I don't think so.

What would be gained? EMTs at the scene could determine if she was faking or not and she would then be subsequently taken to the jail house anyway if that were the case.

Look the person has no guns or knives or anything else...cops should subdo the person and handcuff the person and that's it, nothing more because the person is no threat. But I've personally seen videos where the cops keep beating the person sometimes to death and are not found guilty. Those cops should go to jail period. And if it were my child and they killed him the safest place for the cops that did it would be in jail period an eye for a eye.

Upon reflection, I have come to the conclusion that Alesia (alicia) was standing on the precipice of despair and had taken an overdose of Cocaine to end it all. Friendless and without hope she wanted to die peacefully without having her children present when it happened. I believe she took her children to the police station after she had made the decision to commit suicide. I don't know when she dropped them off but likely it was after dark.

The police found her at home so she wasn't on the lam. She also offered no resistance by barricading herself in her dwelling or refusing to open the door. She also allowed them to handcuff her and complied until it was time to enter the vehicle. She asked for an ambulance because she felt the effects of the overdose taking hold but the police officers might have been oblivious to that. Cynicism seems to be one of the virtues of being a good cop. Insensitive to the needs of her prisoner, O'Callaghan brutalized her and, while she was not charged with killing Ms Thomas, her actions probably contributed to Alesia's untimely demise.

NOTE: This narrative is hypothetical and based on bits and pieces of facts I know about the case. It is not meant to be taken literally as a record of events. I do think a deeper investigation into the final days in the life of Alesia Thomas might reveal similar real events that correspond with my hypothesis.

WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE:

Since the subject was innocent until proven guilty of any crime, she should have been treated humanely. She was already handcuffed and in custody' but appeared to be afraid to get into the vehicle. Likely, she was despondent over having had to leave her kids at a police station and was not in a combative mood at all. The article didn't say she kicked or lashed out at anyone even though her legs were eventually restrained. Perhaps she was using her legs to resist getting into the vehicle.

Simply asking the questions: "why are you afraid to get into the vehicle ?" Are you claustrophobic?" In either case if she had said yes then arrangements should have been made to transport her by other means. She did ask for an ambulance and that request was ignored. Why was it ignored? Is it really a routine thing for criminals to request an ambulance during their arrests? I don't think so.

What would be gained? EMTs at the scene could determine if she was faking or not and she would then be subsequently taken to the jail house anyway if that were the case.

Because if a person shows no signs of medical distress, then an ambulance would not normally be called. You do realize that all of these things cost taxpayer dollars? What if we had to call an ambulance for all criminals because they seemed to be in "distress?" It is just unrealistic, and though I'm sorry that this woman died while in police custody, and that in this particular instance, perhaps another route could have been taken because of the woman's mental status, police men and women are only human beings and mistakes will be made. In MOST instances, people are routinely taken into custody without anything bad happening to them.

Really?

YOUR STATEMENT
Post#17:

Now, you want to pretend that you never made that statement by attempting to deflect with the "resisting" angle, it won't work stupid girl.

So once again:

I said in many areas, insubordination is a misdemeanor and it is. You said it was not a crime to resist the police, and I proved you wrong. You should probably leave the thread now, before your anger reveals you to be even more of a miserable POS than it already has. Bye-bye now loser.

I would think that is a very situational question. There is no simple, fits-all-cases answer. It is dependent on many things : the crime believed to have been committed, the sizes of the officer(s) and suspect(s), if any weapons are involved or believed to be involved, the environment where the arrest takes place, etc. However, beating a suspect is unlikely to ever be the proper answer, legally speaking.

I agree with this, but my point is that sometimes things like this are bound to happen. We are never going to have perfect policing. There is no such thing as perfection, and I must disagree that the police are generally "racist" and I disagree with a lot of the allegations thrown in the direction of the police. Perhaps in some areas, some need better training. I don't argue that point, but I do have to argue the point that the police are generally hateful, racist and want to kill or injure people.

Really?

YOUR STATEMENT
Post#17:

So once again:

I said in many areas, insubordination is a misdemeanor and it is. You said it was not a crime to resist the police, and I proved you wrong. You should probably leave the thread now, before your anger reveals you to be even more of a miserable POS than it already has. Bye-bye now loser.

What you keep saying simply proves your stupidity!!!!
For three or four pages you have been speaking from a point of stupidity and ignorance or maybe you are just a lying sack of shit...

So please for the umpteenth time...post a link to where you proved that "insubordination" is a penal code statute classified as a misdemeanor...as you keep saying.

Actually you have proved no one wrong, you are simply stuck on stupid.

549417_1450366765278654_5769600893559946667_n.jpg

Forum List

Back