Jury convicts LAPD officer for kicking woman in groin

Just another subhuman "civilian" getting what she deserved. Wasn't a cop. Wasn't related to a cop. Therefore, not worthy of anything but contempt. Only cops have the right to live and be respected in this country. What's wrong?

So what would you suggest the police do when they need to take a person into custody (for whatever reasons) and the person fights them? Don't deflect. Answer the question.

I would think that is a very situational question. There is no simple, fits-all-cases answer. It is dependent on many things : the crime believed to have been committed, the sizes of the officer(s) and suspect(s), if any weapons are involved or believed to be involved, the environment where the arrest takes place, etc. However, beating a suspect is unlikely to ever be the proper answer, legally speaking.

I agree with this, but my point is that sometimes things like this are bound to happen. We are never going to have perfect policing. There is no such thing as perfection, and I must disagree that the police are generally "racist" and I disagree with a lot of the allegations thrown in the direction of the police. Perhaps in some areas, some need better training. I don't argue that point, but I do have to argue the point that the police are generally hateful, racist and want to kill or injure people.

Certainly police in general get a bad reputation from the few who do truly bad things. That said, in this case, it sounds like the officer did one of those bad things. A jury, after seeing video of the event, thought so.

I'm sure being a cop can be an extraordinarily difficult job at times. That doesn't excuse it when one does something wrong, particularly when that something wrong may have helped lead to someone's death.

Wait, so she died because she dropped her kids off at the police station so the cop decided to.....what?

Forum List

Back