🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jury finds teen who shot friend to be justified in killing

A shame. He should have knocked on the door.

You don't shoot people for tapping on a window.
Yes I do. You want my attention? Ring the door bell or knock on the door. If you knock on my window, I'll assume that you are trying to gain entry, ESPECIALLY if you wake me up in the middle of the night.
The 15 year old's motives are irrelevant in that they were as unknown as his identity to his friend.
Let's try to explain it in terms you might be able to grasp.
You are a customer at my bar that has been in a few times and I know you well enought to remember you drink Crown and Coke.
You know I am interested in edge weapons from casual conversation and have just bought a new sheath knife that you are rather proud of.
Picture yourself 6 feet away, walking towards me. You want me to see your new knife and without saying anything, you pull it out of its sheath.

Sorry guy. Your dead on the floor with 3 40 caliber bullets in your chest.

Your paranoia is showing, Growing up before the days of the cell phone, it was not unusual for my friends to knock my window instead of the door.
Just being considerate, they did not want to wake up the whole family. That is a lousy way to justify a murder.
I have no paranoia. I am prepared.
Sorry Dude
There is a difference between paranoia and prepared. Not identifying your target before pulling the trigger is paranoia
Sorry dude. A silhouette at my window at 3 AM is a target, soon to become a corpse, depending on how it acts in the next second.

Sorry I posted that, tried to delete it. It's between me and Logitech, every damn post ends up with the letter c embedded there, off topic.

It was an accident and the prosecutor should not even have brought it to trial. Why ruin the life of a 17-year-old?

"The girl's grandmother, Beatrice Padilla, told The Denver Post the girl was doing her homework in her bunk bed sometime after midnight Monday. The suspect cut through and removed a screen before opening an unlocked window, according to police.
"The man reached into the ground-floor window and grabbed the girl, pulling her out through the window, investigators said. "

8-Year-Old Nearly Kidnapped by Predator Through Bedroom Window Police Say - ABC News

For every one of those there are millions of kids going to another kids window. If someone is reaching in for your kid shoot them. Don't shoot at bumps in the night and shadows or you get the OP.

Here is another one:
HPD Father mistakes son for burglar shoots him

"The girl's grandmother, Beatrice Padilla, told The Denver Post the girl was doing her homework in her bunk bed sometime after midnight Monday. The suspect cut through and removed a screen before opening an unlocked window, according to police.
"The man reached into the ground-floor window and grabbed the girl, pulling her out through the window, investigators said. "

8-Year-Old Nearly Kidnapped by Predator Through Bedroom Window Police Say - ABC News

For every one of those there are millions of kids going to another kids window. If someone is reaching in for your kid shoot them. Don't shoot at bumps in the night and shadows or you get the OP.

Here is another one:
I won't wait for someone to touch my child or come across the threshold.

Here is another one:

You'd rather be stupid and possibly accidently shoot one of your children like has happened? Pretty dumb.

It's kinda weird in that I had buddies and chicks knocking on my window at 2:00 am when I was a youngster all the damn time.
The only way this makes sense is if it had never happened before and it freaked the guy out.

It's kinda weird in that I had buddies and chicks knocking on my window at 2:00 am when I was a youngster all the damn time.
The only way this makes sense is if it had never happened before and it freaked the guy out.

I too had people stopping by my window. I can't imagine why anyone at 17 would be so scared they would shoot first. That kid shouldn't have had a gun.

Here is a much longer article about it. There seems to be no reason he should have been that scared. Parents know they made a mistake letting him have a gun.
Seth Culver s parents beg for 17-year-old son to be spared jail after he killed friend Daily Mail Online

I too had people stopping by my window. I can't imagine why anyone at 17 would be so scared they would shoot first. That kid shouldn't have had a gun.

I have to think the shooter had never had someone knock on his window.
Thats the only valid explanation.

Oh...I had a shotgun and a rifle in my room at the age of nine.

Here is a much longer article about it. There seems to be no reason he should have been that scared. Parents know they made a mistake letting him have a gun.
Seth Culver s parents beg for 17-year-old son to be spared jail after he killed friend Daily Mail Online

Sounds like a tragic accident.
And in this case I have to blame the parents,they gave a 17 year old a gun,apparently his first.
Their mistake is not starting him on gun safety sooner.

People like us aren't afraid of anything. People like brain are terrified that someone might kill him while trying to protect themselves.

Which is pretty damned creepy.

You sound really scared to me. I'm so not scared I go outside without a gun.

I doubt you go outside without your mommy

All the time. I doubt you go outside without being armed. Need that gun courage to tackle the big bad world.
I rarely do. As I type, I am sitting up in bed. My weapon is on my night stand, 24 inches from my right hand. As soon as I get dressed and head to my place of business, I will strap the gun to my waist and cover it with my shirt tail. At closing time, I will tuck in my shirt.
I'm in a fairly dangerous business. It is prudent to be armed.

I actually agree with you on that. In your business I would do the same.

But shoot at shadows? I'm not that scared.
For a moment I was toying with the idea you were Jehovah Witness. This post clears up that question.

Guns and stupid don't mix. We had yet another whackjob with a gun try to shoot up a theater in Tennessee. Why do we let this insanity continue?
Because people obey that stupid no guns sign and shooters, who are almost always cowards, see it as assurance there won't be any resistance. The reason this continues is none of them ever tried to shoot up a cinema on the day I go to see a movie. I ignore the no guns sign. It doesn't have the force of law.

Here is another one:

You'd rather be stupid and possibly accidently shoot one of your children like has happened? Pretty dumb.
I would never accidentally shoot anyone. Which is why I'll shoot before the cretin gets anywhere near my child.

Forum List

Back