🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jury finds teen who shot friend to be justified in killing

You mean the 15 year old friend outside.
Can you reliably ascertain the age of a silhouette?

If the silhouette intends to kill you and you are visible from window you'll be dead. They won't make a noise to warn you.

If the silhouette intends to kill you and you are visible from window you'll be dead. They won't make a noise to warn you.

Lol.

You really are an idiot.

You are an idiot if you think the guy will make noise and warn you before shooting.

"Police with search dogs on Friday arrested a Utah man accused of trying to abduct a sleeping 5-year-old girl from her bed in the dead of night in a kidnapping foiled only because the child's stepfather awakened to the sound of the front door opening.
"Police said the suspected kidnapper entered the home in Sandy, Utah, early on Friday through an unlocked side or rear door, took the girl from a downstairs bedroom, and was leaving the house when the parents woke up. He gave up the girl and fled when challenged."

"The incident evoked painful memories of the Elizabeth Smart case, in which a 14-year-old girl was kidnapped from her bed at knifepoint in Salt Lake City in 2002."

5-year-old Utah girl abducted from her bedroom stepfather confronts accused kidnapper - Chicago Tribune

I have been through the ringer here. Bad people at my back door banging away. I don't own a gun, never will. Then (here is the kicker here), I have had policemen banging on my door at 3 am in my bedclothes in the middle of the winter and with a search warrant push me down onto snow and search my home and to find they had the wrong goddamn address. IF I had a gun and was as paranoid as some of you, I wouldn't be here and neither would a couple of Denver's finest. Wow.
We aren't retarded, we don't shoot at cops. And cops don't tap at bedroom windows in the dark.
I had a cop banging on my door at 3 AM back 40 years ago. He almost got shot. He finally left my door when I identified myself. The asshole had hit me head on about a year earlier in his cruiser while drunk. He was drunk again this night. He hit a pole out front and wanted to use my phone. I called it in myself and watched as he emptied beer bottles from the car and put them in my garbage cans. Let's just say he is no longer a police officer.

Last edited:

Lol.

You really are an idiot.

You are an idiot if you think the guy will make noise and warn you before shooting.
"Girl, 3, 'kidnapped' by a stranger through her bedroom window but is miraculously saved when her father and uncle chase abductor down and tackle him
  • Hooded man 'leaned through window and told girl to come toward him'
  • He then fled with her down street in Santa Clarita, California, police said
  • However, the girl's father and uncle heard a commotion and gave chase
  • They 'caught up with suspect, tackled him to ground and got child back'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2903401/Girl-three-kidnapped-stranger-bedroom-window-miraculously-saved-father-uncle-chase-abductor-street-tackle-him.html#ixzz3i4h37pyd

I have been through the ringer here. Bad people at my back door banging away. I don't own a gun, never will. Then (here is the kicker here), I have had policemen banging on my door at 3 am in my bedclothes in the middle of the winter and with a search warrant push me down onto snow and search my home and to find they had the wrong goddamn address. IF I had a gun and was as paranoid as some of you, I wouldn't be here and neither would a couple of Denver's finest. Wow.
We aren't retarded, we don't shoot at cops. And cops don't tap at bedroom windows in the dark.
I had a cop banging on my door at 3 AM back 40 years age. He almost got shot. He finally left my door when I identified myself. The asshole had hit me had on about a year earlier in his cruiser while drunk. He was drunk again this night. He hit a pole out front and wanted to use my phone. I called it in myself and watched as he emptied beer bottles from the car and put them in my garbage cans. Let's just say he is no longer a police officer.
I had an idiot cop sneak up to my house after an insane neighbor called to report my dogs barking (they weren't, we were all in bed including the dogs... it was another neighbor's dogs). This cop parked his car up the block, sneaked up to my house on foot with a flash light, shined his flashlight into the living room where my 9 year old daughter and her 8 year old friend were sleeping.

They came screaming into my bedroom. My response...."It's probably a cop" lololol.

And it was. About the time I hit the living room and he was knocking and apologizing lol.

He knew what he did was stupid.

You think it's a remote possibility that the silent man outside a kid's room at 3 am means harm?

What universe do you live in?

You mean the 15 year old friend outside.

ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION!

Lol.

You really are an idiot.

When did I say that?

A shame. He should have knocked on the door.

You don't shoot people for tapping on a window.
Yes I do. You want my attention? Ring the door bell or knock on the door. If you knock on my window, I'll assume that you are trying to gain entry, ESPECIALLY if you wake me up in the middle of the night.
The 15 year old's motives are irrelevant in that they were as unknown as his identity to his friend.
Let's try to explain it in terms you might be able to grasp.
You are a customer at my bar that has been in a few times and I know you well enought to remember you drink Crown and Coke.
You know I am interested in edge weapons from casual conversation and have just bought a new sheath knife that you are rather proud of.
Picture yourself 6 feet away, walking towards me. You want me to see your new knife and without saying anything, you pull it out of its sheath.

Sorry guy. Your dead on the floor with 3 40 caliber bullets in your chest.

Your paranoia is showing, Growing up before the days of the cell phone, it was not unusual for my friends to knock my window instead of the door.
Just being considerate, they did not want to wake up the whole family. That is a lousy way to justify a murder.

Yes I do. You want my attention? Ring the door bell or knock on the door. If you knock on my window, I'll assume that you are trying to gain entry, ESPECIALLY if you wake me up in the middle of the night.
The 15 year old's motives are irrelevant in that they were as unknown as his identity to his friend.
You are a customer at my bar that has been in a few times and I know you well enought to remember you drink Crown and Coke.
You know I am interested in edge weapons from casual conversation and have just bought a new sheath knife that you are rather proud of.
Picture yourself 6 feet away, walking towards me. You want me to see your new knife and without saying anything, you pull it out of its sheath.

Your paranoia is showing, Growing up before the days of the cell phone, it was not unusual for my friends to knock my window instead of the door.
Just being considerate, they did not want to wake up the whole family. That is a lousy way to justify a murder.

At three in the morning? When you weren't expecting it?

I doubt it.

My daughter's friend from across the street goes to her window, too. I have yet to shoot her, because I'm not a retard like Brain and you.

My friends all knew that knocking on my window at 3 AM would get them shot.
Hell we didn't even call after 8 or 9 pm out of courtesy

I have no paranoia. I am prepared.

I had a cop banging on my door at 3 AM back 40 years age. He almost got shot. He finally left my door when I identified myself. The asshole had hit me had on about a year earlier in his cruiser while drunk. He was drunk again this night. He hit a pole out front and wanted to use my phone. I called it in myself and watched as he emptied beer bottles from the car and put them in my garbage cans. Let's just say he is no longer a police officer.
I had an idiot cop sneak up to my house after an insane neighbor called to report my dogs barking (they weren't, we were all in bed including the dogs... it was another neighbor's dogs). This cop parked his car up the block, sneaked up to my house on foot with a flash light, shined his flashlight into the living room where my 9 year old daughter and her 8 year old friend were sleeping.

They came screaming into my bedroom. My response...."It's probably a cop" lololol.

And it was. About the time I hit the living room and he was knocking and apologizing lol.

I love the police. They have a hard job and are hobbled by a lot of rules.I am not knocking them in a million years. But this love of guns is getting out of control. I don't get it.

I doubt it.

My daughter's friend from across the street goes to her window, too. I have yet to shoot her, because I'm not a retard like Brain and you.
Now where did I say I could justify that shooting. I believe I said "That is a lousy way to justify a murder."
BTW Someone knocking on my window late at night or early in the morning was not that uncommon for various reasons.

I love the police. They have a hard job and are hobbled by a lot of rules.I am not knocking them in a million years. But this love of guns is getting out of control. I don't get it.

I'm fine with police. I don't deify them, though. And I recognize that they can't get there in time to save you when somebody's trying to kill you.

Sorry Dude
There is a difference between paranoia and prepared. Not identifying your target before pulling the trigger is paranoia

I doubt it.

Now where did I say I could justify that shooting. I believe I said "That is a lousy way to justify a murder."
BTW Someone knocking on my window late at night or early in the morning was not that uncommon for various reasons.

Then don't shoot.

Presumably, it was an uncommon occurrence for the kid that was found blameless. If somebody tapped my window at 3 in the morning, not only would my dogs go apeshit, but I would be excessively spooked and it's quite possible I would shoot them.

Sorry Dude
There is a difference between paranoia and prepared. Not identifying your target before pulling the trigger is paranoia
I'm not always going to get a positive ID on the person lurking outside my window in the dark, or attempting to come into my house without identifying himself. Sorry. I'm not paranoid but I have a healthy self preservation gene.

c

I'm fine with police. I don't deify them, though. And I recognize that they can't get there in time to save you when somebody's trying to kill you.
Ditto. You protect yourself and loved ones as best you can. Me? I will get along without a firearm.I have gotten this far, 60 years ain't too bad.

c

Ditto. You protect yourself and loved ones as best you can. Me? I will get along without a firearm.I have gotten this far, 60 years ain't too bad.
I don't have any now, except a pellet gun. But I have dogs, and they are vocal and scary. I'm good. But I have no problem with people shooting creepy people who sneak up to their windows late at night.

Forum List

Back