🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jury finds teen who shot friend to be justified in killing

Guns and stupid don't mix. We had yet another whackjob with a gun try to shoot up a theater in Tennessee. Why do we let this insanity continue?
Because you loons won't let us lock up the crazy people.

Incidentally, it's not stupid to shoot a person lurking outside your window at 3 am.

Rapes Burglaries May Be Work of 1 Man - latimes

5-year-old Utah girl abducted from her bedroom stepfather confronts accused kidnapper - Chicago Tribune

Elizabeth Smart kidnapping - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Guns and stupid don't mix. We had yet another whackjob with a gun try to shoot up a theater in Tennessee. Why do we let this insanity continue?

Incidentally, it's not stupid to shoot a person lurking outside your window at 3 am.

5-year-old Utah girl abducted from her bedroom stepfather confronts accused kidnapper - Chicago Tribune

My last post about the Tennessee shooting was way off topic. I am seeing something scary here on this thread: I also remember A young black woman that was shot dead by a white man through his front door, over-reacting in Michigan, so were do you go with THAT information? Renishia McBride was her name.
It's not overreacting to shoot someone outside your window at 3 am.

My last post about the Tennessee shooting was way off topic. I am seeing something scary here on this thread: I also remember A young black woman that was shot dead by a white man through his front door, over-reacting in Michigan, so were do you go with THAT information? Renishia McBride was her name.
It's not overreacting to shoot someone outside your window at 3 am.
Shoot first, ask questions later? Kill em' all and let God sort it out? Is that the reasoning here? I have HAD people bang at my back door at 3 am, I didn't open it, but I didn't kill em' either. YOU?

I rarely do. As I type, I am sitting up in bed. My weapon is on my night stand, 24 inches from my right hand. As soon as I get dressed and head to my place of business, I will strap the gun to my waist and cover it with my shirt tail. At closing time, I will tuck in my shirt.
I'm in a fairly dangerous business. It is prudent to be armed.

I actually agree with you on that. In your business I would do the same.

But shoot at shadows? I'm not that scared.
I have not used the word "shadow" or "scared", for that matter. I will aim at a silhouette that I identify as a person.
I would likely not fire if I was confident that the person was not armed, but the moment I see what I interpret as a weapon or the silhouette reaching for a weapon, I'm ending the threat post haste.

Now you are starting to talk sense. Would you just be standing in the open?
That depends. Given time, I might seek cover, but if I felt I had to react quickly, I'd likely shoot from my bed.

If they tap first will they ever see you? Would you shoot after a tap and someone peeks in? Do you have neighbor kids?
No kids for a half mile. A neighbor 300 yards away that is a meth head and on bond for an attempted murder charge. I know people who are tweakers that will do anything for meth and they know I have lots of possessions they could sell.
Hell one guy who used to be a customer stole a truck last night. I told the cops where to find him and id he bonds out, he'll likely be pissed off enough to "tap" on my window some night, perhaps while I'm at the bar. I worry about that a bit. My wife doesn't have nearly the training I have and only has 5 rounds in her revolver.

You're losing this one too, brainless. Perhaps you should take the afternoon off and spend it learning the difference between your and you're.

Losing? I think the people so cowardly to shoot at bumps in the night are clearly losing.
You keep using words like shadows and bumps in the night. I am not afraid of shadows or noises. I am vigilant and prepared and trained. I have never fired a weapon at an unidentified shadow and I've been shooting for 60 years.

You were saying you would. You are slowly changing your tune a little.
Not at all. I am resolute. I will shoot at a silhouette I rationally perceive as a threat.

Can you reliably ascertain the age of a silhouette?

Rationally? Why would anyone outside be looking to shoot you? You involved in criminal activity?
At 3 AM, I assume anyone at my window is up to no good.

And 9 times out of 10, you'd be safe. 1 time out of 10, you'd die. You may be willing to take the odds, I'm not.
The pistol is never very far from me. If I'm in bed, it is in or on my night stand. If I'm dressed, it goes in my waist band right after my wallet goes in my pocket. There is ALWAYS a round in the chamber. Occasionally, there is another magazine on my belt as well.

I think if he's on a ladder outside my window I'll have no trouble identifying if he's a threat before he ever sees me.

Of course you would. :bang3:

are you going to keep babbling nonsense?:50:

I'm sorry but if you are inside and he's outside on a ladder you have every advantage. Don't be so cowardly.

Says the guy who's terrified that he might get killed by someone protecting himself.

Says someone who is so trigger happy you are ready to kill a child for tapping on a window.

Losing? I think the people so cowardly to shoot at bumps in the night are clearly losing.
You keep using words like shadows and bumps in the night. I am not afraid of shadows or noises. I am vigilant and prepared and trained. I have never fired a weapon at an unidentified shadow and I've been shooting for 60 years.

Not at all. I am resolute. I will shoot at a silhouette I rationally perceive as a threat.

Rationally? Why would anyone outside be looking to shoot you? You involved in criminal activity?

This kid did that. See how it works out?

"The people coming to kill you..."

In what scenario can we imagine that people will be coming to kill us? It is so remote a possibility that being constantly prepared for it is the definition of paranoia.

You think it's a remote possibility that the silent man outside a kid's room at 3 am means harm?

What universe do you live in?

You mean the 15 year old friend outside.

In what scenario can we imagine that people will be coming to kill us? It is so remote a possibility that being constantly prepared for it is the definition of paranoia.

You think it's a remote possibility that the silent man outside a kid's room at 3 am means harm?

I don't care who it is.

I don't care who it is.

Idiot

I don't care who it is.

Idiot
Psst...don't approach windows late at night. Don't stand in the bushes outside of windows at night. Don't tap on windows or walls late at night. Or you might get shot.

I don't care who it is.

Idiot
Psst...don't approach windows late at night. Don't stand in the bushes outside of windows at night. Don't tap on windows or walls late at night. Or you might get shot.

Yes you might shoot your friend. No winners.

If the silhouette intends to kill you and you are visible from window you'll be dead. They won't make a noise to warn you.

You're losing this one too, brainless. Perhaps you should take the afternoon off and spend it learning the difference between your and you're.

No, asshole I own a bar. Probably 15% of the people that go to bars are involved in something criminal. I've probably had 4,000 different customers in the last year. That's 600 criminals and there are at least 5 of them I can name that are pissed off at me for one reason or another. 3 of them are under indictment due to my actions.
Felony hit and run/vehicular homicide for 1. Public intox and resisting arrest. (I had to pull my weapon on that one) and now, auto theft.

I have been through the ringer here. Bad people at my back door banging away. I don't own a gun, never will. Then (here is the kicker here), I have had policemen banging on my door at 3 am in my bedclothes in the middle of the winter and with a search warrant push me down onto snow and search my home and to find they had the wrong goddamn address. IF I had a gun and was as paranoid as some of you, I wouldn't be here and neither would a couple of Denver's finest. Wow.

If the silhouette intends to kill you and you are visible from window you'll be dead. They won't make a noise to warn you.

I don't care who it is.

Idiot

Yes you might shoot your friend. No winners.
My friends know better.

I have been through the ringer here. Bad people at my back door banging away. I don't own a gun, never will. Then (here is the kicker here), I have had policemen banging on my door at 3 am in my bedclothes in the middle of the winter and with a search warrant push me down onto snow and search my home and to find they had the wrong goddamn address. IF I had a gun and was as paranoid as some of you, I wouldn't be here and neither would a couple of Denver's finest. Wow.
We aren't retarded, we don't shoot at cops. And cops don't tap at bedroom windows in the dark.

This kid did that. See how it works out?
Yes VERY badly for the idiot at the window. Don't make noise at my window at 3AM.

Lol.

You really are an idiot.

No, asshole I own a bar. Probably 15% of the people that go to bars are involved in something criminal. I've probably had 4,000 different customers in the last year. That's 600 criminals and there are at least 5 of them I can name that are pissed off at me for one reason or another. 3 of them are under indictment due to my actions.
Felony hit and run/vehicular homicide for 1. Public intox and resisting arrest. (I had to pull my weapon on that one) and now, auto theft.

I spent 10 years helping warehouse totally innocent citizens that the courts found guilty of a variety of charges.

Quite a few of them were less than happy with the accommodations, and less than of fond of me supervising their activities while under my care.

Forum List

Back