🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jury finds teen who shot friend to be justified in killing

The man has no idea of the neighborhoods we live in, the people in the area, or why people may want to come to our bedroom windows in the middle of the night.

He merely has a blanket statement that his way is best.

hard not to laugh at him.

(Actually, it isn't)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

All the time. I doubt you go outside without being armed. Need that gun courage to tackle the big bad world.
I rarely do. As I type, I am sitting up in bed. My weapon is on my night stand, 24 inches from my right hand. As soon as I get dressed and head to my place of business, I will strap the gun to my waist and cover it with my shirt tail. At closing time, I will tuck in my shirt.
I'm in a fairly dangerous business. It is prudent to be armed.

I actually agree with you on that. In your business I would do the same.

But shoot at shadows? I'm not that scared.
I have not used the word "shadow" or "scared", for that matter. I will aim at a silhouette that I identify as a person.
I would likely not fire if I was confident that the person was not armed, but the moment I see what I interpret as a weapon or the silhouette reaching for a weapon, I'm ending the threat post haste.

Now you are starting to talk sense. Would you just be standing in the open?
That depends. Given time, I might seek cover, but if I felt I had to react quickly, I'd likely shoot from my bed.

If they tap first will they ever see you? Would you shoot after a tap and someone peeks in? Do you have neighbor kids?

The man has no idea of the neighborhoods we live in, the people in the area, or why people may want to come to our bedroom windows in the middle of the night.

(Actually, it isn't)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
The OP says your way is really stupid. I am laughing at you.

Guns and stupid don't mix. We had yet another whackjob with a gun try to shoot up a theater in Tennessee. Why do we let this insanity continue?

I was taught by both my parents at a very young age...you don't approach people's space..their home, their cars, their camps....without announcing yourself if they aren't expecting you. That means you either go to the door and ring the doorbell, or you call out and let people know you're walking up.

I have no fear of being shot by a vigilant property owner or a scared kid. Because I'm careful not to alarm them. I'm not interested in sneaking up on people, so it's a non-issue for me. I can only assume the people who are so alarmed by the idea of a person shooting a dark shadowy figure in their window at 3 am have been the dark shadowy figure outside somebody's window at 3 am.

My advice...stop that.

Kids do dumb things. Adults shouldn't be so scared.

(Actually, it isn't)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

No, the shooter in the OP is alive.

His stupid friend is not.

Verification
Verification can get you dead.

You verify,

I'll survive

Sure it will. No reason to be that scared. If your even slightly smart the person at the window would not even see you.

brain (?), all but 3 windows in my house are on the 2nd floor.

if someone is at my window, they're standing on a ladder.

You want to give someone a chance to get in, that's your choice.

As a former Corrections Officer, I don't take those chances.

So you are so dumb and scared that someone on a ladder outside your window is going to kill you? Seriously?

are you so stupid as to believe they are on that ladder delivering a package?

there's a reason I put the (?) behind your name, brain...

can you figure it out?

(I'm betting the answer is no)

I don't know but if somebody was dumb enough to do that I wouldn't be scared.
And 9 times out of 10, you'd be safe. 1 time out of 10, you'd die. You may be willing to take the odds, I'm not.
The pistol is never very far from me. If I'm in bed, it is in or on my night stand. If I'm dressed, it goes in my waist band right after my wallet goes in my pocket. There is ALWAYS a round in the chamber. Occasionally, there is another magazine on my belt as well.

Guns and stupid don't mix. We had yet another whackjob with a gun try to shoot up a theater in Tennessee. Why do we let this insanity continue?
Because you loons won't let us lock up the crazy people.

Incidentally, it's not stupid to shoot a person lurking outside your window at 3 am.

Rapes Burglaries May Be Work of 1 Man - latimes

5-year-old Utah girl abducted from her bedroom stepfather confronts accused kidnapper - Chicago Tribune

Elizabeth Smart kidnapping - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

(Actually, it isn't)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

So who is the winner? Can't feel good to kill a friend.

I was taught by both my parents at a very young age...you don't approach people's space..their home, their cars, their camps....without announcing yourself if they aren't expecting you. That means you either go to the door and ring the doorbell, or you call out and let people know you're walking up.

I have no fear of being shot by a vigilant property owner or a scared kid. Because I'm careful not to alarm them. I'm not interested in sneaking up on people, so it's a non-issue for me. I can only assume the people who are so alarmed by the idea of a person shooting a dark shadowy figure in their window at 3 am have been the dark shadowy figure outside somebody's window at 3 am.

My advice...stop that.

Yes kids do dumb things. Can you reliably ascertain the age of a silhouette?

Sure it will. No reason to be that scared. If your even slightly smart the person at the window would not even see you.

So you are so dumb and scared that someone on a ladder outside your window is going to kill you? Seriously?

can you figure it out?

And 9 times out of 10, you'd be safe. 1 time out of 10, you'd die. You may be willing to take the odds, I'm not.
The pistol is never very far from me. If I'm in bed, it is in or on my night stand. If I'm dressed, it goes in my waist band right after my wallet goes in my pocket. There is ALWAYS a round in the chamber. Occasionally, there is another magazine on my belt as well.

I think if he's on a ladder outside my window I'll have no trouble identifying if he's a threat before he ever sees me.

(Actually, it isn't)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Probably not.

feel even worse if it had been someone other than his friend.

and he didn't protect himself.

My advice...stop that.

I can safely say I will see the silhouette but it won't see me.

(Actually, it isn't)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Probably not.

feel even worse if it had been someone other than his friend.

and he didn't protect himself.

So no winner then.

He was armed. I think he could have easily taken cover and determined if it was a threat rather than shoot at noises.

(Actually, it isn't)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

No winner in any shooting. No one is happy that a 15 year old kid is dead. He did a tragically dumb thing and paid the ultimate price for it.
There is nothing I can do for him now. I'll extend my sympathy to his parents and especially to the 18 year old that reacted appropriately to a perceived threat and took the life of a friend.

My advice...stop that.

I can safely say I will see the silhouette but it won't see me.
Can you reliably ascertain the age of a silhouette?

can you figure it out?

I think if he's on a ladder outside my window I'll have no trouble identifying if he's a threat before he ever sees me.

Of course you would. :bang3:

are you going to keep babbling nonsense?:50:

(Actually, it isn't)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

No winner in any shooting. No one is happy that a 15 year old kid is dead. He did a tragically dumb thing and paid the ultimate price for it.
There is nothing I can do for him now. I'll extend my sympathy to his parents and especially to the 18 year old that reacted appropriately to a perceived threat and took the life of a friend.

He didn't act appropriately. Shooting cause someone tapped on your window is stupid. That's why we have no winners.

can you figure it out?

Lol..you're an idiot.

The guys walking up my driveway saw me, and I was in a dark window behind a curtain. Typically, the people coming to kill you know you're there.

can you figure it out?

Of course you would. :bang3:

are you going to keep babbling nonsense?:50:

I'm sorry but if you are inside and he's outside on a ladder you have every advantage. Don't be so cowardly.

Forum List

Back