🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jury finds teen who shot friend to be justified in killing

People like us aren't afraid of anything. People like brain are terrified that someone might kill him while trying to protect themselves.

Which is pretty damned creepy.

You sound really scared to me. I'm so not scared I go outside without a gun.

I doubt you go outside without your mommy

All the time. I doubt you go outside without being armed. Need that gun courage to tackle the big bad world.
I rarely do. As I type, I am sitting up in bed. My weapon is on my night stand, 24 inches from my right hand. As soon as I get dressed and head to my place of business, I will strap the gun to my waist and cover it with my shirt tail. At closing time, I will tuck in my shirt.
I'm in a fairly dangerous business. It is prudent to be armed.

People like us aren't afraid of anything. People like brain are terrified that someone might kill him while trying to protect themselves.

All the time. I doubt you go outside without being armed. Need that gun courage to tackle the big bad world.
I rarely do. As I type, I am sitting up in bed. My weapon is on my night stand, 24 inches from my right hand. As soon as I get dressed and head to my place of business, I will strap the gun to my waist and cover it with my shirt tail. At closing time, I will tuck in my shirt.

I actually agree with you on that. In your business I would do the same.

But shoot at shadows? I'm not that scared.

Verification

You leave the house without your mommy?

You must be SO proud of yourself

only time I leave the house with a gun is when I'm going to the range.

Then why are you so cowardly your shooting at shadows and bumps in the night?

Verification can get you dead.

You verify,

I'll survive

You're losing this one too, brainless. Perhaps you should take the afternoon off and spend it learning the difference between your and you're.

Verification

You verify,

I'll survive

Sure it will. No reason to be that scared. If your even slightly smart the person at the window would not even see you.

You're losing this one too, brainless. Perhaps you should take the afternoon off and spend it learning the difference between your and you're.

Losing? I think the people so cowardly to shoot at bumps in the night are clearly losing.

There has got to be some lack of rationality in considering this less than a criminal act. 'Tapping' on a window is not illegal, and certainly cannot, of itself, be considered threatening. Anyone so trigger happy that he/she would simply, immediately resort to ultimate force in such a case is unqualified to be trusted with a firearm.

A shame. He should have knocked on the door.
Love that reply. Yeah, shoot anyone that doesn't use the front door. Besides, the front door is way more protection than a thin glass window. Got it.

Verification

You verify,

I'll survive

Sure it will. No reason to be that scared. If your even slightly smart the person at the window would not even see you.

brain (?), all but 3 windows in my house are on the 2nd floor.

if someone is at my window, they're standing on a ladder.

You want to give someone a chance to get in, that's your choice.

As a former Corrections Officer, I don't take those chances.

Losing? I think the people so cowardly to shoot at bumps in the night are clearly losing.
Not the continuous tense, the simple past; they have already lost it.

I have not used the word "shadow" or "scared", for that matter. I will aim at a silhouette that I identify as a person.
I would likely not fire if I was confident that the person was not armed, but the moment I see what I interpret as a weapon or the silhouette reaching for a weapon, I'm ending the threat post haste.

Verification

You verify,

I'll survive

So you are so dumb and scared that someone on a ladder outside your window is going to kill you? Seriously?

I have not used the word "shadow" or "scared", for that matter. I will aim at a silhouette that I identify as a person.
I would likely not fire if I was confident that the person was not armed, but the moment I see what I interpret as a weapon or the silhouette reaching for a weapon, I'm ending the threat post haste.

Now you are starting to talk sense. Would you just be standing in the open?

Verification

You verify,

I'll survive

So you are so dumb and scared that someone on a ladder outside your window is going to kill you? Seriously?

are you so stupid as to believe they are on that ladder delivering a package?

there's a reason I put the (?) behind your name, brain...

can you figure it out?

(I'm betting the answer is no)

You keep using words like shadows and bumps in the night. I am not afraid of shadows or noises. I am vigilant and prepared and trained. I have never fired a weapon at an unidentified shadow and I've been shooting for 60 years.

What the terrified idiots who are scared of being shot when they sneak up to kids' bedroom windows at night need to know....

There are a lot of people who will shoot you for sneaking up to their window at night. Best not to do it.

Verification

You verify,

I'll survive

are you so stupid as to believe they are on that ladder delivering a package?

there's a reason I put the (?) behind your name, brain...

can you figure it out?

(I'm betting the answer is no)

I don't know but if somebody was dumb enough to do that I wouldn't be scared.

Now you are starting to talk sense. Would you just be standing in the open?
That depends. Given time, I might seek cover, but if I felt I had to react quickly, I'd likely shoot from my bed.

You keep using words like shadows and bumps in the night. I am not afraid of shadows or noises. I am vigilant and prepared and trained. I have never fired a weapon at an unidentified shadow and I've been shooting for 60 years.

You were saying you would. You are slowly changing your tune a little.

I was taught by both my parents at a very young age...you don't approach people's space..their home, their cars, their camps....without announcing yourself if they aren't expecting you. That means you either go to the door and ring the doorbell, or you call out and let people know you're walking up.

I have no fear of being shot by a vigilant property owner or a scared kid. Because I'm careful not to alarm them. I'm not interested in sneaking up on people, so it's a non-issue for me. I can only assume the people who are so alarmed by the idea of a person shooting a dark shadowy figure in their window at 3 am have been the dark shadowy figure outside somebody's window at 3 am.

My advice...stop that.

Forum List

Back