🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Jury finds teen who shot friend to be justified in killing

A shame. He should have knocked on the door.

You don't shoot people for tapping on a window.
Yes I do. You want my attention? Ring the door bell or knock on the door. If you knock on my window, I'll assume that you are trying to gain entry, ESPECIALLY if you wake me up in the middle of the night.
The 15 year old's motives are irrelevant in that they were as unknown as his identity to his friend.
Let's try to explain it in terms you might be able to grasp.
You are a customer at my bar that has been in a few times and I know you well enought to remember you drink Crown and Coke.
You know I am interested in edge weapons from casual conversation and have just bought a new sheath knife that you are rather proud of.
Picture yourself 6 feet away, walking towards me. You want me to see your new knife and without saying anything, you pull it out of its sheath.

Sorry guy. Your dead on the floor with 3 40 caliber bullets in your chest.

You are such a scared little man. Nobody should think it is ok to wildly shoot out a window just because you heard a noise. Anyone could have been out there.
Not scared at all. I do not shoot wildly at noises. I shoot at targets. A nameless, faceless silhouette and my bedroom window at 3 AM is a target. I will hit it, guaranteed.

And you might make the same mistake this kid did. What a turd you are. Paranoid and scared. Seek help.
I might... I also might have saved my family for an intruder.

Not paranoid, asshat. I'm prepared to protect my family from harm. I'm a man, not an impotent little wimp.

Yes I do. You want my attention? Ring the door bell or knock on the door. If you knock on my window, I'll assume that you are trying to gain entry, ESPECIALLY if you wake me up in the middle of the night.
The 15 year old's motives are irrelevant in that they were as unknown as his identity to his friend.
You are a customer at my bar that has been in a few times and I know you well enought to remember you drink Crown and Coke.
You know I am interested in edge weapons from casual conversation and have just bought a new sheath knife that you are rather proud of.
Picture yourself 6 feet away, walking towards me. You want me to see your new knife and without saying anything, you pull it out of its sheath.

You are such a scared little man. Nobody should think it is ok to wildly shoot out a window just because you heard a noise. Anyone could have been out there.
Not scared at all. I do not shoot wildly at noises. I shoot at targets. A nameless, faceless silhouette and my bedroom window at 3 AM is a target. I will hit it, guaranteed.

And you might make the same mistake this kid did. What a turd you are. Paranoid and scared. Seek help.
Don't go tapping on my window in the middle of the night and you got nothing to fear.

You are so stupidly paranoid and scared too? Seriously?
Tap on my window and find out

:banana2:
Tragic, but not criminal. He's going to live with it for the rest of his life and it will never sit well with him.

It should be criminal. You can't shoot somebody for tapping on a window.
I can and will. Want my address?

What kind of moron hears about a terrible tragedy and rather than learn from it says he'd do the same thing?
Tell you what. Just ask in a PM for my address and come to my place to discuss it at 3AM. No need to knock. Just walk on in or tap on the window.

Agreed. It's a tragedy and I have learned from it.l My weapon is now on top of my night stand rather than in the drawer.

Not paranoid, asshat. I'm prepared to protect my family from harm. I'm a man, not an impotent little wimp.

Sorry but men aren't paranoid and scared. They don't shoot at bumps in the night. You are really kidding yourself.

A shame. He should have knocked on the door.

Me too. I remember when I was young, about 17 years old. We lived in a very, very rural area along the John Day River. Our house was set back off the road, so you had to go through our gate and up a long driveway to get to our house. We had an enclosed porch.

My brother had a friend who lived even further back, about 10 miles further, and his friends and he used to walk back and forth between their house and ours, across BLM land. I had a 30/30 in my room, my brother also had guns in his room, and I don't remember what was downstairs.

My brother and his friends came walking up one night after dark, and (according to my brother) one of them thought it would be funny to *scare* me by skulking around the house, rapping on windows, etc.

My brother told him that would be the quickest way to get killed lolol. They didn't do it, and it's a good thing, because I would have killed him. I didn't, and don't, screw around.

Another time, it was summer and I was alone, upstairs in my room. My window faced the road and the driveway. I saw a car I didn't recognize park to the left of our gate, and two men I didn't know get out of their car, come through the gate, and start walking up the driveway...cautiously.

I got my 30/30 and drew a bead on them. When they were directly below my window and I was moving my finger to the trigger, one looked up to my window and said "There's somebody here" and they immediately turned and ran to their car.

And it's good they did.

Tragic, but not criminal. He's going to live with it for the rest of his life and it will never sit well with him.

What kind of moron hears about a terrible tragedy and rather than learn from it says he'd do the same thing?
Tell you what. Just ask in a PM for my address and come to my place to discuss it at 3AM. No need to knock. Just walk on in or tap on the window.

Agreed. It's a tragedy and I have learned from it.l My weapon is now on top of my night stand rather than in the drawer.

All that gun courage. Such a scared little boy.

That's an awfully big risk to take on a maybe/might. Might be a child sneaking back into the house. Wouldn't you want to find out first?

Sorry but men aren't paranoid and scared. They don't shoot at bumps in the night. You are really kidding yourself.

Men kill people who threaten their property and their lives. If you are sneaking around at 3 am on a man's property, he's going to kill you because that's what men do. They protect what they love. You wouldn't know anything about that.

That an awfully big risk to take on a maybe/might. Might be a child sneaking back into the house. Wouldn't you want to find out first?

The person taking the risk is the idiot who approaches a dark night in the wee hours of the morning without calling out.

Sorry but men aren't paranoid and scared.

Who fed you that line of bull?

Men kill people who threaten their property and their lives. If you are sneaking around at 3 am on a man's property, he's going to kill you because that's what men do. They protect what they love. You wouldn't know anything about that.
See the OP for what happens when you are that stupid. Men don't shoot children.

You don't grasp the concept of being prepared, do you? I might be scared if someone knocked on my window at 3AM and I was unarmed. I am not, because I am not.

Men wait for there to actually be a threat. Scared boys shoot at noises in the night.

You don't grasp the concept of being prepared, do you? I might be scared if someone knocked on my window at 3AM and I was unarmed. I am not, because I am not.

Prepared to shoot window tappers? Seriously?

Men wait for there to actually be a threat. Scared boys shoot at noises in the night.

Men wait for there to actually be a threat.

A lot of them end up dead

Really? You so scared? What burglar taps the window to alert you before they break in?

Brain has never had to make an important decision, I suppose. I have. I have been wrong and I have been right; more often right.

I've never shot a child tapping at my window, no.

Prepared to shoot window tappers? Seriously?
Yup. Generally, rational people with benign intentions do not make noises at your bedroom windows at 3 AM. It is both logical and prudent that you assume that the noise has been made by a psychopath or a criminal.

Put a number on that. I'm curious just how scared you are.

Forum List

Back