Jussie Smollett charged with 16 felonies by grand jury

it is a privilege to be black in america under trump. it is the best time for blacks ever. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Why is Smollett being singled out? Why aren't these racist, Trump loving Nigerians being charged with anything?
They didn't do anything wrong.

You’re joking right? They helped him commit the crime and were compensated to do it.
No. The crime was making the false report. The Nigerians made no false report. They didn't even lie. They were up front from the very first.

From the very first? It took the police 47 hours to get the truth out of them.
You don't know that. You don't know what happened. All you know is what the police let you know.

Smollett indicted for 16 counts of faking a hate crime attack!

Well now......good news for a change! :eusa_clap: :thup:

That's good.

Smollett was not charged with a single count of faking a hate crime attack. He was charged with 16 counts of filling a false police report. Faking the assault was not a crime, but filing a false police report was. You can read the actual indictments at the link below.

https://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/documents/2019/030819-wls-smollett-indictment-doc.pdf

Why is Smollett being singled out? Why aren't these racist, Trump loving Nigerians being charged with anything?

You’re joking right? They helped him commit the crime and were compensated to do it.

TYPSYCATLOVER knows the law and so do I. The brothers did not commit a crime.

Faking the assault was not a criminal act, and no one involved could be charged, neither the Nigerian brothers nor Jussie Smollett. The reason Smollett got arrested was because he filed a false police report. There were 16 charged filed against Smollett but not even one was for staging the assault. Each and every count dealt with filing a false police report. You can read the actual indictments at the link below.

https://dig.abclocal.go.com/wls/documents/2019/030819-wls-smollett-indictment-doc.pdf

It's been all over the internet that the staged attack was not a crime, but you somehow think it was. I don't know where you got your information but I suggest you get a more reliable source. You said it was a crime, now prove it. Just quote the applicable statute. I have a JD (Juris Doctorate and I couldn't find anything, nor could other legal experts who commented on this case. The brothers were smart for telling the truth right away. That way they can't be charged with lying to the police.

CONCLUSION: The brothers were not arrested because they did not commit a crime. Smollett was arrested because he did commit a crime, filing a false police report. I do not understand why so many posters on the USMB cannot comprehend this simple fact.

You have the last word. If you still insist that the brothers should have been arrested, I will make no further attempts to change your mind. I did my best to set you straight and have no more time to give you.

He is a wonder to me--not in a good way. But to watch him lie, lie, lie to Roberts or whatever her name is during that GMA interview--how do you do that? What perversion is that, really? I can't stand him, to be honest--I hate dishonest and to use that for personal gain is beyond reprehensible. But to watch it play out is perversely fascinating.

He is a wonder to me--not in a good way. But to watch him lie, lie, lie to Roberts or whatever her name is during that GMA interview--how do you do that? What perversion is that, really? I can't stand him, to be honest--I hate dishonest and to use that for personal gain is beyond reprehensible. But to watch it play out is perversely fascinating.
I look at it as a real-life, real time sociological study. This guy looks at the political climate in this country and decides he can leverage it for personal gain, even though he's making a terrible national situation worse.

Obviously, he's not the only one. There are many people who make a freaking LIVING doing that. This is continues to decay until they're all called out, and by their own tribes.

I look at it as a real-life, real time sociological study. This guy looks at the political climate in this country and decides he can leverage it for personal gain, even though he's making a terrible national situation worse.

Obviously, he's not the only one. There are many people who make a freaking LIVING doing that. This is continues to decay until they're all called out, and by their own tribes.

Oh sure. But he lied monumentally to do it and, in the process, took a lot of chances. Narcissism, obviously, and probably a lot of other pathologies.

Oh sure. But he lied monumentally to do it and, in the process, took a lot of chances. Narcissism, obviously, and probably a lot of other pathologies.
I can only guess, but I'd think he just assumed he'd be able to whip a big ol' national firestorm, improve his career, and everything else would just get lost in the noise.

Just an ugly story.

I can only guess, but I'd think he just assumed he'd be able to whip a big ol' national firestorm, improve his career, and everything else would just get lost in the noise.

Just an ugly story.

The only possible "career move" left to him is to write a book and tell us what was in the corrupt weasely little mind of his. I hope no one buys it. I DO hope he finds redemption, but I don't want it to be in the form of "more fame".

Indeed he`s a grade A liar but he`s really not very good at it. I`m surprised that Roberts (?) was able to keep a straight face during that interview. That guy is supposed to be an actor?

No. The crime was making the false report. The Nigerians made no false report. They didn't even lie. They were up front from the very first.
he must be a troll of very stupid

The Nigerians didn't realize what they were doing was illegal. After all, they were paid by check and were out of the country by the time the Smollett hate crime story hit the newspapers.

He's mental

From the very first? It took the police 47 hours to get the truth out of them.
You don't know that. You don't know what happened. All you know is what the police let you know.

Here’s what I know- Smellet and his cronies stage this attack. Smellet reports the phony attack to cops. The story is all over the news. His cronies are obviously aware he has made the phony report. They do not come forward which makes them accessories of the crime and after the fact. They could be charged, they committed at least 2 crimes.

TYPSYCATLOVER knows the law and so do I. The brothers did not commit a crime.

Faking the assault was not a criminal act, and no one involved could be charged, neither the Nigerian brothers nor Jussie Smollett. The reason Smollett got arrested was because he filed a false police report. There were 16 charged filed against Smollett but not even one was for staging the assault. Each and every count dealt with filing a false police report. You can read the actual indictments at the link below.

It's been all over the internet that the staged attack was not a crime, but you somehow think it was. I don't know where you got your information but I suggest you get a more reliable source. You said it was a crime, now prove it. Just quote the applicable statute. I have a JD (Juris Doctorate and I couldn't find anything, nor could other legal experts who commented on this case. The brothers were smart for telling the truth right away. That way they can't be charged with lying to the police.

CONCLUSION: The brothers were not arrested because they did not commit a crime. Smollett was arrested because he did commit a crime, filing a false police report. I do not understand why so many posters on the USMB cannot comprehend this simple fact.

You have the last word. If you still insist that the brothers should have been arrested, I will make no further attempts to change your mind. I did my best to set you straight and have no more time to give you.

You don’t know shit. They had to know that Smellet made a false police report and they never came forward. They were accessories to the crime and after the fact, idiot.

BREAKING: Jussie Smollett Charged with 16 Felonies by Grand Jury - Big League Politics
Jussie Smollett, the “Empire” actor who was recently outed for allegedly committing a hate crime against himself, has been charged with 16 felonies by a Cook County, Illinois grand jury.

The liar deserved it but go after the others they only made a role model out of him because his bs was so sloppy they couldn't hide is bs good enough.

Other wise all the leftist loons would have kept his lie going.
This thread didn't age well: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-about-a-hate-crime-attack-his-attorney-says/

Forum List

Back