Just in: 6th Circuit Court upholds gay marriage bans in four states

Aha, so she should recuse herself because you think you know what her opinion will be, and don't like it.

That doesn't seem like a particularly good reason for recusal to me.
I dont think it's a mystery what her opinion will be. She will be automatically biased, which is good reason for recusal.

The same could be said about Scalia. Should he recuse himself because of his Catholic "automatic bias"?
No. Sotomaior is also Catholic and I dont know which way she will rule.
Again, has any gay judge ever ruled against gay marriage? For that matter, has any gay politician ever opposed gay marriage?

Larry Craig and Aaron Schock.
Larry Craig isnt gay.
Guess again.

I am sure He tells himself that when his hands go reaching under the stall wall.

Last edited:
“At this point, the decision conflicts directly with federal appeals courts in the Fourth, Seventh, Ninth and Tenth Circuits — precisely the kind of division of judgment that ordinarily will lead the Supreme Court to step in to resolve the split, especially on an issue of fundamental constitutional significance.”

Indeed.

However unwilling it may be to do so, there is now a compelling – and unavoidable – reason for the Court to hear the case.
You're right Jones, and if they don't hear it then you can bet your sweet bippy that God will eventually hear it. Wonder what His vote will be. :FIREdevil:

I dont think it's a mystery what her opinion will be. She will be automatically biased, which is good reason for recusal.

The same could be said about Scalia. Should he recuse himself because of his Catholic "automatic bias"?
Again, has any gay judge ever ruled against gay marriage? For that matter, has any gay politician ever opposed gay marriage?

Larry Craig isnt gay.
Guess again.

I am sure tells himself that when his hands go reaching under the stall wall.
HE's married.
He's also not a politician.
Next.

Larry Craig isnt gay.
Guess again.

I am sure tells himself that when his hands go reaching under the stall wall.
HE's married.
He's also not a politician.
Next.

So what? Jim McGreevey was also married despite banging dudes on the sly. Craig was a GOP politican and also opposed to gay marriage. These people in fact exist despite your efforts to claim otherwise.

Aaron Schock is still in Congress by the way.

Also comes to mind is Ed Schrock.

Shockingly this is nowhere on Yahoo's front page, even though previous decisions striking down state laws were heralded.
Good, maybe we'll have some common sense on this issue. States have traditionally set criteria for marriage and the Supreme Court has given wide latitude for them to do so. You want gay marriage? Vote for it.
Equality before the law isn't up for a vote, and never should have been.
I'll remind you that all citizens have equal rights of marriage. Any man who is not already married can marry a woman who is not married and not closely related to him. And vice versa.
Must you repeat the same old lie that justifies your homophobia? I gather that you must. So be it, you've lost long ago.

Forum List

Back