JUST IN - Car plowed through the Christmas parade in Waukesha, Wisconsin. Multiple people on the ground injured

One has a right to due process of the law and a presumption of innocence, and that prior convictions have no bearing on current charges.

This is what conservatives seem to not understand – or more likely, have contempt for.

I tend to agree with the conservatives on this one...and I think that if there were crimes within 6-18 months of the current charges; they should definitely come into play. How many arrests does it take to keep someone in jail? Every accused party should be treated as an individual however. If you assault someone for hitting your kid...that is different than an abusive husband for example. If the "assaulter" gets a DWI a few days later....that would be different than the wife beater getting a DWI. I'm not sure I'm making sense.

What is absurd is the cognitive dissonance that is practiced here daily by the cons. "He should have been in jail!!!!!" However, if Kyle had been held in jail and not free on bail...we would have never heard the end of it and being accused of homicide is just about as serious as it gets in terms of crime.

Because he’s presumed innocent of the current charges until convicted in a court of law.

Bail is afforded pending trial; innocent people are not imprisoned because we ‘believe’ they ‘might’ do something wrong.

Of course, this isn’t the case for far too many poor Americans who can’t afford bail, who are held in custody pending trial.

That these fundamental facts of American jurisprudence and Constitutional law must be explained to conservatives comes as no surprise.
Presumed innocent doesn’t mean he isn’t subject to being in jail awaiting trial. You leftists want every violent thug back out on the streets, even if he’s a lifelong criminal and likely to do it again.

This is all overcompensating for the fact that blacks are in jail disproportionate to their numbers, and thus awww…..let’s let every thug out!

Because he’s presumed innocent of the current charges until convicted in a court of law.

Bail is afforded pending trial; innocent people are not imprisoned because we ‘believe’ they ‘might’ do something wrong.

Of course, this isn’t the case for far too many poor Americans who can’t afford bail, who are held in custody pending trial.

That these fundamental facts of American jurisprudence and Constitutional law must be explained to conservatives comes as no surprise.

The small changes are all pretty much local. The DNC really is no different. They will say the right things but when it comes to doing it, not so much.

A really good example. Obama made a big to do about his justice department taking over the investigation on what happened to Eric Garner. What did they do? Absolutely nothing. They punted it to the Trump justice department.

Why did people feel they had to protest in front of Rahm Emmanuel's home? Why would the DNC pick the poster child for an unfair justice system as their VP choice?

Presumed innocent doesn’t mean he isn’t subject to being in jail awaiting trial. You leftists want every violent thug back out on the streets, even if he’s a lifelong criminal and likely to do it again.

This is all overcompensating for the fact that blacks are in jail disproportionate to their numbers, and thus awww…..let’s let every thug out!

I tend to agree with the conservatives on this one...and I think that if there were crimes within 6-18 months of the current charges; they should definitely come into play. How many arrests does it take to keep someone in jail? Every accused party should be treated as an individual however. If you assault someone for hitting your kid...that is different than an abusive husband for example. If the "assaulter" gets a DWI a few days later....that would be different than the wife beater getting a DWI. I'm not sure I'm making sense.

What is absurd is the cognitive dissonance that is practiced here daily by the cons. "He should have been in jail!!!!!" However, if Kyle had been held in jail and not free on bail...we would have never heard the end of it and being accused of homicide is just about as serious as it gets in terms of crime.
No comparison to Kyle and the thug who mowed down dozens of people, unprovoked, and killed five of them. That you attempt to draw a moral equivalency is what we have such a massive rise in crime - leftists Re excusing it because so much of it is done by blacks.

And you’re back to siding with the criminals. Awwww…..let’s not be too hard on the black man who has committed crime after crime since 1999.

You want to talk about a punishment disportionate to the crime? That would be Kyle, a teen who killed in self-defense, and was maligned, defamed, and put in jail with a $2 million bail. (Schroeder bailed him out.)

So a teen whitey with no criminal record is put in jail with a $2 million bail, and a lifelong criminal with a violent record is let out in the street without bail?

No comparison to Kyle and the thug who mowed down dozens of people, unprovoked, and killed five of them. That you attempt to draw a moral equivalency is what we have such a massive rise in crime - leftists Re excusing it because so much of it is done by blacks.

Well we either keep the people accused of violent crime in jail until their trial or we don't. What say you?

I'm clearly siding with the Constitution.

Do you want me to argue that $2 million for someone like him wasn't excessive? No, I will not do that.
You don’t think $2 million for the whitey - with no record - was excessive, and yet defend why the lifelong criminal black man out in the streets without bail (or maybe a token amount) is appropriate.

You don’t think $2 million for the whitey - with no record - was excessive, and yet defend why the lifelong criminal black man out in the streets without bail (or maybe a token amount) is appropriate.

Read slower.

Well we either keep the people accused of violent crime in jail until their trial or we don't. What say you?
We keep them in jail if their crimes are violent and obviously unprovoked. The SUV driver will be in jail….FINALLY….but he should have been in jail already for the open violent felony for abuse.

This siding with criminals by leftists has got to stop, or we will effective,y have no laws at all. Where I live, they let a rapist out of prison because they were worried he might catch COVID, so what did he do? He went straight from the prison to his victim’s house, and killed her. That very morning.

Time to stop worrying so much about criminals and thugs and more about their would-be victims.

I read it twice, and you wrote it wrong if you intended to mean you DO think the $2 million was excessive.

No I did not. You wanted me to argue it wasn't excessive. I said I would not do that.

How many arrests does it take to keep someone in jail?
An arrest isn’t a conviction; it’s only the start of due process – there are those who have many arrests but never incarcerated because they were found not guilty at trial.

Unfortunately, what we have in America is a de facto doctrine of a presumption of guilt:

“If you’re under investigation or under arrest, you must have done something wrong.”

“The police don’t investigate or arrest innocent people.”

Far too many Americans fail to understand the intent of the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Eighth Amendments; indeed, far too many have an unwarranted contempt for those Amendments, incorrectly perceiving them as being an impediment to law enforcement and a benefit to criminals who are allowed to ‘get off’ on a ‘technicality.’

We have more prisons and jails than any other country and more people locked up.........and they are still overcrowded. What do you suggest?

if Kyle had been held in jail and not free on bail...we would have never heard the end of it and being accused of homicide is just about as serious as it gets in terms of crime.
Which illustrates the hypocrisy of the right.

Rittenhouse was afforded bail pending the most serious of charges – the exact same process afforded the SUV driver conservatives now denounce and oppose.

Probably have to watch this on YouTube.

This is what terrorism looks like. You have the happy little kids enjoying the parade and then a violent act suddenly appears.

They say he was just trying to outrun the law and I hope it is something as simple and stupid as that and not a political statement.

Forum List

Back