🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Just Like Her Daddy, Not A Single Original Thought in Her Head

Not even close. STH lead in has about 10 notes that are "similar" to the other band's tune. Certainly NOT a copy infringement.

Those shoes are indistinguishable. Obvious copy.

Dude, Zeppelin totally ripped that song off. It's obvious. Those shoes are not less similar than those two songs. And in fact, the court case wasn't even decided in Zeppelin's favor because of a lack of similarity between the songs. The riffs in question are in fact identical. The question the jury had to consider was whether the plaintiff showed that the defendants had been aware of Taurus prior to the creation of Stairway to Heaven. The jury concluded the plaintiffs hadn't met that burden. And honestly, that is most likely due to little more than the fact that they probably didn't want to believe that one of the most beloved songs of all time was a ripoff.

Are you one of those people who don't believe a jury when they hear it? They heard the evidence and found Zep not guilty. End of story. This isn't the wild west where you got to lynch someone when you didn't like the verdict.

Juan. Why is this in Politics? Now I've asked the mods how far we can go over the kids of the candidates because I can go nutso kookoo bye bye over Chelsea say for starters.

But I will keep addressing these asshole threads that keep popping up in Politics, our premiere page at USMB with the ever overwhelming and underwhelming "Republicans have poopy pants" bullshit threads.

This shit has to stop.

She isn't a kid first of all, she is a thirty five year old adult. Secondly, she is the daughter of a man who will appear at his own fraud trial in 4 1/2 months. I think that makes it a political consideration. You may not agree, but two frauds don't make a right.

No problem with it. Just waiting for a decision from the mods. Most importantly I can't wait to open up a can of whoop ass on Chelsea and her husband. Oh. Purring here. Especially her husbands family. Purr. Purr. Purr.

:)

Chelsea Clinton is an adult. Have at it.

The entire Trump family seems like a sleazy bunch of criminals. How many are now facing criminal charges?
This is only slightly different than Trump University, what a family of phonies.
Well, finally the liberals have come full circle, and are admitting that "being accused" is enough grounds to be considered guilty. I haven't noticed one of them coming to any other conclusion. None are saying that there isn't enough evidence, no jury has found her guilty, etc.

Fast forward to 2016. Hillary Clinton has been accused of various crimes for longer than Ivanka's been alive. When can we expect these leftist fanatics to start declaring that she is just as guilty of them, as Ivanka is guilty?

They did show a picture of the likeness of the shoes. However, that in itself may not be a crime. I believe that the name brand of the shoes is protected property not the shoes themselves. This means no one can claim to be selling one of these shoes unless they are actually selling them.

Also, many companies make knock off brands that are cheaper and look almost like the same thing. None of them have gotten sued...wait...they ain't related to a republican presidential candidate.

Wait until we find that she's been having them made in China, so Americans can have jobs.

Are you one of those people who don't believe a jury when they hear it? They heard the evidence and found Zep not guilty. End of story. This isn't the wild west where you got to lynch someone when you didn't like the verdict.

I wish you were as intelligent as the guy in your avatar. Then it wouldn't hurt so bad to read your posts. I never said anything about lynching anyone. So there's no need to bring up such ridiculousness now. Unless you want to volunteer to be the lynchee.

I wish you were as intelligent as the guy in your avatar. Then it wouldn't hurt so bad to read your posts. I never said anything about lynching anyone. So there's no need to bring up such ridiculousness now. Unless you want to volunteer to be the lynchee.

Sorry, I say that everytime I see an idiot that doesn't appreciate or respect our judicial system.

Not even close. STH lead in has about 10 notes that are "similar" to the other band's tune. Certainly NOT a copy infringement.

Dude, Zeppelin totally ripped that song off. It's obvious. Those shoes are not less similar than those two songs. And in fact, the court case wasn't even decided in Zeppelin's favor because of a lack of similarity between the songs. The riffs in question are in fact identical. The question the jury had to consider was whether the plaintiff showed that the defendants had been aware of Taurus prior to the creation of Stairway to Heaven. The jury concluded the plaintiffs hadn't met that burden. And honestly, that is most likely due to little more than the fact that they probably didn't want to believe that one of the most beloved songs of all time was a ripoff.

I still can't believe the verdict. Zepp was famous for ripping off shit. On this one I really wanted some justice because all they were asking for was a third recognition for Randy.

Pffffft. First time they played Stairway in a large venue was in Maple Leaf Gardens in TO with my ex . I was there. I knew from the get go that the riff was from Spirit. Who I adored.I was a Fresh Garbage baby to the hilt. Spirit was a game changer in music. Amazing band.

You be nice now. The guy in the avatar is a canuck.

"Matthew Burris, chief finance officer for Marc Fisher, called the lawsuit “baseless” and a publicity stunt.
“This is a baseless lawsuit aimed at generating publicity,” he said in a statement to BuzzFeed News. “The shoe in question is representative of a trending fashion style, is not subject to intellectual property law protection, and there are similar styles made by several major brands."

You sound like a hapless idiot. Do your research

Well we all know where she learned how to be a grifter don't we?
Seeing how you couched the OP you followed the same thought process.

Yah, you would love to change the subject wouldn't you?
Not at all, just correcting you for accuracy.

Right. In your mind I somehow equate with being a grifter. Are you still receiving messages from aliens in the fillings of your three remaining teeth?
No I equate your statement with that of an opportunist who wishes to denigrate, the good name of those he does not like.

Well we all know where she learned how to be a grifter don't we?

Right. In your mind I somehow equate with being a grifter. Are you still receiving messages from aliens in the fillings of your three remaining teeth?
No I equate your statement with that of an opportunist who wishes to denigrate, the good name of those he does not like.

These people are headed to the White House and I don't think they belong there.

These people are headed to the White House and I don't think they belong there.

Trump and Hillary?

I agree

Should they be successful, it could spell the end of the shoe industry. All the shoemakers rip each other off.

I still can't believe the verdict. Zepp was famous for ripping off shit. On this one I really wanted some justice because all they were asking for was a third recognition for Randy.

Pffffft. First time they played Stairway in a large venue was in Maple Leaf Gardens in TO with my ex . I was there. I knew from the get go that the riff was from Spirit. Who I adored.I was a Fresh Garbage baby to the hilt. Spirit was a game changer in music. Amazing band.

I was pretty shocked too, because it's so painfully obvious that it's identical. Then when I read explanation I was shocked even more. I could understand a musically ignorant jury honestly falling for the "only so many notes and so many combinations" bullshit. But this claim that there was apparently insufficient evidence that the writers were aware of a song, when it was proven in court that Zeppelin did a cover of a Spirit song on the same record as Taurus, is absolute horseshit.

But they weren't "just" asking for song writer credits. If they'd won, there would have been a shitload of back royalties that would have gone along with it.

You are on acid. Taurus is NOTHING like Stairway to heaven. It's an instrumental for one thing. The rif that you are all twisted up over goes in an entirely different direction than the "similar" one in STH does.

This is all about fruit cakes like yourself that absolutely LOVE Spirit and are never going to look at the comparison objectively.. Oh ya..that and Lawyers looking for a big payday over reaching and praying on the advice of wingnut Spirit fans.

Give it a rest. You lost because there was no "rip off". Get over it.

Juan. Why is this in Politics? Now I've asked the mods how far we can go over the kids of the candidates because I can go nutso kookoo bye bye over Chelsea say for starters.

But I will keep addressing these asshole threads that keep popping up in Politics, our premiere page at USMB with the ever overwhelming and underwhelming "Republicans have poopy pants" bullshit threads.

This shit has to stop.

She isn't a kid first of all, she is a thirty five year old adult. Secondly, she is the daughter of a man who will appear at his own fraud trial in 4 1/2 months. I think that makes it a political consideration. You may not agree, but two frauds don't make a right.

No problem with it. Just waiting for a decision from the mods. Most importantly I can't wait to open up a can of whoop ass on Chelsea and her husband. Oh. Purring here. Especially her husbands family. Purr. Purr. Purr.

:)

Chelsea Clinton is an adult. Have at it.

Actually I won't unless the rules change. Everywhere I have ever posted the class act thing to do was to leave family members and their family members off or out of the discussion.

Ever hear a song "Crossfire"? I don't want people who have not asked to be caught in it to be me taking them out. It's a decency thing I have. If your thread stands and we are allowed to now go after family members I won't have a problem with it at all Juan. But and as I have had to point it out before from the movie Good Morning Vietnam, "I'll make you wish you died as a child".

Are you really sure we are able to go after Chelsea and her husband? Are you certain you want us to have that ability?

When I read the title I thought that this was about one of Obama's daughters.

Of course you did, but this is about a con. Don the con taught her everything he knows.

There isn't a lot of logic in that statement because if Trump knows nothing then how can he teach her something he knows? This is why I thought we were talking about someone else. Perhaps chelsea.

Forum List

Back