🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Just Like Her Daddy, Not A Single Original Thought in Her Head

Juan. Why is this in Politics? Now I've asked the mods how far we can go over the kids of the candidates because I can go nutso kookoo bye bye over Chelsea say for starters.

But I will keep addressing these asshole threads that keep popping up in Politics, our premiere page at USMB with the ever overwhelming and underwhelming "Republicans have poopy pants" bullshit threads.

This shit has to stop.

She isn't a kid first of all, she is a thirty five year old adult. Secondly, she is the daughter of a man who will appear at his own fraud trial in 4 1/2 months. I think that makes it a political consideration. You may not agree, but two frauds don't make a right.

No problem with it. Just waiting for a decision from the mods. Most importantly I can't wait to open up a can of whoop ass on Chelsea and her husband. Oh. Purring here. Especially her husbands family. Purr. Purr. Purr.

:)

Chelsea Clinton is an adult. Have at it.

Actually I won't unless the rules change. Everywhere I have ever posted the class act thing to do was to leave family members and their family members off or out of the discussion.

Ever hear a song "Crossfire"? I don't want people who have not asked to be caught in it to be me taking them out. It's a decency thing I have. If your thread stands and we are allowed to now go after family members I won't have a problem with it at all Juan. But and as I have had to point it out before from the movie Good Morning Vietnam, "I'll make you wish you died as a child".

Are you really sure we are able to go after Chelsea and her husband? Are you certain you want us to have that ability?

If this is evidence of a family associated con job then I believe it is relevant to the conversation. There are no kids involved here. Both children are almost 15 years past majority and should be viewed as an individual adult.

When I read the title I thought that this was about one of Obama's daughters.

Of course you did, but this is about a con. Don the con taught her everything he knows.

There isn't a lot of logic in that statement because if Trump knows nothing then how can he teach her something he knows? This is why I thought we were talking about someone else. Perhaps chelsea.

You got something on Chelsea Clinton I think the voter should know it. Don the con and his daughter should be revealed to voters also.

There are only so many ways to design a piece of clothing. I think it would be very difficult to come up with a reasonable fashion design that does not come close to something already done.

Not even close. STH lead in has about 10 notes that are "similar" to the other band's tune. Certainly NOT a copy infringement.

Those shoes are indistinguishable. Obvious copy.

Dude, Zeppelin totally ripped that song off. It's obvious. Those shoes are not less similar than those two songs. And in fact, the court case wasn't even decided in Zeppelin's favor because of a lack of similarity between the songs. The riffs in question are in fact identical. The question the jury had to consider was whether the plaintiff showed that the defendants had been aware of Taurus prior to the creation of Stairway to Heaven. The jury concluded the plaintiffs hadn't met that burden. And honestly, that is most likely due to little more than the fact that they probably didn't want to believe that one of the most beloved songs of all time was a ripoff.

I still can't believe the verdict. Zepp was famous for ripping off shit. On this one I really wanted some justice because all they were asking for was a third recognition for Randy.

Pffffft. First time they played Stairway in a large venue was in Maple Leaf Gardens in TO with my ex . I was there. I knew from the get go that the riff was from Spirit. Who I adored.I was a Fresh Garbage baby to the hilt. Spirit was a game changer in music. Amazing band.

You are on acid. Taurus is NOTHING like Stairway to heaven. It's an instrumental for one thing. The rif that you are all twisted up over goes in an entirely different direction than the "similar" one in STH does.

This is all about fruit cakes like yourself that absolutely LOVE Spirit and are never going to look at the comparison objectively.. Oh ya..that and Lawyers looking for a big payday over reaching and praying on the advice of wingnut Spirit fans.

Give it a rest. You lost because there was no "rip off". Get over it.

Huggy. It was a direct rip. I'm not just a groupie. This is what I used to do for a living including being hired on a repetitive basis by ASCAP and BMI. My ex husbands tunes are still worth and paying out today in the here and now.

I used to be hired by them to track usage. Mmmmmmmkay? I have a number of Junos aka Grammys under my belt for this reason.

Page and I do believe this in his defense heard the riff and it stayed in his head and he used it for Stairway. I don't believe it was malicious for one second. But sorry as sorry can be Zepp took it.

There are only so many ways to design a piece of clothing. I think it would be very difficult to come up with a reasonable fashion design that does not come close to something already done.

Yes you are correct which is why clothing is not patentable. It is possible to trademark and Ivanka stands accused of piracy and counterfeiting by Aquazzura.

In my fashionista days trust me.....Foot wear is really really hard to not overlap with someone elses design. I personally can't wait for the ruling on this one. Because it would mean that everyone who first designed *sigh* you are probably too young for this the incredible "barbarian" sandal.

Fortunately, there is more than one example and I think a jury would be hard pressed to find her innocent. That said, she is a member of the Council of Fashion Designers of America and she is going to have to explain to both a jury and a group of her peers how this came to pass. Interesting reading indeed.

"Protecting Design
The greatest asset a designer has is his or her creativity. The CFDA works on several annual initiatives to address piracy and counterfeiting, in order to protect designers’ intellectual and creative property."

Taurus is NOTHING like Stairway to heaven.

That is just patently false. You are literally looking at a dog and insisting it's a squirrel. This really should go down in the Guinness Book of Records as the most outrageous lie ever told.

It's an instrumental for one thing.

So? Who gives a fuck? You think that just because one song is strictly an instrumental, it can't be ripped off to use the same notes in another song with words? Shit just gets dumber and dumber around here.

The rif that you are all twisted up over goes in an entirely different direction than the "similar" one in STH does.

:wtf: It's nearly identical. The few differences consist of playing equivalent pitches on different octaves or a couple instances of inverting the melodic/harmonic notes to still comprise the same chords. You don't know the first thing about music I would imagine. And you must be amazingly tone deaf if you can't hear it.

I still can't believe the verdict. Zepp was famous for ripping off shit. On this one I really wanted some justice because all they were asking for was a third recognition for Randy.

Pffffft. First time they played Stairway in a large venue was in Maple Leaf Gardens in TO with my ex . I was there. I knew from the get go that the riff was from Spirit. Who I adored.I was a Fresh Garbage baby to the hilt. Spirit was a game changer in music. Amazing band.

I was pretty shocked too, because it's so painfully obvious that it's identical. Then when I read explanation I was shocked even more. I could understand a musically ignorant jury honestly falling for the "only so many notes and so many combinations" bullshit. But this claim that there was apparently insufficient evidence that the writers were aware of a song, when it was proven in court that Zeppelin did a cover of a Spirit song on the same record as Taurus, is absolute horseshit.

But they weren't "just" asking for song writer credits. If they'd won, there would have been a shitload of back royalties that would have gone along with it.

Well that was "next up" wasn't it now. Can't say I blame them. For me now sitting in the middle of nowhere, Having been involved for so many years trying to protect so many rights when you actually go before the tribunals at ASCAP or BMI it's a big deal. And you take two words in a row you are toast. I don't understand why this plaintiff went this route.

Seeing how you couched the OP you followed the same thought process.

Yah, you would love to change the subject wouldn't you?
Not at all, just correcting you for accuracy.

Right. In your mind I somehow equate with being a grifter. Are you still receiving messages from aliens in the fillings of your three remaining teeth?
No I equate your statement with that of an opportunist who wishes to denigrate, the good name of those he does not like.

These people are headed to the White House and I don't think they belong there.
Obviously so you just wish to attack them personally, you can vote for any other person you wish to be in office.

Not even close. STH lead in has about 10 notes that are "similar" to the other band's tune. Certainly NOT a copy infringement.

Dude, Zeppelin totally ripped that song off. It's obvious. Those shoes are not less similar than those two songs. And in fact, the court case wasn't even decided in Zeppelin's favor because of a lack of similarity between the songs. The riffs in question are in fact identical. The question the jury had to consider was whether the plaintiff showed that the defendants had been aware of Taurus prior to the creation of Stairway to Heaven. The jury concluded the plaintiffs hadn't met that burden. And honestly, that is most likely due to little more than the fact that they probably didn't want to believe that one of the most beloved songs of all time was a ripoff.

You are on acid. Taurus is NOTHING like Stairway to heaven. It's an instrumental for one thing. The rif that you are all twisted up over goes in an entirely different direction than the "similar" one in STH does.

This is all about fruit cakes like yourself that absolutely LOVE Spirit and are never going to look at the comparison objectively.. Oh ya..that and Lawyers looking for a big payday over reaching and praying on the advice of wingnut Spirit fans.

Huggy. It was a direct rip. I'm not just a groupie. This is what I used to do for a living including being hired on a repetitive basis by ASCAP and BMI. My ex husbands tunes are still worth and paying out today in the here and now.

I used to be hired by them to track usage. Mmmmmmmkay? I have a number of Junos aka Grammys under my belt for this reason.

Page and I do believe this in his defense heard the riff and it stayed in his head and he used it for Stairway. I don't believe it was malicious for one second. But sorry as sorry can be Zepp took it.

Like I said... You are not even slightly objective. I get it. You have some personal experience in the field. So do I.

Musical influences are difficult to pin down. A musician might be wandering down a street and hears a transient playing a tune on a home made flute and it triggers something in his head and he runs with it. Music isn't born out of a vacuum. There are just a small handful of notes to begin with of which to arrange any musical expression.

Some tunes are bound to be similar to others. Maybe the writers of Zepp music did hear the Spirit tune Taurus and liked the progression in some of it. They didn't "copy" it. They added something SIMILAR in the STH song. The progression Zepp crafted sounds more like a musical "stairway" anyway. It is a better fit for the vocal writing.

Sometimes a bit of vocal music is built from the vocals and sometimes from the tune. I have seen the music being crafted and it can work both ways.

There is no doubt that a few notes are similar and it is possible that the idea that Zepp finalized as STH could have been influenced by Taurus. But Copied? No.

Yah, you would love to change the subject wouldn't you?

Right. In your mind I somehow equate with being a grifter. Are you still receiving messages from aliens in the fillings of your three remaining teeth?
No I equate your statement with that of an opportunist who wishes to denigrate, the good name of those he does not like.

Obviously so you just wish to attack them personally, you can vote for any other person you wish to be in office.

If you get right down to it, both Ivanka and her daddy lack a single creative brain cell between them and have to steal from others to make their con work. Lazy cons.

Taurus is NOTHING like Stairway to heaven.

That is just patently false. You are literally looking at a dog and insisting it's a squirrel. This really should go down in the Guinness Book of Records as the most outrageous lie ever told.

It's an instrumental for one thing.

So? Who gives a fuck? You think that just because one song is strictly an instrumental, it can't be ripped off to use the same notes in another song with words? Shit just gets dumber and dumber around here.

The rif that you are all twisted up over goes in an entirely different direction than the "similar" one in STH does.

:wtf: It's nearly identical. The few differences consist of playing equivalent pitches on different octaves or a couple instances of inverting the melodic/harmonic notes to still comprise the same chords. You don't know the first thing about music I would imagine. And you must be amazingly tone deaf if you can't hear it.

Oh and by the way..my husband just walked by and asked if I was talking to you.

pigsfly.jpg~c200

I had to tell him yes. I agree with him.

Like I said... You are not even slightly objective. I get it. You have some personal experience in the field. So do I.

Musical influences are difficult to pin down. A musician might be wandering down a street and hears a transient playing a tune on a home made flute and it triggers something in his head and he runs with it. Music isn't born out of a vacuum. There are just a small handful of notes to begin with of which to arrange any musical expression.

Some tunes are bound to be similar to others. Maybe the writers of Zepp music did hear the Spirit tune Taurus and liked the progression in some of it. They didn't "copy" it. They added something SIMILAR in the STH song. The progression Zepp crafted sounds more like a musical "stairway" anyway. It is a better fit for the vocal writing.

Sometimes a bit of vocal music is built from the vocals and sometimes from the tune. I have seen the music being crafted and it can work both ways.

There is no doubt that a few notes are similar and it is possible that the idea that Zepp finalized as STH could have been influenced by Taurus. But Copied? No.

Last edited:
I'd have to disagree on this fraud thingy, though I do not know all of the details...

I was in the shoe industry for nearly 30 years, and even know Marc Fisher and even moreso his father, Jerome (Jack)Fisher....the founder of Fisher Camuto Inc, the company that introduced and created the women's NINE WEST shoe brand....

The shoe business is doggy dog....whenever a designer created an item, the first thing the shoe industry dogs do, is knock it off at a lower middle class price the second they get the word the Designer who created the style is selling it at her or his higher price....sure, they modify it slightly...the heel may not be as high or as thick or as slender, and the sole may be a man made fabricated component instead of a leather sole that the designer who initially created the item put on her item, or the tassel is a half inch shorter than the original creation.... (The Designer may make her creation in Italy or Spain, the Copycat may make theirs in China or Hong Kong) just little things are changed that still has the "feel" and "look" of the original designer shoe, but costs less so it can be mass produced for the middle of the road market.

All of this is common... the earliest we could knock a designer off for a shoe and get it to the market place is around a year and really rush it to get it in 8 months....because there are many steps to doing it... and the shoes are usually made over seas, including the initial prototypes of the knock offs and a process for getting the right look... with the right last and sizing... takes a bit of time along with ordering the components of the shoe being created and the time to buy the right leather for the knock off so it looks like the original....and get these materials to the country you are going to manufacture it in....

So, YES Ivanka and Marc Fisher are knocking this designer off, and she/he/the designer has every right to be pissed off, but unless Ivanka is stealing this woman's designs by having a mole in the Designer's factories so that Ivanka can get it to the market earlier than 8 months to a year....there is no way this Designer can win this suit imho.

Last edited:
Ivanka Trump has been sued for copyright infringement by the designer aquazzura. Seems she has been stealing other peoples idea for some time now and they had enough of it.Ivanka Trump Accused Of Ripping Off Luxury Shoe Design

"Aquazzura, founded by Italian designer Edgardo Osorio in 2011, filed the lawsuit against the entrepreneur and daughter of Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on Tuesday.

The lawsuit, which also names Marc Fisher, who partnered with Trump to launch her eponymous footwear brand in 2010, accuses the duo of “seeking the same success Aquazzura experienced, but without having to put in the hard creative work.”

The subject of the infringement lawsuit is one of Aquazzura’s signature styles, the popular “Wild Thing” sandal."

grid-cell-3528-1466713291-18.jpg
grid-cell-3528-1466713292-23.jpg

sub-buzz-2256-1466710474-5.png

But wait! there's much more to this complaint.

sub-buzz-2129-1466710090-5.png

At least she doesn't steal Hitler's ideas. Like her daddy....

Last edited:
Thanks for your bona fides, they certainly add credence to your opinion. I'll add a couple things, the designer is already on record for sending cease and desist letters to Ivanka Trump and there is a record of her buying shoes from Aquazzura in Milan. I do not know where this will lead but the number of knockoffs is ballsy at a minimum. Trademarks will decide this case and the CFDA will have their opinion I'm sure.

If you get right down to it, both Ivanka and her daddy lack a single creative brain cell between them and have to steal from others to make their con work. Lazy cons.
Ok I get it....you are jealous...............:itsok:

You want a pair of those shoes and they said no...:crybaby:

:laugh:

Ok I get it....you are jealous...............:itsok:

You want a pair of those shoes and they said no...:crybaby:

:laugh:

This is not a victimless crime, stealing the profits from someone else's creativity is trashy and I hope a court awards a fortune from Ivanka Trump to Aquazzura. You can make light of it as you will, the rest of us see it for what it is. Just another Trump con job.

Forum List

Back