Just ordered a 5.7

Flash

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2014
Florida
PSA had a good deal on a 5.7 pistol for Black Friday. Just for the hell of it I ordered one.

Anybody else have a 5.7?

1669117982757.png

• Banned
LOL.....5.7mm.....The answer to a question nobody (except NATO) asked. ;)
I know, but I couldn't resist.

I have been wanting one of the stupid things for a long time. I have even been buying ammo and magazines ahead of time for a gun I didn't have in anticipation of getting one.

Ammo is damn expensive. Like almost a dollar a round. However PSA said they were going to start manufacturing it so that may bring the price down to something reasonable.

What the hell, it is only money. What else are us gun nuts going to spend our money on?

Yeah, ammo is terribly expensive....A dollar a round is a good price these days.

As I understand it it's something to do with FN getting a cut of 5.7mm ammo sales as they still hold patent and licensing rights to the ammo.

That said I really don't see what it does that the tried and true 7.62 X 25 doesn't do in handguns and sub-guns. It will defeat Class III vests and even some plates......But yeah, the 5.7mm guns are a lot more sexy than the dressed-up former Soviet Block TT-33 clones. ;)

• Banned
Yeah, ammo is terribly expensive....A dollar a round is a good price these days.

As I understand it it's something to do with FN getting a cut of 5.7mm ammo sales as they still hold patent and licensing rights to the ammo.

That said I really don't see what it does that the tried and true 7.62 X 25 doesn't do in handguns and sub-guns. It will defeat Class III vests and even some plates......But yeah, the 5.7mm guns are a lot more sexy than the dressed-up former Soviet Block TT-33 clones. ;)

PSA announced it was going to start manufacturing 5.7 ammo so hopefully that will bring down the price.

I decided I was going to get a 5.7 over a year ago. In anticipated I started buying 5.7 ammo. Every month I would buy a couple of hundred rounds. Most of the time during a month I could find it on sale somewhere for like $35/50. Not quite a buck a round. I have about 1500 rounds now.

I also bought six magazines on sale a couple of months ago so I am pretty GTG on everything now.

The 5.7 Rock from PSA has got some really good reviews so we will see if it is as reliable as the FN or Ruger.

It was one thing to spend $600 for the PSA Rock with a sight on it but I would never have spent $1200 on a FN or even $900 on the Ruger.

Forum List

Back