Just reported NC and Va

The best way to popularize something is to ban it/make it illegal....

This is true. You're gonna see a whole lot of people who previously didn't care, digging the flags out.

There will be more confederate flags flying this July 4th then probably any other.....who would've thought?
In the South, not a surprise.

In flyover country......north, south, east and west.
Well, that's good for spotting the morons. All for it.

Yeah, and I'm sure you'll call them a moron to their face when you see someone flying one........:blahblah:.

Me, too. They had the best breakfasts!
i dont know what they are going to do with the chain of "Confederate-Mart" super stores.

Yep. I used to LOVE eating at "Sambos" back in the late 60s - 70s. Then along came the ACLU........

yeah, sorry....the name "offended" someone. Damnit, I'm as black as midnight, but I had no problem with the name.

Stupid liberals. Well, as long as THEY feel better about themselves...

This is true. You're gonna see a whole lot of people who previously didn't care, digging the flags out.

There will be more confederate flags flying this July 4th then probably any other.....who would've thought?
In the South, not a surprise.

In flyover country......north, south, east and west.
Well, that's good for spotting the morons. All for it.

Yeah, and I'm sure you'll call them a moron to their face when you see someone flying one........:blahblah:.
Might...just might...I'd definitely snicker and roll my eyes while thinking less of them.

I'm curious what you thought of the book "Little Black Sambo"? Personally, it was one of my favorites. Was it offensive to you? We read it over and over in first grade, we also had a neighbor boy-white-by the name of Samuel, but his dad called him Sambo. I just never understood how the name is derogatory. Correct me here if I need to be.
He seemed so grand and so smart.
i dont know what they are going to do with the chain of "Confederate-Mart" super stores.

Yep. I used to LOVE eating at "Sambos" back in the late 60s - 70s. Then along came the ACLU........

yeah, sorry....the name "offended" someone. Damnit, I'm as black as midnight, but I had no problem with the name.

Last edited:
I once interviewed a young woman for a receptionist position. Her interview went OK....and she was going to be considered for a second interview. But....I walked her out to her car. And...there it was. A little Ford pickup with a confederate flag screen print filling the entire rear window.

Done deal.

yah, i remember Sambo's. big deal, other restaurant owners did the same thing, and they werent called racists.

From the NC link in the OP:

>> The state DMV said it has issued 2,064 Confederate flag plates to members of the North Carolina chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans.

The organization calls the flag an important piece of history and their heritage. Paul Graham of the group's South Carolina chapter said the flag shouldn't be conflated with the Charleston church shooting and that removing the image from public places won't change people's actions.

"It will not change anything. What it will do is it will embarrass and shame people that have nothing to do with this event – nothing," Graham said. <<
I'm not a member of that group, don't have the license plate and have no interest in it. But he's right.

Not to mention -- these plates are already out there, on the road. What are they gonna do-- make them all send 'em back for new plates? :cuckoo:

Nope, when it's time for renewal people will be sent new plates

Yep. And hang the old one on the front of the car.

I'm curious what you thought of the book "Little Black Sambo"? Personally, it was one of my favorites. Was it offensive to you?

Never read the book as a child. The thing (with me) is that I was raised in a military family. I was raised with all manner of kids. Went to school with them, played sports with them, ate with them, partied with them. Went to war with them, fought with them and comforted their families when some died.

There was never a "White vs Black" thing with me. Never and it doesn't exist with me today as an old man. However, I have seen a change in this country - where COLOR has become a "thing". Usually fronted by liberal whites.

My Dad's philosophy? If you couldn't swim, throw your ass in the water. You'll learn real quick.

Same thing with "race". Throw your ass together and let the kids "work it out". The problem? we have race hucksters (Al Sharpton, white liberals) who NEED to keep stirring the shit pot. They live for it. Without it - they lose all relevance. It is a basic hatred for the country. It's what they do.

If we could destroy liberalism in the United States, we would be the better for it. I DESPISE liberals.

From the NC link in the OP:

>> The state DMV said it has issued 2,064 Confederate flag plates to members of the North Carolina chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans.

The organization calls the flag an important piece of history and their heritage. Paul Graham of the group's South Carolina chapter said the flag shouldn't be conflated with the Charleston church shooting and that removing the image from public places won't change people's actions.

"It will not change anything. What it will do is it will embarrass and shame people that have nothing to do with this event – nothing," Graham said. <<
I'm not a member of that group, don't have the license plate and have no interest in it. But he's right.

Not to mention -- these plates are already out there, on the road. What are they gonna do-- make them all send 'em back for new plates? :cuckoo:

Nope, when it's time for renewal people will be sent new plates

Yep. And hang the old one on the front of the car.

Can't do that -- when you get a new plate they make you send the old one back. That's how it is in NC and AFAIK most states.

That's what makes my Louisiana plate on the front of my car special --- I only have it because the car it was registered to drowned in Katrina.

And in Virginia you need two plates -- one on the front.

I'm curious what you thought of the book "Little Black Sambo"? Personally, it was one of my favorites. Was it offensive to you?

Never read the book as a child. The thing (with me) is that I was raised in a military family. I was raised with all manner of kids. Went to school with them, played sports with them, ate with them, partied with them. Went to war with them, fought with them and comforted their families when some died.

There was never a "White vs Black" thing with me. Never and it doesn't exist with me today as an old man. However, I have seen a change in this country - where COLOR has become a "thing". Usually fronted by liberal whites.

My Dad's philosophy? If you couldn't swim, throw your ass in the water. You'll learn real quick.

Same thing with "race". Throw your ass together and let the kids "work it out". The problem? we have race hucksters (Al Sharpton, white liberals) who NEED to keep stirring the shit pot. They live for it. Without it - they lose all relevance. It is a basic hatred for the country. It's what they do.

If we could destroy liberalism in the United States, we would be the better for it. I DESPISE liberals.

Considering your IQ is exceeded by your shoe size -- who the fuck cares?

Liberalism is what created the United States. Good to know which side you're on.

Liberalism is what created the United States. Good to know which side you're on.

It galls you to your core, doesn't it terrorist? Can't play your bullshit race card with me, can you? The only damned thing "liberalism" EVER created was - destruction.

I've never understood it. My cousin was called Jimbo. He and his friend, Sam, both named after their dad's, were known as Jimbo and Sambo in the neighborhood. Why wasn't "Little Red Riding Hood" considered derogatory? Or the Yellow Kid?

yah, i remember Sambo's. big deal, other restaurant owners did the same thing, and they werent called racists.

It galls you to your core, doesn't it terrorist? Can't play your bullshit race card with me, can you? The only damned thing "liberalism" EVER created was - destruction.

:lol: How long did you carry that Nazi quote in your sigline before you figured out what it meant? A year?

Shall we give this one another year to figure IT out?

What a moron.

:lol: How long did you carry that Nazi quote in your sigline before you figured out what it meant? A year?

Shall we give this one another year to figure IT out?

What a moron.

Oh no...you are still a Nazi. Every liberal in the country is a Nazi. Freedom? You and yours don't have a fucking clue, terrorist.

Thank you. I was raised the same.
Here is a link for you of the book that can be read online for free, with its illustrations.
The Project Gutenberg eBook of Little Black Sambo by Helen Bannerman.

Forum List

Back