Just Went Shoppin'...

Post it even if it sucks so we can roast you.

Pretty sad to admit being in a business 45 years and never having even shot video then have to fly across the country to get a kid to edit it for you because all you know how to do is take simple snapshots of parked cars and things with regular exposures under ordinary lighting using standard f.l, lenses as a first ever attempt at something for a guy needlessly dead by his own hands.

But then, I guess it sure beats the hell out of shoving drinks at drunk slobs in your buddy's bar just to keep your head above water.

I don't have any strong feelings either way about what he is going to do, but I'm curious as to why you have to be a dick in every situation.

Oh, don't mind that dipshit. His vagina hurts because he wants to be a real photographer.

He's not, of course. As you very astutely mentioned, he's a dick. That's all he is, and all he ever will be. He can't produce quality results, so he denigrates and demeans those who do.

But the back story is that he got all bent out of shape once because I made a tongue-in-cheek comment about how much Canon gear I own. He seriously went off the rails, challenging me at every turn, but never posting anything he's ever shot himself. And, when asked what he shoots with, he posts a photo of some archaic film gear.

The guy's a loser putz who wants to run with the big dogs, but he can't, because he's a pussy...

Just a question, why do you choose Canon? I was under the impression that Nikon, or Pentax were better in that price range? A pro up here that
I know uses Rollei for almost everything he does.

I use nothing but Nikon equipment.

Because it works for me and the type of photography I do.

The name on the camera really doesn't matter.

What matters is if it works for the person who is using it.

That is decided by the person using the equipment.

No one else.

Just a question, why do you choose Canon? I was under the impression that Nikon, or Pentax were better in that price range? A pro up here that I know uses Rollei for almost everything he does.

I've shot Canon since the 70's. It's what I'm comfortable with. There are Nikon shooters who'll say the exact same thing about Nikon. It's a "Ford/Chevy" thing. The bottom line is that both make great systems...

I think the bottom line and what's most important is that the equipment works well for the person using it.

I use Nikon. I always have and always will. It works best for me and the type of photography I shoot.

I don't listen to other people. I do what I know and is best for what I do.

B&H Photo is the fuckin' bane of my existence.

Picked up a new rig for doing video: Canon 5D MKIV, shoulder harness, mic and battery grip (for when I shoot stills with it).

I've been asked to produce a video of a memorial ride we're doing for a friend who was killed in a motorcycle accident about two weeks ago. I've enlisted the help of two other photographers to do stills, and I'm going to concentrate on video.

I'm hoping the video thing works out. I've been exclusively a still photo guy for the last 45 years, so this is uncharted territory for me. After the ride, I'm going to fly to Seattle and my daughter is going to help me with the editing.

If the video's worth a damn I'll post it here...

B&H and Adorama...

Yes Adorama I've spent a lot of money there too.

I think that I've been going to Glazier's camera the longest. Simply because they are local and were around long before the internet.

Glazier's is deadly for my bank account. LOL.

B&H Photo is the fuckin' bane of my existence.

Picked up a new rig for doing video: Canon 5D MKIV, shoulder harness, mic and battery grip (for when I shoot stills with it).

I've been asked to produce a video of a memorial ride we're doing for a friend who was killed in a motorcycle accident about two weeks ago. I've enlisted the help of two other photographers to do stills, and I'm going to concentrate on video.

I'm hoping the video thing works out. I've been exclusively a still photo guy for the last 45 years, so this is uncharted territory for me. After the ride, I'm going to fly to Seattle and my daughter is going to help me with the editing.

If the video's worth a damn I'll post it here...

B&H and Adorama...

I've never shopped at Adorama. I've been a B&H customer for decades and just don't see a reason to go anywhere else...

I've bought from both places and both are good.

Both have gotten a ton of money out of me. LOL.

Pretty sad to admit being in a business 45 years and never having even shot video then have to fly across the country to get a kid to edit it for you because all you know how to do is take simple snapshots of parked cars and things with regular exposures under ordinary lighting using standard f.l, lenses as a first ever attempt at something for a guy needlessly dead by his own hands.

But then, I guess it sure beats the hell out of shoving drinks at drunk slobs in your buddy's bar just to keep your head above water.

I don't have any strong feelings either way about what he is going to do, but I'm curious as to why you have to be a dick in every situation.

Oh, don't mind that dipshit. His vagina hurts because he wants to be a real photographer.

He's not, of course. As you very astutely mentioned, he's a dick. That's all he is, and all he ever will be. He can't produce quality results, so he denigrates and demeans those who do.

But the back story is that he got all bent out of shape once because I made a tongue-in-cheek comment about how much Canon gear I own. He seriously went off the rails, challenging me at every turn, but never posting anything he's ever shot himself. And, when asked what he shoots with, he posts a photo of some archaic film gear.

The guy's a loser putz who wants to run with the big dogs, but he can't, because he's a pussy...

Just a question, why do you choose Canon? I was under the impression that Nikon, or Pentax were better in that price range? A pro up here that

No one else.

Honestly, it's a Ford/Chevy thing...

No one else.

Pretty wise words, Dana. I see that unlike some "pros" who put down a lot of gear, you understand that there really is no bad camera equipment, only bad photographers who don't know how to use it.

All that is well and good, and I wish you both the best of luck in your photographic goals, but that guy has a stick up his butt all the time.
Well maybe he likes a stick up his butt all the time as many democRats do.

New Topics

Forum List

Back