Justice for New Haven Firefighters

That has no weight on this subject, sorry but it isn't even remotely the same thing. Firefighters are trained for specific tasks, the test was to see who retained that training better ... that's not racism in any way, it's for the safety of those they serve, or do you like the idea of having an inexperienced, untrained moron in charge, just because they are black?

Do you disagree with the statement. Yes or no?

Um ... are you changing your position again?

I don't give a fuck what color their skin is, I would however prefer a well trained and capable fire chief over anyone who can't pass their test.

You apparently can't answer a simple yes or no question. You fail at life.

Do you disagree with the statement. Yes or no?

I don't give a fuck what color their skin is, I would however prefer a well trained and capable fire chief over anyone who can't pass their test.

I answered the question, why do you ignore the answer?

Do you agree with the statement. YES or NO. One or the other. I don't need your petty explanations. Its a yes or no answer.

I apparently can't answer a simple yes or no question. I fail at life.

fixed that for you nikki

Yes...I fail at answering something I wasn't asked....

Real zinger there Del!

Leaf?

Do you agree with the statement. YES or NO. One or the other. I don't need your petty explanations. Its a yes or no answer.

You didn't make a statement, so I did ... which would have been a yes to the statement I made ... need it repeated again?

"I don't give a fuck what color their skin is, I would however prefer a well trained and capable fire chief over anyone who can't pass their test."

You didn't make a statement, so I did ... which would have been a yes to the statement I made ... need it repeated again?

"I don't give a fuck what color their skin is, I would however prefer a well trained and capable fire chief over anyone who can't pass their test."

KK said Phuck! call the firedepartment! :lol::lol: her's steaming!

KK said Phuck! call the firedepartment! :lol::lol: her's steaming!

Meh ... I "swear like a sailor", as the old coinage goes, when I am mad is when I don't swear enough ... :eusa_whistle:

This thread is starting to make me laugh. SCOTUS has ruled that the city must hire in such a manner that it pleases the court and all you all are patting yourselves on the back.

Better yet Nik, try getting back on topic, how is a test for promotions racially biased?

Sorry you'll have to be more specific.

I'll get specific with you Nickie....you don't know what the fuck your talking about! The more I read, the more I realized I was more right about the Supreme Court ruling than wrong, and you were more wrong than right. I stand behind my mental note about you. :razz:

so here's the truth of the matter. The black firemen did not prepare. Did not study. Did not put forth the effort. And when they failed.. They cried racism. I think that's the brutal truth. We should not have one standard for white firemen and another for black.. Not unless we advocate one standard for white doctors and nother for black. one standard for white lawyers and another for black.. etc etc etc.. everyone who is a fireman whould know how to do the job.. equally well..

Exactly. Just because you are black doesn't automatically make you a better firefighter. You need to prove yourself just like everybody else no matter what your race. The firefighters are a team just like the military. This in-house fighting about racism is just bullshit that causes people in the company to get killed. The leaders of these companies need to get a grip.

so here's the truth of the matter. The black firemen did not prepare. Did not study. Did not put forth the effort. And when they failed.. They cried racism. I think that's the brutal truth. We should not have one standard for white firemen and another for black.. Not unless we advocate one standard for white doctors and nother for black. one standard for white lawyers and another for black.. etc etc etc.. everyone who is a fireman whould know how to do the job.. equally well..

Exactly. Just because you are black doesn't automatically make you a better firefighter. You need to prove yourself just like everybody else no matter what your race. The firefighters are a team just like the military. This in-house fighting about racism is just bullshit that causes people in the company to get killed. The leaders of these companies need to get a grip.
So you and Willow are okay with SCOTUS telling a city whom they can hire or promote? Pretty cool. If they decide they only want to hire blacks you'll be good with that, too, I suppose. Oh, wait...prolly not.

So you and Willow are okay with SCOTUS telling a city whom they can hire or promote? Pretty cool. If they decide they only want to hire blacks you'll be good with that, too, I suppose. Oh, wait...prolly not.

This could be your most pathetic strawman ever... and that's saying something.

:rofl:

This thread is starting to make me laugh. SCOTUS has ruled that the city must hire in such a manner that it's legal and all you all are patting yourselves on the back.

No, we're patting the court on the back silly.
Change my post as you will but it doesn't change the fact that SCOTUS is telling the city whom they may or may not promote.

Bullshit.

And really really pathetic bullshit at that.

psst. Your agenda whoring is showing

No, we're patting the court on the back silly.
Change my post as you will but it doesn't change the fact that SCOTUS is telling the city whom they may or may not promote.

Bullshit.

And really really pathetic bullshit at that.

psst. Your agenda whoring is showing
Correct me if I'm wrong. SCOTUS merely said that the city cannot throw out the test results because they fear being sued.

That implies the lawsuit can go forward and the city cannot use its own best judgment on who they promote.

Forum List

Back