Justin Trudeau To Refugees: ‘Canadians Will Welcome You’

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
16299199_10155159189535649_5609931729410904562_n.jpg

Trudeau was one of many world leaders to speak out against Trump’s xenophobic refugee restrictions.

As new U.S. immigration restrictions targeting refugees and citizens from several Muslim-majority countries fueled an international frenzy of panic and confusion, Justin Trudeau sent a clear message to those affected: “Canadians will welcome you.”

The Canadian prime minster’s commitment to supporting refugees and newcomers has been clear since he took office in November 2015 and vowed to dramatically expand the country’s Syrian refugee program. To date, his government has accepted 39,671 men, women and children from the war-torn nation ― some of whom were personally greeted by Trudeau upon arrival.

“To those fleeing persecution, terror and war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith,” he wrote on Facebook and Twitter. “Diversity is our strength.”

More: Justin Trudeau To Refugees: ‘Canadians Will Welcome You’

Thank you, Prime Minister Trudeau. I can't imagine Trump "personally greeting" any immigrants like you are doing. America seems to have forgotten that it's also a nation of immigrants.

Trudeau was one of many world leaders to speak out against Trump’s xenophobic refugee restrictions.

As new U.S. immigration restrictions targeting refugees and citizens from several Muslim-majority countries fuelled an international frenzy of panic and confusion,Justin Trudeau sent a clear message to those affected: “Canadians will welcome you.”

The Canadian prime minster’s commitment to supporting refugees and newcomers has been clear since he took office in November 2015 and vowed to dramatically expand the country’s Syrian refugee program. To date, his government has accepted 39,671 men, women and children from the war-torn nation ― some of whom werepersonally greeted by Trudeau upon arrival.

“To those fleeing persecution, terror and war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith,” he wrote on Facebook and Twitter. “Diversity is our strength.”

Thank you, Prime Minister Trudeau. America seems to have forgotten that it's also a nation of immigrants.

Oh thank God. Someone call the White House. Redirect all refugees to Canada! Ugh, now that wall will truly be an expensive one.

As new U.S. immigration restrictions targeting refugees and citizens from several Muslim-majority countries fueled an international frenzy of panic and confusion, Justin Trudeau sent a clear message to those affected: “Canadians will welcome you.”

The Canadian prime minster’s commitment to supporting refugees and newcomers has been clear since he took office in November 2015 and vowed to dramatically expand the country’s Syrian refugee program. To date, his government has accepted 39,671 men, women and children from the war-torn nation ― some of whom were personally greeted by Trudeau upon arrival.

Thank you, Prime Minister Trudeau. I can't imagine Trump "personally greeting" any immigrants like you are doing. America seems to have forgotten that it's also a nation of immigrants.

Yes, they will welcome the ones with cash or skills. Canada is quite difficult to get into. You need to have something to offer.

I was born here. My family goes back eight generations here, and I have no ties or allegiance to any other nation.

I am no immigrant. I am a native American.

Perfect! Not sure how happy that is going to make our Canadian friends, tho. They see the same insanity we do. There are far better ways to service the needs of Muslim refugees than to bring them here. Like for instance to ANOTHER MUSLIM COUNTRY perhaps?

Yes, they will welcome the ones with cash or skills. Canada is quite difficult to get into. You need to have something to offer.

I was born here. My family goes back eight generations here, and I have no ties or allegiance to any other nation.

I am no immigrant. I am a native American.

You mean Canada wants their immigrants to have something to offer? What kinda whacky immigration policy is that? It's almost as if they beleive the purpose of accepting immigrants in Canada is to benefit Canada. Geeze, in the US our immigration policy is to accept the poor and dependent or allow illegals to flood in before granting them amnesty for no other purpose than to get additional votes for democrats.

I don't agree with criticizing another country for their immigration policy. That's their business. They want to let Muslims in more power to them. I don't want my country doing the same

Glad to hear it.....all those camel jockeys and jungle bunnies can go to canada and love the snow.

A Mosque in Quebec reporting 5 deaths. How quick will Trump get the blame?

Their PM should. He just said that refugees are welcome. Evedently come Canadian thought otherwise.

I'm sure Canada also has its share of homegrown NaziCon terrorists.

Four mosques across Quebec targeted in hate crimes leave local Muslim community on edge.

Quebec Muslims warn of heightened Islamophobia after October attacks

I don't know a majority of any country that wants these refugees.

Their PM should. He just said that refugees are welcome. Evedently come Canadian thought otherwise.

Four mosques across Quebec targeted in hate crimes leave local Muslim community on edge.

That's how my ancestors felt.

Your ancestors might have felt that way but they weren't angels either. Perhaps if they had invented some sort of advanced technology it would have went a long way. You know ... .. like the wheel?

Mine had "No dogs or Irish allowed".

Has nothing to do with me.

What ancestors? The tribe of gay, pussy whipped, girlymen?

Can't be they have stringent gun laws and they are more cosmopolitan....it cant happen in canada

Forum List

Back