Kansas moves to implement $25 ATM withdrawal limit for welfare recipients

All the issues going on and people are worried about ATM withdrawals?
oh well, it's their STATE they can do what they want. I guess all you on welfare won't be moving there eh.
Guess who pays the price to drag red states out of the holes they dig themselves?

Red states like California?

Or Illinois? Actually if Illinois could get rid of Shitcago they'd be OK

I would bet none of these people even lives in Kansas. but they believe they are ENTITLED to poke there nose into everyone business. the USUAL

oh well, it's their STATE they can do what they want. I guess all you on welfare won't be moving there eh.

worry about your own states. I'm sure they aren't some paradise Utopia

How about your state? you said you get government benefits and medicaid not to mention government cheese and section 8 for your trailer park rent,

Why are you denying people that Obama destroyed financially state aid?

I would bet none of these people even lives in Kansas. but they believe they are ENTITLED to poke there nose into everyone business. the USUAL
As though the effectiveness and intentions of public policies are not to be discussed?

Yet you claim this is political and does not pass the smell test.
My guess is that this law is meant to fire up the absolutists who are trained to scream at the top of their lungs about all the regular issues, welfare being among them.

Yeah, this will get those evil welfare recipients who are destroying my freedom, you betcha.

Welfare is a response to an underlying problem. I'm more interested in dealing with the underlying problem than in sounding like a radio talk show host.

More like, we tried to be reasonable with you little black folks, but you squander your food money on drugs and other bad things.

We should be addressing the underlying problem, a bunch of worthless tit sucking entitlers who don't know what work is.

Instead we have to rein in blacks who would squander their money on garbage other than food.
More white folks get food stamps than "negroes"

My guess is that this law is meant to fire up the absolutists who are trained to scream at the top of their lungs about all the regular issues, welfare being among them.

Yeah, this will get those evil welfare recipients who are destroying my freedom, you betcha.

Welfare is a response to an underlying problem. I'm more interested in dealing with the underlying problem than in sounding like a radio talk show host.

More like, we tried to be reasonable with you little black folks, but you squander your food money on drugs and other bad things.

We should be addressing the underlying problem, a bunch of worthless tit sucking entitlers who don't know what work is.

Instead we have to rein in blacks who would squander their money on garbage other than food.

so it is not an assault on the minorities then

good

I thought the left likes using percentages?

They like using them, they just don't understand them

Guess who pays the price to drag red states out of the holes they dig themselves?

Please, you blue states hardly have any money for yourselves. they tax you out the ass for everything and anything.... rent OMG to live in some cement jungle with a bunch of rude people.SO sit down. that is so old and tiring none of you are any better than anyone else
Our taxes are not that high in the Northeast considering the services we enjoy. We have better educational systems, better medical care. Because of our weather we need more money for infrastructure maintainance. And unlike most of your states we do not tax food, medicine, or clothing. (at least in Massachusetts) I don't know about the others.

omg, as if other states don't have those "same services" . and they are MY STATES. really..... who cares you want to pay out the ass for services and $1000 to rent a 300 sq. apartment. live in cites so congested with people filled with stink and pollution so bad you can cut it with a knife
just keep your noses out of other people states.
Have you been to Boston recently? Not so polluted anymore. I will keep my nose out of other people states when your red states stop stealing our tax dollars. Red States collect more than they pay in. Blue states are the opposites. So our states that you criticize so much support your lazy asses.

sometimes

--LOL

Instead we get articles whining over how much money people can withdrawal in ATMS. This is the Democrat base I'm afraid. shallow and wishing to keep people DEPENDENT on us taxpayers via the Government tit

SNIP:
Media Ignore Humiliating Poll for Obama; Only 30 Percent Support Third Term

Kristinn Taylor Aug 1st, 2015 1:20 pm 23 Comments

The national media which has an infatuation with polls is ignoring a poll that deals a humiliating rebuke to a boast about his popularity President Barack Obama made on the world stage earlier this week.

A Google News search conducted Saturday afternoon, giving a full day for reporting, shows that only a handful of conservative leaning outlets have reported on a Rasmussen poll released Friday that shows likely voters overwhelmingly reject a third term for Obama.

Last Tuesday lame duck Obama bragged on the world stage that he’s been a “pretty good president” and that he believed he could win a third term. Obama made his comments during a speech “to the People of Africa” in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

all the article on that little man they call President at:
Media Ignore Humiliating Poll for Obama Only 30 Percent Support Third Term - The Gateway Pundit

So Mac the not spending of food stamps in a grocery store but instead obtaining the cash value to spend on products that would not be covered by food stamps if rung up properly in a grocery store.

Yet the situation that creates the need for these types of laws do.

I think your smeller is broke.

I mean you condone that nasty smelling shit, but have issues when trying to put sanity back into the situation.

So all this cash, what do you folks need to buy that the food stamp card can not be directly charged??

You can't draw cash off a food stamp benefit.

You really are a special kind of STUPID aren't you??

Should have just left it alone, but no your ignorant ass had to push it.

You can fucking read, correct??

Sign In Subscribe

Wonkblog
Kansas has found the ultimate way to punish the poor
By Max Ehrenfreund May 21
imrs.php

(Photo by Mark Makela/Getty Images)
A dollar bill is a special kind of thing. You can keep it as long as you like. You can pay for things with it. No one will ever charge you a fee. No one will ask any questions about your credit history. And other people won't try to tell you that they know how to spend that dollar better than you do.

For these reasons, cash is one of the most valuable resources a poor person in the United States can possess. Yet legislators in Kansas, not trusting the poor to use their money wisely, have voted to limit how much cash that welfare beneficiaries can receive, effectively reducing their overall benefits, as well.

The legislature placed a daily cap of $25 on cash withdrawals beginning July 1, which will force beneficiaries to make more frequent trips to the ATM to withdraw money from the debit cards used to pay public assistance benefits.

Since there's a fee for every withdrawal, the limit means that some families will get substantially less money.

Kansas has found the ultimate way to punish the poor - The Washington Post

lol, oh so I was wrong to think that anyone thought this was anything other than a way to punish poor people.

Instead we get articles whining over how much money people can withdrawal in ATMS. This is the Democrat base I'm afraid. shallow and wishing to keep people DEPENDENT on us taxpayers via the Government tit

SNIP:
Media Ignore Humiliating Poll for Obama; Only 30 Percent Support Third Term

Kristinn Taylor Aug 1st, 2015 1:20 pm 23 Comments

The national media which has an infatuation with polls is ignoring a poll that deals a humiliating rebuke to a boast about his popularity President Barack Obama made on the world stage earlier this week.

A Google News search conducted Saturday afternoon, giving a full day for reporting, shows that only a handful of conservative leaning outlets have reported on a Rasmussen poll released Friday that shows likely voters overwhelmingly reject a third term for Obama.

Last Tuesday lame duck Obama bragged on the world stage that he’s been a “pretty good president” and that he believed he could win a third term. Obama made his comments during a speech “to the People of Africa” in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

all the article on that little man they call President at:
Media Ignore Humiliating Poll for Obama Only 30 Percent Support Third Term - The Gateway Pundit

There is no third term for a President, you retard.

So Mac the not spending of food stamps in a grocery store but instead obtaining the cash value to spend on products that would not be covered by food stamps if rung up properly in a grocery store.

I mean you condone that nasty smelling shit, but have issues when trying to put sanity back into the situation.

So all this cash, what do you folks need to buy that the food stamp card can not be directly charged??

Sign In Subscribe

Wonkblog
imrs.php

A dollar bill is a special kind of thing. You can keep it as long as you like. You can pay for things with it. No one will ever charge you a fee. No one will ask any questions about your credit history. And other people won't try to tell you that they know how to spend that dollar better than you do.

For these reasons, cash is one of the most valuable resources a poor person in the United States can possess. Yet legislators in Kansas, not trusting the poor to use their money wisely, have voted to limit how much cash that welfare beneficiaries can receive, effectively reducing their overall benefits, as well.

The legislature placed a daily cap of $25 on cash withdrawals beginning July 1, which will force beneficiaries to make more frequent trips to the ATM to withdraw money from the debit cards used to pay public assistance benefits.

Since there's a fee for every withdrawal, the limit means that some families will get substantially less money.

I repeat. You can't draw cash off a food stamp benefit.

LOl, ran across this thought I would share. it's so true: it's sad and humiliating all rolled into one:ack-1::ack-1:

original.jpg

Sign In Subscribe

Wonkblog
imrs.php

I repeat. You can't draw cash off a food stamp benefit.

You doubling down on STUPIDITY, I see ..............

[Snip]

How to Access Cash and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Benefits

Electronic Benefit Transfer: How to use your EBT Card

All Food Stamps & Most Cash Benefits Are Distributed By EBT

Welcome to EBT! Your food stamp benefits and/or cash assistance benefits are kept in special accounts for you until you want to use them. The following information tells you how.
PDFTax.gif
For an Adobe Acrobat brochure, click here.
cebtcard.gif

How to Use Your Card at the Store

1. Before you shop, check your last receipt to find out how much money is in your account, or call 1-888-328-2666 for your balance

2. Look for the Quest® mark on the door or the window of the store.

3. At check-out, your card is swiped

4. Enter your secret PIN on the number pad, then press Enter.

5. Tell the clerk how much money to enter or enter the amount yourself. Remember, you can only buy eligible food items with your food benefits.

6. Always check your receipt to make sure that the amount on the EBT receipt is the same as the grocery receipt.

To Get Cash at the Store

1. Get your balance by looking at your receipt, or call 1-888-328-2666.

2. Look for the Quest® mark.

3. Your card is swiped.

4. Enter your secret PIN on the number pad, then press Enter.

5. Tell the clerk how much money to enter or enter the amount yourself.

6. Check to make sure the amount on the receipt is the same as the amount of cash you received.

How to Use Your EBT Card at a Cash Machine (ATM)

1. Always follow directions on the ATM.

2. Enter your secret PIN.

3. Press Withdrawal.

4. Press Checking.

5. Enter the dollar amount you want.

6. Take your cash from the machine.

7. Wait for your card and receipt.

8. Check the receipt to make sure it is the same as the amount you got.

9. DO NOT count your money at the machine.

DSS How to Access Cash and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program SNAP Benefits

Forum List

Back