Kansas taxes

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
They just passed tax cuts that will, as usual, benefit the wealthiest folk.

And now they want to lure in two major league teams with incentives paid for by sales taxes, which will fall mostly on the less well off as we all know.

Red states suck.

And now they want to lure in two major league teams with incentives paid for by sales taxes, which will fall mostly on the less well off as we all know.

Red states suck.

If that state allows them to be brownbacked again they desire it.

How high are your property taxes?

Fairly low, actually. We pay about $1200 a year. We have a higher sales tax. Here in Clark County it's about 9% I believe. We also have a lot of occupational fees.

New Hampshire has neither an income tax nor a sales tax, but very high property taxes.

The states are going to get their money regardless.

Nevada isn’t the best example. What are your states rankings for education and poverty.

Like most of America, the education system here is trash, but more money has never equaled better education. Some of the worst performing school districts in the country, like NYC and Washington DC, are the most expensive.

And aside from the homeless, nobody in America lives in poverty.

Fairly low, actually. We pay about $1200 a year. We have a higher sales tax. Here in Clark County it's about 9% I believe. We also have a lot of occupational fees.

New Hampshire has neither an income tax nor a sales tax, but very high property taxes.

The states are going to get their money regardless.
So a regressive tax.

Red states suck.

How much money do you think the state would generate from having the nfl and mlb there?

Red states suck.

I haven’t seen the Butbutbutbut Kansas! Thingy for quite some time. Things are so bad for Wandering *Joe you had to reach into the leftist archives.

Like most of America, the education system here is trash, but more money has never equaled better education. Some of the worst performing school districts in the country, like NYC and Washington DC, are the most expensive.

And aside from the homeless, nobody in America lives in poverty.
Dude, money directly affects educational outcomes. Citing what you have, just points to underfunded and income stressed schools.

Poverty doesn’t produce much. I point to your state’s overall rankings. Those represent that New York State is better.

How much money do you think the state would generate from having the nfl and mlb there?

Generally, states and cities that subsidize sports teams don't recoup their investment in the long run and while yes, they provide additional job opportunities for people, how much of that money is flowing down to the middle class as opposed to the wealthy developers, owners, contractors, etc.? These are multi-billion dollar organizations. They should be building their own stadiums.

Dude, money directly affects educational outcomes. Citing what you have, just points to underfunded and income stressed schools.

Poverty doesn’t produce much. I point to your state’s overall rankings. Those represent that New York State is better.

New York State may be better. New York City schools are a dumpster fire and they are one of the most expensive districts in the country.

Forum List

Back