Kasich Is Toast: Sheriff David Clark Tweets Video Of Him Calling Cop An Idiot During Traffic Stop

Look bad? Who gives a damn. If this is the worst that you can pull up on the guy then he is pretty damn clean.

Look bad? Who gives a damn. If this is the worst that you can pull up on the guy then he is pretty damn clean.

McRacist is desperate. As racists always are.

I've seen this video before. Kasich makes no such comment during the stop. The soundtrack is taken from a completely different day, from a stage in front of an audience, where he's recounting the incident -- not during the incident.

And the sheriff didn't "just release" this, it's been out. McRacist is his usual degree of fulla shit.

As I posted last time this was brought up by the desperadoes --- it is good driving practice to clear a lane for such emergency vehicles but in my travels, and I drive a lot, the only vehicles I ever see do it are other professional drivers like truckers. Everybody else is oblivious to it.

And further, Kasich's point is not about the traffic stop but about the cop's threatening language in describing the consequences of not showing up in court as if the driver is already a presumed criminal.

And he's right about that.

Last edited:

I've seen this video before. Kasich makes no such comment during the stop. The soundtrack is taken from a completely different day, from a stage in front of an audience, where he's recounting the incident -- not during the incident.

And the sheriff didn't "just release" this, it's been out. McRacist is his usual degree of fulla shit.

As I posted last time this was brought up by the desperadoes --- it is good driving practice to clear a lane for such emergency vehicles but in my travels, and I drive a lot, the only vehicles I ever see do it are other professional drivers like truckers. Everybody else is oblivious to it.

And further, Kasich's point is not about the traffic stop but about the cop's threatening language in describing the consequences of not showing up in court as if the driver is already a presumed criminal.

I don't know that he was right about the comment. It seemed simply parroted to me. This is what is going to happen - exactly what I expect. I do agree that the cops tend to take an authoritarian approach when they stop someone and typically treat the citizen poorly but I don't really see any way around that when you consider the job we are demanding they do.

I do think that this illustrates a very real and large problem that we face though. There is a very large segment of the population that focuses on things like this, putting a dog carrier on your car, eating a dog or in general other asinine irrelevant things that one person or another engage in during their lives. It is almost as if there is a need to have someone take office that has never lived a day in their lives. I could care less about most things that a potential president may or may not have done. hell in many instances I see it as a positive.

I prefer my candidate to have both lived and taken real stances - not this image of perfection that seems to be the bar.

I don't know that he was right about the comment. It seemed simply parroted to me. This is what is going to happen - exactly what I expect. I do agree that the cops tend to take an authoritarian approach when they stop someone and typically treat the citizen poorly but I don't really see any way around that when you consider the job we are demanding they do.

I do think that this illustrates a very real and large problem that we face though. There is a very large segment of the population that focuses on things like this, putting a dog carrier on your car, eating a dog or in general other asinine irrelevant things that one person or another engage in during their lives. It is almost as if there is a need to have someone take office that has never lived a day in their lives. I could care less about most things that a potential president may or may not have done. hell in many instances I see it as a positive.

I prefer my candidate to have both lived and taken real stances - not this image of perfection that seems to be the bar.

Yeah I agree with the bit about politician gotchas.

As far as the cop stop, I don't get the impression he was being a dick but he did use the language that pre-assumes the citizen is some kind of scofflaw, and there's nothing positive that can come of that. It was what he said, not the way he said it. All that does is put up walls and denigrate people. No one is ever positively motivated by that kind of negative.

I recall a million years ago I applied for a job that happened to be in Columbus Ohio, which friends had told me is a "police state". Having sent my rèsumè I got correspondence back asking a litany of personal questions and warning that they would be checking police records and seeking prosecution if they found something I didn't report.

I didn't have anything to report, but given that attitude, I said "fuck you, I'm not working around that kind of attitude".

Forum List

Back