Kavanaugh accuser wants FBI investigation before hearing

As a woman who was a teenaged girl at the same time as Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh, I don't believe so, either.

I knew a number of boys back then who were utter asshats, and was even clumsily and unwillingly groped by quite a few of them. I know a lot of those same men now, and they are nothing like that. In the intervening 36 years, they did this thing sane humans call "growing up".

It's called sexual assault, loser.

Holding a hand over her mouth to keep her quiet is not "clumsily groping".

Yeah, actually, it can be, when you're talking about a drunk teenaged boy in the 80s.

Why do you think attitudes toward sexual behavior and consent changed after that?

I realize you want to pretend THIS is different because XYZ, PDQ whatever, which just amounts to "This is different, because I want it to be!" I hate to break it to you, but I stand by my statement. Been in that exact position, didn't react at all like Ford at any point in the line.

wait...your moronic claim is that his actions should be excused (sexual assault??) because he was drunk and a teenager?

Are ya fucking braindead?

In order for his actions to be "excused", there needs to be actual evidence of it happening. Which there isn't any.

This is what happens when you let your political zealotry and assumptions drive you.

Off a cliff.
Can't you read?

Your buddies are excusing actions that they claim didn't happen.

Sounds like THEY don't even believe Kavanaugh's bullshit

I can read English just fine. I just don't read bullshit well; yours in particular.

Anywho, you fail to grasp the most common concepts, which the rest of us know as "cause and effect"

There is no cause, no evidence of a cause, therefore there is no effect.

I'm sorry if that blows your single celled brain into oblivion.

... Personally destroying a person's career, family, and life over a political appointment with flimsy at best accusations is wrong.
I totally agree.

If Blasey-Ford is lying, let's (metaphorically) crucify her in the law-courts.

If Franken(fein)stein was complicit in advancing a lie, let's (metaphorically) crucify her in the law-courts, too.

But's let's find out if that's truly the case, or if Kavanaugh is hiding something, first.

Lets be sure.

Let's be damned sure.

The best way to do that, is to have the FBI reopen its background investigation(s) on Kavanaugh, and for the FBI to amend its findings.

Even if it's on a hurried, 3-day-Anita-Hill -style snapshot basis.

Better than nothing.

Simple.

The Republicans are setting themselves up for terrible election-year optics, should they fail to do that small thing.

Doesn't matter if it's right or wrong, or fair or unfair.

Politics is all about perception.

Perception relies largely upon optics.

If you have terrible optics, you trigger terrible perceptions.

You give your opponent an early Christmas gift - tons of ammunition to use against you in an election year.

Fail to re-open the investigation into Kavanaugh's background at your own very great peril.

Both with respect to the upcoming election for control of the House and Senate, and with respect to any future SCOTUS impeachment.

The democrats had 6 weeks to look into it prior to Feinstein purposefully dragging Dr. Ford into this.

In that time, if Ford was to be believed, Feinstein could have hired any number of Private Detectives, many are former FBI agents, and get some facts to at least tie the victim to the Judge.

Problem is, she likely did, and they came up with nothing. It wouldn't take an FBI investigation to produce, at least a minimal amount of facts on the dude.

When that fails, as is often the case in actual police investigations, the Law Enforcement agency doing the investigation will seek the public's assistance, and Feinstein did by leaking the name. From that they hope to garner information. At this point the Dem's have gotten a grand total of a single lead, and that from someone in Mexico who within hours retracted her statement.

This is a crap show and a waste of time and money.

Let her speak, but unless she brings up FACTS to back her allegations, then it needs to be considered an unfounded allegation and proceed to a speedy vote.

She, Feinstein and the Democrats have had due time to produce damning evidence, and have failed. That's on them and nobody else.
Terrible optics.

You are giving your adversaries tons of ammunition, six weeks before the mid-terms.

Oh, well... you've been warned.

...Where is "here?" The FBI isn't going to investigate. End of story. Susan Collins and the Flake are not insisting on it, so it isn't going to happen. The only reason we are even allowing this nutburger to testify is to keep those two from going AWOL.
Obviously...

Not for the sake of justice...

Not for the sake of learning the truth...

But to keep two GOP Senatorial seats from voting against your nominee.

Your (collective) care for truth and justice have been noted by untold millions of American women.

All of whom get to vote their hearts when those polling-booth drapes are pulled shut behind them.

Suit yourself... your funeral.

... Personally destroying a person's career, family, and life over a political appointment with flimsy at best accusations is wrong.
I totally agree.

If Franken(fein)stein was complicit in advancing a lie, let's (metaphorically) crucify her in the law-courts, too.

But's let's find out if that's truly the case, or if Kavanaugh is hiding something, first.

Lets be sure.

Let's be damned sure.

The best way to do that, is to have the FBI reopen its background investigation(s) on Kavanaugh, and for the FBI to amend its findings.

Better than nothing.

Simple.

The Republicans are setting themselves up for terrible election-year optics, should they fail to do that small thing.

You give your opponent an early Christmas gift - tons of ammunition to use against you in an election year.

Fail to re-open the investigation into Kavanaugh's background at your own very great peril.

Both with respect to the upcoming election for control of the House and Senate, and with respect to any future SCOTUS impeachment.

The democrats had 6 weeks to look into it prior to Feinstein purposefully dragging Dr. Ford into this.

In that time, if Ford was to be believed, Feinstein could have hired any number of Private Detectives, many are former FBI agents, and get some facts to at least tie the victim to the Judge.

Problem is, she likely did, and they came up with nothing. It wouldn't take an FBI investigation to produce, at least a minimal amount of facts on the dude.

When that fails, as is often the case in actual police investigations, the Law Enforcement agency doing the investigation will seek the public's assistance, and Feinstein did by leaking the name. From that they hope to garner information. At this point the Dem's have gotten a grand total of a single lead, and that from someone in Mexico who within hours retracted her statement.

Let her speak, but unless she brings up FACTS to back her allegations, then it needs to be considered an unfounded allegation and proceed to a speedy vote.

She, Feinstein and the Democrats have had due time to produce damning evidence, and have failed. That's on them and nobody else.
Terrible optics.

You are giving your adversaries tons of ammunition, six weeks before the mid-terms.

They use these tactics every election cycle.........and have used these tactics on the Supreme Court before..........they go low every time...........

This is a he said she said.........and would be laughed out of any court room in the United States over the Statue of Limitations...........and the way it came out at the last moment shows it was a planned attack to try and stop the confirmation process............

I believe most normal Americans don't believe a word they say anymore............this just riles up the leftist base.....which is easy anyway.......

Nothing new here............

Ram the vote down their throats and circular file their BS tactics.

GOP TO ACCUSER: TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT BY 10 PM

Grassley Sets Deadline For Kavanaugh’s Accuser To Agree To Testify

The chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee says he has not agreed to allow Christine Blasey Ford to testifying after Brett Kavanaugh.

So, I guess we'll know by 10:00 pm tonight.

..."No, REALLY, it's totally rational and reasonable for you to give me everything I want, regardless of whether or not it's legally appropriate!"
You go right on ahead supporting a failure to reopen the FBI investigation of Kavanaugh long enouth to address this.

It won't have the slightest negative impact for the Republican Party while it's struggling to retain control of Congress in six weeks.

Wake up and shake the cobwebs out of your heads, Republicans... you're playing with fire (the Womens Vote) six weeks out.

I totally agree.

Lets be sure.

Let's be damned sure.

Better than nothing.

Simple.

Terrible optics.

They use these tactics every election cycle.........and have used these tactics on the Supreme Court before..........they go low every time...........

This is a he said she said.........and would be laughed out of any court room in the United States over the Statue of Limitations...........and the way it came out at the last moment shows it was a planned attack to try and stop the confirmation process............

I believe most normal Americans don't believe a word they say anymore............this just riles up the leftist base.....which is easy anyway.......

Do that and I strongly suspect that you're going to be very sorry on the morning of November 7, 2018.

Every opportunity for her to come forward and address the Senate has been offered................she doesn't set the agenda.............she came forward as soon as she sent the letter..................Does she go all the way..........hmmmm......up to her.....

She doesn't set the agenda............and I think you under estimate women in this country .........because the lunatic fringe left is out there barking at the moon over this.

I totally agree.

Lets be sure.

Let's be damned sure.

Better than nothing.

Simple.

Terrible optics.

Do that and I strongly suspect that you're going to be very sorry on the morning of November 7, 2018.

I'll take my chances..........I know this is a dang low tactic by the left..................if the people of this country are that gullible to believe this nonsense then that is were it goes..................so be it.

I totally agree.

Lets be sure.

Let's be damned sure.

Better than nothing.

Simple.

Terrible optics.

Real Men do not allow the true victims of rape and sexual violence to be used as political pawns

We leave that to cuck males, so pussy whipped that they will do anything, even using true victims, so their mistresses feel a bit of power.

The fun part is when they tire of the cuck, they come begging us real men.

Fact.

She's already demanding no lawyers.
Republicans trying t
You can point to no judicial problems to justify that view.
Why can't we have fair and honest judges on the SC ??Thomas is slime and this new AH was picked solely to protect the president and to vote down roe v wade
how is thomas a slime? that sounds RACIST!!!
Ask Hill You repubs are attracted to low lifes It's in your genes
what about that liar, what is it you want me to ask her? I have a question, but I can't write it here.
Read up on her testimony I know you read a lot You're a republican lol
It was probably the only time she got hit up on at that age and she didn't get to go through with it and it made her mad

I totally agree.

Lets be sure.

Let's be damned sure.

Better than nothing.

Simple.

Terrible optics.

"We have said terrible things about you! We refuse to prove them! You aren't immediately apologizing, so YOU have terrible optics!"

Yeah, thanks for "warning" us that we need to give you total control of everything.

...Where is "here?" The FBI isn't going to investigate. End of story. Susan Collins and the Flake are not insisting on it, so it isn't going to happen. The only reason we are even allowing this nutburger to testify is to keep those two from going AWOL.
Obviously...

Not for the sake of justice...

Not for the sake of learning the truth...

But to keep two GOP Senatorial seats from voting against your nominee.

Your (collective) care for truth and justice have been noted by untold millions of American women.

All of whom get to vote their hearts when those polling-booth drapes are pulled shut behind them.

Suit yourself... your funeral.

"You're opposing us! How DARE you! You will suffer for the eeeeeevil act of standing in our way!"

Piss off.

..."No, REALLY, it's totally rational and reasonable for you to give me everything I want, regardless of whether or not it's legally appropriate!"
You go right on ahead supporting a failure to reopen the FBI investigation of Kavanaugh long enouth to address this.

It won't have the slightest negative impact for the Republican Party while it's struggling to retain control of Congress in six weeks.

Wake up and shake the cobwebs out of your heads, Republicans... you're playing with fire (the Womens Vote) six weeks out.

Which is utter bull. I think it's more offensive to women that Democrats believe they are that stupid; fail to see what this is all about which is trying to stall this thing until after midterms. Be honest here, that's the only goal in all this.

Now Katz said she will testify on Thursday, and no earlier. The Republicans are giving her to Wednesday--one more day again moving the goalposts for her, and they are still saying it's not enough time.

The Republicans are playing hardball now. Katz has until 10:00 pm EST to respond to the invite. If no response, or a refusal to accept the terms, the vote for Kavanaugh is scheduled for Monday. In other words, their little game plan is not going to work.

Which is utter bull. I think it's more offensive to women that Democrats believe they are that stupid; fail to see what this is all about which is trying to stall this thing until after midterms. Be honest here, that's the only goal in all this.

Now Katz said she will testify on Thursday, and no earlier. The Republicans are giving her to Wednesday--one more day again moving the goalposts for her, and they are still saying it's not enough time.

The Republicans are playing hardball now. Katz has until 10:00 pm EST to respond to the invite. If no response, or a refusal to accept the terms, the vote for Kavanaugh is scheduled for Monday. In other words, their little game plan is not going to work.
I'd say just soon as his name went up for that position that Democrats went scurrying to find someone that could bring something up on him and this is all they could find a bunch of kids goofing off

Your fake news poll of liberal pukes means nothing.

It means the clock is ticking.

Tic-toc

I wonder how much further they will drop when the details come out.

I wonder how long I'll have already been on Social Security by the time "the details" come out.

Woman's had 36 years to make up a story, and this is all she's managed in that time. Probably take another 36 for her to invent details.

To be totally honest, I think this was planned out by operatives in the DNC. It was so carefully constructed so that no questions asked could ever be answered either way.

Did Mr. Kavanaugh do this to you?
Yes he did.

Did you do that to Mz Ford?
No I didn't.

What more can be asked about this? They can't ask about who threw the party, they can't ask any witnesses except Judge, they can't ask the parents (if still alive) where were they on that date because there is no date. They can't ask anything, and Ford could not have thought up this farce on her own.

Ford’s lawyers released a letter to committee chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), CNN reported, calling for an investigation to “ensure the crucial facts and witnesses in this matter are assessed in a non-partisan manner and that the committee is fully informed before conducting any hearing or making any decision.”

Speaking with CNN’s Anderson Cooper on Tuesday, attorney Lisa Banks reiterated that her client was “prepared to cooperate with the committee and with any law enforcement investigation.”

Christine Blasey Ford Calls On FBI To Investigate Kavanaugh Accusation Before Hearing

Good for her! Even Kavanaugh should want a thorough investigation - otherwise this cloud of doubt and suspicion will hang over him.
It is a wonder that she does not want the Judge to testifiy prior. This would give her a idea where he was at the time of the incident. This whole thing is the progressives have put her into a incident and they are going to have to make evidence fit the so called crime. What a bunch of crap.

Not only that, but she is demanding Ford not be questioned by lawyers. Okay, then WTF is going to question Kavanaugh on your side, our Senators?

Katz is doing everything possible to make the Republicans refuse their offer so they could claim Bully status. And saying that Kavanaugh needs to go first makes that obvious. What can Kavanugh say other than he doesn't know WTF this dingbat is talking about? There are no questions you can ask Kavanaugh unless you know what he's defending. Katz knows this quite well.

Then tell me, Hutch, what point would there be in bringing this up if the statutes of limitation have already expired? You can't charge him with a crime under state or federal law.

Honest question: What other reason would there be for it to be brought up? Political assassination perhaps?

WTF? Seriously?

You don't believe that if there is any validity to these claims that it would bring the character of the nominee into question at all?

As a woman who was a teenaged girl at the same time as Dr. Ford and Judge Kavanaugh, I don't believe so, either.

I knew a number of boys back then who were utter asshats, and was even clumsily and unwillingly groped by quite a few of them. I know a lot of those same men now, and they are nothing like that. In the intervening 36 years, they did this thing sane humans call "growing up".

It's called sexual assault, loser.

Holding a hand over her mouth to keep her quiet is not "clumsily groping".

Yeah, actually, it can be, when you're talking about a drunk teenaged boy in the 80s.

Why do you think attitudes toward sexual behavior and consent changed after that?

I realize you want to pretend THIS is different because XYZ, PDQ whatever, which just amounts to "This is different, because I want it to be!" I hate to break it to you, but I stand by my statement. Been in that exact position, didn't react at all like Ford at any point in the line.

wait...your moronic claim is that his actions should be excused (sexual assault??) because he was drunk and a teenager?

Are ya fucking braindead?

And what are you asking? That he be removed from this nomination when nobody could prove he did these things?

nothing is nothing. perhaps you could explain how you investigate nothing? I'll wait. I'm curios cause nothing = nothing.

That's pretty stupid.

A claim is made that something happened in a certain place at a certain time and that other people were present.

You think nothing can be ascertained? Witnesses can't be interviewed?

How stupid are you?

Get out of your myopic world for a minute.

Let's say that Kavanaugh or the Republicans found a women who claimed to have known Ford at that age. Her testimony is that Ford would sleep with anybody, and she was the school slut. Would you accept that as credible evidence even though that can't be proven?

Forum List

Back