Kavanaugh Official Merge for Oct 2nd, 2018

Given the circumstances, did the judge show admirable restraint?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
-Yes, she ran for public office. Just as Kavanaugh is now. I see you are smart enough to NOT try to deny that the courtesy you are now asking for Kavanaugh is not one you granted Clinton or Obama.
- As to the rest. I don't think you can sue a company for not hiring someone who they have reason to believe committed sexual assault. You could possibly have a libel suit against the person that accuses you. But the company is free to reject you on the basis of not liking the way you dress, let alone suspected sexual assault.

Then you better guess again. Your past employer cannot even say anything negative about you other than proven facts. If he or she does, you could sue them.

Nobody other than the voters tried to stop Hillary from taking the job of President. She had an illegal unsecured server, had classified and confidential information on it that the Chinese now have. She paid for the research of Trump that her FBI used against him and his team.

You see, these are called facts.
Also a fact, the FBI director himself said that no prosecutor would pursue this. Something that events have born out. And despite no prosecution you still assume she was guilty of a crime. As to the FBI, first the opposition paper was first commissioned by someone of the GOP. The FBI is OBLIGATED to pursue a case were someone might be compromised by a foreign power.

Oh please, Comey was just as much on her team than anybody. Can you name one other time an FBI director told the AG how to do her job? That's not what the FBI does. The FBI investigates and hands the results to the AG--not tell her what to do with it.

Somebody had to get Lynch off the hook. There was no way not to proceed with charges against Hillary with those results. Or do you find it just a coincidence that Lynch said she would do whatever the FBI suggested well ahead of time? Like I said, it's never been done before, so HTF would she know the director was going to make such a recommendation in the first place?
Hey Comey isn't the head of the FBI anymore. And if you think I believe Trump and the Republicans would not JUMP at the chance to get Clinton indicted if they could make it stick, you must think I'm the dumbest member of USMB.

Hey, you brought up Comey first--not me. We were discussing when she was running for President.

I'm sure the Republicans would go after Hillary if they could, but it's bad optics. It's not good before any election. It's old news and the voters would turn against Trump and the Republicans like the voters will likely turn against the Democrats now.
It would galvanize the base even more. Few things more effective for riling up the base than Clinton. Optics have nothing to do with it.

For one, she said she couldn't make it on Monday because she's afraid to fly. When she testified, she testified that not only did she fly there, but she's flown all over the place. The woman has had a passport for many years. So why did she say she was afraid of flying? Because the goal is to stall this all long as possible.

She said she had three witnesses; one of them who is considered a lifelong friend. All three said she was FOS.

She said while going to the bathroom, one of the two pushed her into a bedroom, and Judge turned up the music to drown out her screaming. Who plays music in an empty bedroom while hosting a party?

She said there were four other people at this party. She changed that to four people and some girls.

She can't remember who hosted the party, but explicitly remembers she only had one beer?

She ran into Judge after the supposed attack. Instead of turning around and walking out the door, she approached him. She said he was less than friendly to her. WTF is sexually attacked, almost raped, and approaches one of their attackers and tries to make friends with him?
-No, when she testified she said she was hoping to avoid flying by having the committee come to her. The motive you put on her is the exact thing you accuse you Democrats of. You ASSUME guilt.
-Do you remember every party you attended in your life? I sure as hell don't. The only thing the other people claim, in a letter by the way is that they don't remember this party. Perfectly understandable if nothing happened to them in that particular party. I don't count Judge, since he would be admitting to being an accessory to a crime.
- The rest seems perfectly consistent as to memory works in traumatic circumstances. For instance I remember vividly the day my mother died 21 years ago. I remember were I was when I was made aware of it. I remember trying to resuscitate her. I remember the feeling of panic. I remember lots of details. I don't remember the date, what day it was, what I had for lunch, the face of the doctor, how many people were there. I remember vividly our living room floor covered whith wraps of needles. This is how memory works. That day stood out to me in my life and I don't remember ANY days of when I was 17 but that one. But the memory of that day is full of holes.

Right, because she only remembered the important stuff like how many beers she drank.

And thanks for bringing up that other hole--she was waiting for them to come to her. They offered to come to her long before they laid the deadline. Now if you're going to tell me she didn't know that they made the offer--her lawyers didn't know they made the offer, she never watched the media or read the newspapers to know they made the offer, then you must think I'm the dumbest member on USMB.
-In the scheme of things how important is it for me remembering the mess the ambulance people left on the floor after they were done? I'll ask you honestly to think back on something traumatic in your life and try to remember. You will find that you remember the most important things and probably a few inane details just like Ford.
-At best it's not so much a hole as proof that she wanted to stop Kavanaugh from being nominated. She readily admits to that.
I did, and I remember the address! And I know the dude was arrested! Actual trauma leaves prints in the brain. Mine was 45 years ago. I remember like it was yesterday! You know what I can’t remember? His name or what he looks like. I called the cops who took him away, and no records
That's my point. I remember some things vividly and other things have just faded. Ray is claiming that because the recollection is spotty that means it's untrue. I'm saying that if something traumatic happens there is no telling what will imprint and what won't.

The human mind remembers the most relevant things of a bad situation. That's because when something bad happens to anybody, they replay the story over and over in their heads; sometimes for many years. You instinctively try to figure out if you could have done something different.

In your case with your mother, you don't remember other things because there was nothing you could have done to change the situation or outcome. However in Ford's case, she had to ask herself why did she go to that party, who invited her, who threw the party, things like that. If this really happened, I'm sure she remembers all that.

The problem is if she ever revealed what she remembered (if it did happen) it would leave clues for investigators to go on. They could go back to the house, back to the person who's house it was at the time, back to who brought her there and why, back to how she called for a ride home and gave the location of where she was. Too many leads.

Punch back twice as hard.

Sen. Bill Cassidy (R., La.) tweeted on Tuesday that a “criminal referral should be sent to the FBI” after Julie Swetnick backtracked on some allegations she levied against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh in a sworn statement.

Swetnick’s attorney, Michael Avenatti, provided the Senate with her sworn statement in which she alleged Kavanaugh was complicit in “gang rape” parties in the 1980s. Swetnick, however, appeared to backtrack on some of her initial claims in an interview with NBC on Monday night.

“A criminal referral should be sent to the FBI/DOJ regarding the apparently false affidavit signed by Julie Swetnick that was submitted to the Senate by @MichaelAvenatti,” Cassidy tweeted.

Keep reading…

For one, she said she couldn't make it on Monday because she's afraid to fly. When she testified, she testified that not only did she fly there, but she's flown all over the place. The woman has had a passport for many years. So why did she say she was afraid of flying? Because the goal is to stall this all long as possible.

She said she had three witnesses; one of them who is considered a lifelong friend. All three said she was FOS.

She said while going to the bathroom, one of the two pushed her into a bedroom, and Judge turned up the music to drown out her screaming. Who plays music in an empty bedroom while hosting a party?

She said there were four other people at this party. She changed that to four people and some girls.

She can't remember who hosted the party, but explicitly remembers she only had one beer?

She ran into Judge after the supposed attack. Instead of turning around and walking out the door, she approached him. She said he was less than friendly to her. WTF is sexually attacked, almost raped, and approaches one of their attackers and tries to make friends with him?
-No, when she testified she said she was hoping to avoid flying by having the committee come to her. The motive you put on her is the exact thing you accuse you Democrats of. You ASSUME guilt.
-Do you remember every party you attended in your life? I sure as hell don't. The only thing the other people claim, in a letter by the way is that they don't remember this party. Perfectly understandable if nothing happened to them in that particular party. I don't count Judge, since he would be admitting to being an accessory to a crime.
- The rest seems perfectly consistent as to memory works in traumatic circumstances. For instance I remember vividly the day my mother died 21 years ago. I remember were I was when I was made aware of it. I remember trying to resuscitate her. I remember the feeling of panic. I remember lots of details. I don't remember the date, what day it was, what I had for lunch, the face of the doctor, how many people were there. I remember vividly our living room floor covered whith wraps of needles. This is how memory works. That day stood out to me in my life and I don't remember ANY days of when I was 17 but that one. But the memory of that day is full of holes.

Right, because she only remembered the important stuff like how many beers she drank.

And thanks for bringing up that other hole--she was waiting for them to come to her. They offered to come to her long before they laid the deadline. Now if you're going to tell me she didn't know that they made the offer--her lawyers didn't know they made the offer, she never watched the media or read the newspapers to know they made the offer, then you must think I'm the dumbest member on USMB.
-In the scheme of things how important is it for me remembering the mess the ambulance people left on the floor after they were done? I'll ask you honestly to think back on something traumatic in your life and try to remember. You will find that you remember the most important things and probably a few inane details just like Ford.
-At best it's not so much a hole as proof that she wanted to stop Kavanaugh from being nominated. She readily admits to that.
I did, and I remember the address! And I know the dude was arrested! Actual trauma leaves prints in the brain. Mine was 45 years ago. I remember like it was yesterday! You know what I can’t remember? His name or what he looks like. I called the cops who took him away, and no records
That's my point. I remember some things vividly and other things have just faded. Ray is claiming that because the recollection is spotty that means it's untrue. I'm saying that if something traumatic happens there is no telling what will imprint and what won't.
I have classmates who were there. I don’t remember them either, only the teacher and she was a victim too. With a yearbook maybe I find one maybe two who were there. I actually didn’t do anything with it once I got out. Went to my next class. But, I remember where. I’ll never forget that

Which makes the point that it is to be discounted. Don't be an idiot.
Really??? Just because I don't remember what day it was when my mother died, should I discount what I do remember of that day? Or that I'm wrong that after they were done the floor was full of wraps from needles?

Then you better guess again. Your past employer cannot even say anything negative about you other than proven facts. If he or she does, you could sue them.

Nobody other than the voters tried to stop Hillary from taking the job of President. She had an illegal unsecured server, had classified and confidential information on it that the Chinese now have. She paid for the research of Trump that her FBI used against him and his team.

You see, these are called facts.
Also a fact, the FBI director himself said that no prosecutor would pursue this. Something that events have born out. And despite no prosecution you still assume she was guilty of a crime. As to the FBI, first the opposition paper was first commissioned by someone of the GOP. The FBI is OBLIGATED to pursue a case were someone might be compromised by a foreign power.

Oh please, Comey was just as much on her team than anybody. Can you name one other time an FBI director told the AG how to do her job? That's not what the FBI does. The FBI investigates and hands the results to the AG--not tell her what to do with it.

Somebody had to get Lynch off the hook. There was no way not to proceed with charges against Hillary with those results. Or do you find it just a coincidence that Lynch said she would do whatever the FBI suggested well ahead of time? Like I said, it's never been done before, so HTF would she know the director was going to make such a recommendation in the first place?
Hey Comey isn't the head of the FBI anymore. And if you think I believe Trump and the Republicans would not JUMP at the chance to get Clinton indicted if they could make it stick, you must think I'm the dumbest member of USMB.

Hey, you brought up Comey first--not me. We were discussing when she was running for President.

I'm sure the Republicans would go after Hillary if they could, but it's bad optics. It's not good before any election. It's old news and the voters would turn against Trump and the Republicans like the voters will likely turn against the Democrats now.
It would galvanize the base even more. Few things more effective for riling up the base than Clinton. Optics have nothing to do with it.

Sure it does. I wouldn't even be happy about it. We have much better things to do with our time like moving the country forward. It's not like we're going to have this kind of leadership forever. Make every day count. Get as much done as we can before the pendulum swings the other way.

The human mind remembers the most relevant things of a bad situation. That's because when something bad happens to anybody, they replay the story over and over in their heads; sometimes for many years. You instinctively try to figure out if you could have done something different.

In your case with your mother, you don't remember other things because there was nothing you could have done to change the situation or outcome. However in Ford's case, she had to ask herself why did she go to that party, who invited her, who threw the party, things like that. If this really happened, I'm sure she remembers all that.

The problem is if she ever revealed what she remembered (if it did happen) it would leave clues for investigators to go on. They could go back to the house, back to the person who's house it was at the time, back to who brought her there and why, back to how she called for a ride home and gave the location of where she was. Too many leads.
Exactly

I have classmates who were there. I don’t remember them either, only the teacher and she was a victim too. With a yearbook maybe I find one maybe two who were there. I actually didn’t do anything with it once I got out. Went to my next class. But, I remember where. I’ll never forget that
And she remembers who it was. Both of you have different things that stood out. Why would that be inconsistent?

Exactly
You just said in your case you didn't even remember the guys name. Pretty relevant to a bad situation.

Really??? Just because I don't remember what day it was when my mother died, should I discount what I do remember of that day? Or that I'm wrong that after they were done the floor was full of wraps from needles?
Dude my mom passed this year and I don’t know the exact day without looking it up. However, my first wife passed away September 3, 1991 and I will never forget that day, it was more traumatic for me, my daughter was 10. My life sucked for five years. Traumatized does something to yourself

She described parts of the layout of the house. She remembered seeing Judge working at some supermarket a few weeks later. Little leads like that?

Mitch McConnell: FBI report on Brett Kavanaugh won’t be made public

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says the FBI’s investigation into sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh won’t be made public, and instead will only be allowed to be viewed by senators before a vote is held this week.

“Only senators will be allowed to look at it,” McConnell said at a Tuesday news conference of the FBI’s report, which Republicans have demanded be wrapped up by Friday.

You are paying for it but you cant see it.

Sounds like a banana republic to me.

I'm sure the democrats won't hesitate to leak what they want leaked.

Inspired here: So here's what I think happened between Kavanaugh & Ford

Maybe

But I think it was more than just a dry hump for fun

He tried to remove her clothes but she had a bathing suit on underneath and he gave up
Did she fight him off hard? Or was she drunk too and giggling/play pushing him off of her?

I've seen many drunk girls at parties in the 1980s. I can tell you that a girl going to a party with the intent of getting drunk around a bunch of horny young guys also getting drunk KNOWS the situation she's willingly walking into. Ladies, don't go to bawdy parties with horny young guys getting drunk, get drunk yourself, and then not anticipate some "rubbing up against you" or serious efforts to get into your panties.

Why is nobody talking about how the judge stopped undressing the girl and walked away instead of actually raping her? He showed restraint while young and drunk with a young drunk girl in front of him who came to the party with an inkling that horny young drunk men would be there attentive to her sexual attractiveness?

Come here, come here come here....get away, get away, get away...come here come here come here... etc.

So did he show restraint by stopping, drunk, young, male and horny with a drunk party girl in front of him? Discuss

Um, pulling a girl into a room against her will, holding her down as she tried to get up, covering her mouth when she tried to scream to the extent that she thought he might inadvertantly kill her and trying to remove her clothes is not 'restraint'.

And if your daughter were similarly assaulted, I would hope she is believed.
And, if your son is accused of a sexual crime from a woman/girl with as little evidence as this, I want you to side with the accuser,
and not with your son.

If it were my son, I'd be responding emotionally. Not rationally

And I certainly wouldn't demean the girl by calling her a 'party slut'. If conservatives think this kind of naked misogeny is going to endear them to women voters, November may well prove them wrong.
But, you would still believe the woman, right? The women voters know just what is going on with this debacle. They really aren't that stupid, and with common sense has seen through this politcal game from the democrats. Make no mistake about that.

Mitch McConnell: FBI report on Brett Kavanaugh won’t be made public

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says the FBI’s investigation into sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh won’t be made public, and instead will only be allowed to be viewed by senators before a vote is held this week.

“Only senators will be allowed to look at it,” McConnell said at a Tuesday news conference of the FBI’s report, which Republicans have demanded be wrapped up by Friday.

You are paying for it but you cant see it.

Sounds like a banana republic to me.

Hmmm,

WASHINGTON— If lawmakers really want to ferret out the scope of sexual harassment within their ranks—and crack down on the bad actors—they will have to change an obscure federal law that currently keeps complaints and settlements private.

Who in Congress has been accused of sexual harassment? That's ‘strictly confidential’

Dude my mom passed this year and I don’t know the exact day without looking it up. However, my first wife passed away September 3, 1991 and I will never forget that day, it was more traumatic for me, my daughter was 10. My life sucked for five years. Traumatized does something to yourself
Of course it does. My point is been all along that the memory of a traumatic day is both spotty and very vivid. Nothing you have said seems to discount that.

Exactly
You just said in your case you didn't even remember the guys name. Pretty relevant to a bad situation.
I didn’t know him. Never met him. 45 years ago you moved on

Of course it does. My point is been all along that the memory of a traumatic day is both spotty and very vivid. Nothing you have said seems to discount that.
I never forgot where. All I’m saying. Yet she remembers someone she didn’t know when it happened. Nope. Sorry.

Inspired here: So here's what I think happened between Kavanaugh & Ford

Maybe

But I think it was more than just a dry hump for fun

He tried to remove her clothes but she had a bathing suit on underneath and he gave up
Did she fight him off hard? Or was she drunk too and giggling/play pushing him off of her?

I've seen many drunk girls at parties in the 1980s. I can tell you that a girl going to a party with the intent of getting drunk around a bunch of horny young guys also getting drunk KNOWS the situation she's willingly walking into. Ladies, don't go to bawdy parties with horny young guys getting drunk, get drunk yourself, and then not anticipate some "rubbing up against you" or serious efforts to get into your panties.

Why is nobody talking about how the judge stopped undressing the girl and walked away instead of actually raping her? He showed restraint while young and drunk with a young drunk girl in front of him who came to the party with an inkling that horny young drunk men would be there attentive to her sexual attractiveness?

Come here, come here come here....get away, get away, get away...come here come here come here... etc.

So did he show restraint by stopping, drunk, young, male and horny with a drunk party girl in front of him? Discuss

Um, pulling a girl into a room against her will, holding her down as she tried to get up, covering her mouth when she tried to scream to the extent that she thought he might inadvertantly kill her and trying to remove her clothes is not 'restraint'.

And if your daughter were similarly assaulted, I would hope she is believed.
And, if your son is accused of a sexual crime from a woman/girl with as little evidence as this, I want you to side with the accuser,
and not with your son.

If it were my son, I'd be responding emotionally. Not rationally

And I certainly wouldn't demean the girl by calling her a 'party slut'. If conservatives think this kind of naked misogeny is going to endear them to women voters, November may well prove them wrong.
But, you would still believe the woman, right? The women voters know just what is going on with this debacle. They really aren't that stupid, and with common sense has seen through this politcal game from the democrats. Make no mistake about that.

Then why do more women believe Ford than Kavanaugh?

By large margins.

And with Kavanaugh caught lying under oath repeatedly, why would he be credible?

She described parts of the layout of the house. She remembered seeing Judge working at some supermarket a few weeks later. Little leads like that?
Dude, 90% of two story houses have that layout

Forum List

Back