Keene NH restaurant name judged "offensive"

Pho Keene Great is a fuckin' great name. Where else could you do that? "Pho Dubuque Great" just doesn't have the same pizzazz. "Pho Sausalito Great"? Doesn't work.

Keene should deem their city manager "offensive".

I like how the clueless Fox Noise link asks "but what are they gonna do with all those T-shirts?" Probably raise the price sinct those T-shirts just spiked in value thanks to this city move, DUH.

just change it to "keene pho" and have a nice day.

gawd

Pho Keene Great is a fuckin' great name. Where else could you do that? "Pho Dubuque Great" just doesn't have the same pizzazz. "Pho Sausalito Great"? Doesn't work.

I like how the clueless Fox Noise link asks "but what are they gonna do with all those T-shirts?" Probably raise the price sinct those T-shirts just spiked in value thanks to this city move, DUH.
Putting it on your t-shirt is a bit different than naming a restaurant that.

Putting it on your t-shirt is a bit different than naming a restaurant that.

It is. Which makes me wonder if that Fox Noise writer bothered to read his own line.

Phuket_Im_going_to_Bangkok_Organic_Mens_T-Shirt_300x300.jpg

They could change it like Burger King; Keene Pho King.

They have to change the name of their restaurant because Pho King Keene can't deal with it.

Although seems to me they could just re-arrange the sign so it's still there and dolts like the city manager would be too dim to find it.

In fact, they could name it what you just posted --- "Pho King (Keene)". So as not to be confuserated with "Pho King Hanover".

It's said that Australia got the criminals and we got the Puritans. Clearly Australia got the better end of that deal.

That's going a bit far, don't you think? I don't blame Keene at all.

I agree with you on both counts. I do however like the originality and credit the owners for generating such pre-opening publicity. And I imagine this unofficial name is sure to stick with many of their future patrons.

Yet another example of an SJW Crybully with a chafed labia crushing all the humor out of human interactions.

Interesting how you can see labia but this is partly a cultural-regional thing. This kind of city mismanagement would never happen if Keene were in the West.
I remember Keene fondly from my misspent youth, did a lot of good drugs there, violated a lot of rules. Basically had fun although more snow than even I wanted to deal with. It's a college town, iirc, but it has a certain decorum, as New Hampshire goes. Everything is relative.
The restaurant's name was cute but only a carnival would allow that kind of "joke."
Totally not classy, Pogo. I'm surprised at you.

Yet another example of an SJW Crybully with a chafed labia crushing all the humor out of human interactions.

Interesting how you can see labia but this is partly a cultural-regional thing. This kind of city mismanagement would never happen if Keene were in the West.
I remember Keene fondly from my misspent youth, did a lot of good drugs there, violated a lot of rules. Basically had fun although more snow than even I wanted to deal with. It's a college town, iirc, but it has a certain decorum, as New Hampshire goes. Everything is relative.
The restaurant's name was cute but only a carnival would allow that kind of "joke."

"Not classy"? :wtf:
It's my observation that the culture of the West is far less hung up on this puritannical shit than the east is. Just empirical observation from travel.

Case in point --- here's one in Utah.

fanektrw29211.jpg

"Not classy"? :wtf:
It's my observation that the culture of the West is far less hung up on this puritannical shit than the east is. Just empirical observation from travel.

Case in point --- here's one in Utah.

fanektrw29211.jpg
Can't help myself, Pogo. You know I am what I yam. Cold old Maine Puritan stock. This is New England, remember?

The HUMORLESS Killjoys have spread themselves across the country. Yes, I can see this happening quiet easily here in the Bay Area, or the equivalent (i.e. somebody poking fun a GAYS).

The name doesn't bother me.

I understand the city's side of the issue, though I don't agree with their actions... Truthfully, I'd be willing to bet that most Americans did not know how to pronounce "Pho" until this story "broke". I wonder if the revelation of the correct pronunciation will lead other community know-it-alls to "encourage" change...

At this point, the owner ought to change the sign to "PKG" while she continues to hawk her tchotchkes upon which the restaurant's full name is emblazoned...

Forum List

Back