🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Keep It In The Ground Act

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Holy shit!

Mr. Merkley (for himself, Mr. Cardin, Mr. Sanders, Mrs. Boxer, Mrs. Gillibrand, Mr. Leahy, and Ms. Warren) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources

A Bill To prohibit drilling in the outer Continental Shelf, to prohibit coal leases on Federal land, and for other purposes.

(a) Findings.—Congress finds that—

(1) from 1880 through 2014, global temperatures have increased by about 0.9 degrees Celsius;

(2) the vast majority of global warming that has occurred over the past 50 years was due to human activities, primarily the burning of fossil fuels;

And so forth and so on.

So Merkley, et al. propose this:

(2) the Federal Government should pursue management of Federal land and waters for the benefit of the people of the United States by not issuing any new lease or renewing any nonproducing lease for coal, oil, or natural gas in any Federal land or waters.

Holy shit!

Mr. Merkley (for himself, Mr. Cardin, Mr. Sanders, Mrs. Boxer, Mrs. Gillibrand, Mr. Leahy, and Ms. Warren) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources

A Bill To prohibit drilling in the outer Continental Shelf, to prohibit coal leases on Federal land, and for other purposes.

(1) from 1880 through 2014, global temperatures have increased by about 0.9 degrees Celsius;

(2) the vast majority of global warming that has occurred over the past 50 years was due to human activities, primarily the burning of fossil fuels;

And so forth and so on.

(2) the Federal Government should pursue management of Federal land and waters for the benefit of the people of the United States by not issuing any new lease or renewing any nonproducing lease for coal, oil, or natural gas in any Federal land or waters.

Is he referring to oil, coal, and natural gas

or his head?

This is one of those times it really sucks Obama and the Dems screwed up so baldy they lost control of Congress. :p

Holy shit!

And so forth and so on.

Is he referring to oil, coal, and natural gas

or his head?

(some jokes write themselves)

It is coming, whether most people know it or not.

The only way to avert the coming disaster is to keep the carbon in the ground. Now, if the energy industry or the government were to fund and come up with a device that removed the carbon and CO2 from burning coal, oil, and natural gas before it entered the atmosphere, GREAT. Problem also solved. The only thing that will work is keeping the carbon, in the form of CO2, from entering the atmosphere. It doesn't matter how that is done. If we can figure out how to do that then problem solved and we can burn away.

If anyone can post up a link where the energy industry is working towards such goals and devices please do.

Otherwise the point is mute. And it doesn't matter if most people don't understand this is the reality. It is the reality.

The only way to avert the coming disaster is to keep the carbon in the ground. Now, if the energy industry or the government were to fund and come up with a device that removed the carbon and CO2 from burning coal, oil, and natural gas before it entered the atmosphere, GREAT. Problem also solved. The only thing that will work is keeping the carbon, in the form of CO2, from entering the atmosphere. It doesn't matter how that is done. If we can figure out how to do that then problem solved and we can burn away.

If anyone can post up a link where the energy industry is working towards such goals and devices please do.

Otherwise the point is mute. And it doesn't matter if most people don't understand this is the reality. It is the reality.

Let us know when you are moving to a cave. We'll miss you.

Let us know when you are moving to a cave. We'll miss you.

Hope he knows how to make candles out of animal fat.

Yes, eventually the energy systems of the world will be changed over to a 100% renewable method. The CO2 will continue to rise. The temp will continue to drop. And the idiots, like you, who pushed for the idiocy, will freeze to death because the heaters in your homes won't work. Great job!

Yes, eventually the energy systems of the world will be changed over to a 100% renewable method. The CO2 will continue to rise. The temp will continue to drop. And the idiots, like you, who pushed for the idiocy, will freeze to death because the heaters in your homes won't work. Great job!

You have an active imagination, twisted, but active. Any unicorns in your fantasies?

Wow Isaac you just ruined my day. I had given you high marks for your great postings about attack back at Islam. Now you go and sidle up with GW wackos? I am going to have to hunt the board and remove all the WINNER tags I put on you. I thought you were one of the smart ones?

Wow Isaac you just ruined my day. I had given you high marks for your great postings about attack back at Islam. Now you go and sidle up with GW wackos? I am going to have to hunt the board and remove all the WINNER tags I put on you. I thought you were one of the smart ones?

I'm always glad to disappoint people.

I don't live in a box dobey, though you have a great need to put people in boxes and close the lid tight.

Real life isn't black and white it is in color.

You have an active imagination, twisted, but active. Any unicorns in your fantasies?

Of course. THINKING people have imaginations! And everyone knows that unicorn farts are what power the progressive mind! What's that old saying, "what has been seen, can't be unseen!"

2wecb4o.png

I don't live in a box dobey, though you have a great need to put people in boxes and close the lid tight.

If there is even a slight man-made cause to GW what you think"they" will do about it? Take more money from us? hand it out to "them and themselves"? USA is clean compared to China India Africa etc. What you want to do? Shut down the country? Solar Cars? Horses? How do you heat cool your home? Natural Gas, Coal, oil? you want to freeze? It is always nice to cut down on pollution and we already do that.

Holy shit!

And so forth and so on.

Buncha morons!
How many nuke plants do these fuckin' cretins want us to build instead? LOL!

If there is even a slight man-made cause to GW what you think"they" will do about it? Take more money from us? hand it out to "them and themselves"? USA is clean compared to China India Africa etc. What you want to do? Shut down the country? Solar Cars? Horses? How do you heat cool your home? Natural Gas, Coal, oil? you want to freeze? It is always nice to cut down on pollution and we already do that.

Last one for this thread.

The isotope of CO2 from burning fossil fuels is different than the isotope of naturally occurring CO2.

The carbon cycle, like all natural cycles, was in equilibrium until 1750. Then the CO2 started rising in the atmosphere because of the burning of trees, which are made of carbon, in large number by human. This has continued to increase the last 250 years adding in coal, oil, and natural gas. Additional CO2 that is emitted into the atmosphere every year is 35 billion tons.

The debate on this ended 15 years ago among scientists. We know Global Warming is real and accelerating. The denial industry spends billions trying to confuse people and they have had success because people naturally don't want to believe such a large and scary thing is happening. Cognitive dissonance has been harnessed by the denial industry.

It is all mute.

Soon enough the whole human race is going to be faced with something it has never seen. And it won't be pleasant by any stretch of the imagination. A new mass extinction has already started.

Last one for this thread.

The isotope of CO2 from burning fossil fuels is different than the isotope of naturally occurring CO2.

The carbon cycle, like all natural cycles, was in equilibrium until 1750. Then the CO2 started rising in the atmosphere because of the burning of trees, which are made of carbon, in large number by human. This has continued to increase the last 250 years adding in coal, oil, and natural gas. Additional CO2 that is emitted into the atmosphere every year is 35 billion tons.

The debate on this ended 15 years ago among scientists. We know Global Warming is real and accelerating. The denial industry spends billions trying to confuse people and they have had success because people naturally don't want to believe such a large and scary thing is happening. Cognitive dissonance has been harnessed by the denial industry.

It is all mute.

Soon enough the whole human race is going to be faced with something it has never seen. And it won't be pleasant by any stretch of the imagination. A new mass extinction has already started.

Really? Care to post a link to that supposed fact.

Forum List

Back