Keep Nazi analogies out of gun debate, says who? JEWS

Here is a good article...Most States Keep Gun Permit Data Under Wraps

I am for gun registration AND keeping that information confidential. I would support legislation to mandate that information be confidential...NOW what?

I have an agenda? Yes I do. It is the same agenda I've had ever since I was old enough to know right from wrong. It is the same agenda that is behind everything I post: The health and well being of my family, my neighbors, my countrymen and all human beings on our planet. To be able to fully exercise the inalienable rights endowed by our Creator, among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Too many of our fellow citizens are having those rights extinguished by a bullet. It is time to take back our communities from the gun lobbyists and gun manufacturers who have NO regard for those fellow citizens having those rights extinguished by a bullet. And the goofs who want to dress up like Rambo and shoot up tree stumps or targets.

What is YOUR agenda?

We both live in NY and know that State Law here, requires Registration. We are in agreement there, and also in that the Information should remain privileged and confidential. You lost me on the 7 round clip limit, knowing that most semi-Auto's are a violation of that low standard. Dirt-bag approach. NY needs to focus less on the Empire Mentality, and more on the trust it's people lend it. NRA History is strongly Pro Law and Order, by consent. You are blind to that, and you paint a very distorted picture of your opposition.

New York Governor Favors Easing Newly Passed Gun Law

I see you didn't read the article I posted. Here is an embedded article in that link: License To Carry - Sun Sentinel

Here is another written by a man who was the chief White House ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush...The N.R.A. Protection Racket

The NRA believes that you have the right to park your car on my property with a loaded weapon in the glove-box, and I don't have the right to know about that weapon. THAT infringes on my rights, my security, my families security and puts me and my family at risk of being shot on my own property.

I believe you have a very naive picture of the NRA, gun lobbyists and gun manufacturers.

You have a very naive picture of what you support. I heard your argument before by numerous anti gun people it's a carbon copy.

Bfgrn Joe Biden has a message for you.

[ame=http://youtu.be/hzHmp28L6KY]Caught on Camera: Joe Biden Admits Gun Control Will Not Stop Mass Shootings or Save Lives - YouTube[/ame]

We both live in NY and know that State Law here, requires Registration. We are in agreement there, and also in that the Information should remain privileged and confidential. You lost me on the 7 round clip limit, knowing that most semi-Auto's are a violation of that low standard. Dirt-bag approach. NY needs to focus less on the Empire Mentality, and more on the trust it's people lend it. NRA History is strongly Pro Law and Order, by consent. You are blind to that, and you paint a very distorted picture of your opposition.

I see you didn't read the article I posted. Here is an embedded article in that link: License To Carry - Sun Sentinel

Here is another written by a man who was the chief White House ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush...The N.R.A. Protection Racket

The NRA believes that you have the right to park your car on my property with a loaded weapon in the glove-box, and I don't have the right to know about that weapon. THAT infringes on my rights, my security, my families security and puts me and my family at risk of being shot on my own property.

I believe you have a very naive picture of the NRA, gun lobbyists and gun manufacturers.

You have a very naive picture of what you support. I heard your argument before by numerous anti gun people it's a carbon copy.

The truth has a way of spreading.

The truth has a way of spreading.

There is no truth too your argument just lies.
If you want to support a racist agenda knock yourself out, but leave me and mine alone.

It's actually only offensive to the gun controllers. However, thieves are offended when you call them thieves.

zZK1wvu.png

JTA is the definitive, trusted global source of breaking news, investigative reporting, in-depth
analysis, opinion and features on current events and issues of interest to the Jewish people.

ADL calls on conservatives to keep Nazi analogies out of gun debate

WASHINGTON (JTA) -- The Anti-Defamation League called on conservatives to keep Nazi analogies out of the gun control debate.

"The idea that supporters of gun control are doing something akin to what Hitler’s Germany did to strip citizens of guns in the run-up to the Second World War is historically inaccurate and offensive, especially to Holocaust survivors and their families," Abraham Foxman, ADL's national director, said Thursday in a statement.

The statement cited the proliferation of such arguments among gun control opponents in the wake of calls for greater gun controls after last month's massacre of first graders in Connecticut by a lone gunman.

The Drudge Report headlined the White House's announcement of such proposals with mug shots of Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin and an array of conservative pundits have claimed that the Holocaust would not have been inevitable had Jews been able to bear arms.

The instances in which Jews managed to obtain arms, as they did in the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising of 1943, were symbolically important but would not have headed off the Nazi machine, the ADL said.

"Gun control did not cause the Holocaust," it said. "Nazism and anti-Semitism did."

The Anti-Defamation League was founded in 1913 "to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all." Now the nation's premier civil rights/human relations agency, ADL fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, defends democratic ideals and protects civil rights for all.

ADL Press Release

However, gun nuts are offended when you call them gun nuts.

dunno what you're talking about... I don't mind it if you call me a gun nut...

There is also a large group of Jews who want it in the debate, like myself. Here is our organization:

Jews For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership

No Guns for Jews, Part One - YouTube

adllogo.png

The Anti-Defamation League, founded in 1913, is the world's leading organization fighting anti-Semitism through programs and services that counteract hatred, prejudice and bigotry.

ADL Says Nazi Analogies Have No Place In Gun Control Debate

Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director and a Holocaust survivor. “The idea that supporters of gun control are doing something akin to what Hitler’s Germany did to strip citizens of guns in the run-up to the Second World War is historically inaccurate and offensive, especially to Holocaust survivors and their families.”

Several national pundits and others outside of politics in recent weeks have compared the issue of gun control in the U.S. to actions taken by the Nazi regime. Some have suggested that President Obama’s proposals are reminiscent of Hitler’s gun-control policy. Others have argued that if the victims of the Holocaust had better access to guns, the Nazi regime would not have been able to systematically murder six million Jews and millions of others in the Holocaust.

According to ADL, the small number of personal firearms in the hands of the small number of Germany’s Jews (about 214,000) remaining in Germany in 1938 could in no way have stopped the totalitarian power of the Nazi German state. When they had weapons, Jews could symbolically resist, as they did in the 1943 Warsaw Ghetto Uprising and elsewhere, but could not stop the Nazi genocide machine.

Gun control did not cause the Holocaust; Nazism and anti-Semitism did.

ADL Says Nazi Analogies Have No Place In Gun Control Debate

Hitler Joins Gun Control Debate, But History Is In Dispute

In reality, scholars say, Hitler loosened the tight gun laws that governed Germany after World War I, even as he barred Jews from owning weapons and moved to confiscate them.

Advocates who cite Hitler in the current U.S. debate overlook that Jews in 1930s Germany were a very small population, owned few guns before the Nazis took control, and lived under a dictatorship commanding overwhelming public support and military might, historians say. While it doesn't fit neatly into the modern-day gun debate, they say, the truth is that for all Hitler's unquestionably evil acts, his firearms laws likely made no difference in Jews' very tenuous odds of survival.

"Objectively, it might have made things worse" if the Jews who fought the Nazis in the 1943 Warsaw ghetto uprising in Poland had more and better guns, said historian Steve Paulsson, an expert on the period whose Jewish family survived the city's destruction.

But comparisons between a push by gun control advocates in the U.S. and Hitler have become so common – in online comments and letters to newspaper editors, at gun rights protests and in public forums – they're often asserted as fact, rather than argument.

Soon after Hitler was named chancellor in 1933, he used the arson of the Reichstag as an excuse to push through a decree allowing for the arrest of many Communists and the suspension of civil rights including protections from search and seizure. But as the Nazis increasingly targeted Jews and others they considered enemies, they moved in 1938 to loosen gun statutes for the loyal majority, said Bernard Harcourt, a University of Chicago professor of law and political science who has studied gun regulations under Hitler.

The 1938 law is best known for barring Jews from owning weapons, after which the Nazis confiscated guns from Jewish homes. But Harcourt points out that Hitler's gun law otherwise completely deregulated acquisition of rifles, long guns and ammunition. It exempted many groups from requiring permits. The law lowered the age for legal gun ownership from 20 to 18. And it extended the validity of gun permits from one year to three years.

"To suggest that the targeting of Jews in any of the gun regulations or any of the other regulations is somehow tied to Nazis' view of guns is entirely misleading," Harcourt said, "because the Nazis believed in a greater deregulation of firearms. Firearms were viewed, for the good German, were something to which they had rights."

With the 1938 law, Nazis seized guns from Jewish homes. But few Jews owned guns and they composed just 2 percent of the population in a country that strongly backed Hitler. By the time the law passed, Jews were so marginalized and spread among so many cities, there was no possibility of them putting up meaningful resistance, even with guns, said Robert Gellately, a professor of history at Florida State University and author of "Backing Hitler: Consent and Coercion in Nazi Germany."

U.S. gun rights advocates disagree, pointing to the 1943 Warsaw ghetto uprising by about 700 armed Jews who were able to fend off a much larger force of German troops for days until retreating to tunnels or fleeing. The Nazis won out by systematically burning the ghetto to the ground, house by house.

"Once the Germans began adopting that strategy there really wasn't very much that people armed with pistols, or even rifles and machine guns, could do," said Paulsson, the historian and author of "Secret City: The Hidden Jews of Warsaw."

Paulsson said it is possible that if Polish Jews had limited their resistance, Nazi troops might not have destroyed the ghetto, allowing more to survive in hiding or escape. When armed Jews shot at mobs or troops at other times in 1930s and 1940s Poland, it incited more vicious counter-attacks, he said.

more

zZK1wvu.png

JTA is the definitive, trusted global source of breaking news, investigative reporting, in-depth
analysis, opinion and features on current events and issues of interest to the Jewish people.

ADL calls on conservatives to keep Nazi analogies out of gun debate

WASHINGTON (JTA) -- The Anti-Defamation League called on conservatives to keep Nazi analogies out of the gun control debate.

"The idea that supporters of gun control are doing something akin to what Hitler’s Germany did to strip citizens of guns in the run-up to the Second World War is historically inaccurate and offensive, especially to Holocaust survivors and their families," Abraham Foxman, ADL's national director, said Thursday in a statement.

The statement cited the proliferation of such arguments among gun control opponents in the wake of calls for greater gun controls after last month's massacre of first graders in Connecticut by a lone gunman.

The Drudge Report headlined the White House's announcement of such proposals with mug shots of Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin and an array of conservative pundits have claimed that the Holocaust would not have been inevitable had Jews been able to bear arms.

The instances in which Jews managed to obtain arms, as they did in the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising of 1943, were symbolically important but would not have headed off the Nazi machine, the ADL said.

"Gun control did not cause the Holocaust," it said. "Nazism and anti-Semitism did."

The Anti-Defamation League was founded in 1913 "to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all." Now the nation's premier civil rights/human relations agency, ADL fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry, defends democratic ideals and protects civil rights for all.

ADL Press Release

yeah... okay... accepting, for the sake of argument, the proposition that gun control in Nazi Germany didn't directly lead to the Holocaust... I 'spect that the Jews in the Warsaw Uprising were mighty glad to get their hands on weapons for self defense that they were not legally allowed to have...

and I 'spect that if they somehow were able to come back today, they'd slap that pencil-necked ADL geek silly...

So why should we keep the truth out of the debate?

Are you reading averse, or can't parrots read?

There is NO WAY Jews in Germany could have fought off the Nazis with personal firearms. Just like every whacko who takes on the police, they all end up the same way...dead.

You folks are so stupid, I am amazed you survive crossing the street.

There is NO WAY Jews in Germany could have fought off the Nazis with personal firearms. Just like every whacko who takes on the police, they all end up the same way...dead.

Bfgrn:

At 5:55 in this video, you will learn that just a few hundred armed Jews kept the Nazis out of their neighborhood for over a month. There are many of documented instances of this occurring.

Can you imagine perhaps how much more effective it would have been if more than 95% of the Jews hadn't surrendered their arms before that? Maybe it could have at least given the remaining Jews time to leave Germany (for those who didn't' already leave).

The Germans would not have heavily invested into slaughtering tens of thousands Jews who were retreating out of the country/region into Allied Territory.

Here's one thing for sure though, even if we can't tell what would have happened, this video shows they all would have had a much better CHANCE. At the very least, they could die with dignity.

Also, I suggest you watch all five videos.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H-qOUmCrIU&list=PL62BDB02F46EFE07B]No Guns for Jews, Part One - YouTube[/ame]

sigh... I suppose you're right...

if the government ever comes for me, I should meekly accept my fate like a good sheep...

if the government ever comes for me, I should meekly accept my fate like a good sheep...

Check my post above yours.

Bfgrn:

At 5:55 in this video, you will learn that just a few hundred armed Jews kept the Nazis out of their neighborhood for over a month. There are many of documented instances of this occurring.

Can you imagine perhaps how much more effective it would have been if more than 95% of the Jews hadn't surrendered their arms before that? Maybe it could have at least given the remaining Jews time to leave Germany (for those who didn't' already leave).

The Germans would not have heavily invested into slaughtering tens of thousands Jews who were retreating out of the country/region into Allied Territory.

Here's one thing for sure though, even if we can't tell what would have happened, this video shows they all would have had a much better CHANCE. At the very least, they could die with dignity.

Also, I suggest you watch all five videos.

No Guns for Jews, Part One - YouTube

The Jews would have stood the best chance of survival by focusing their energy on an escape. But as is human nature, many either didn't believe the danger was as dire as it was or that sensible people would intervene.

The 1943 Warsaw ghetto uprising by about 700 armed Jews who were able to fend off a much larger force of German troops for days until retreating to tunnels or fleeing. The Nazis won out by systematically burning the ghetto to the ground, house by house.

"Once the Germans began adopting that strategy there really wasn't very much that people armed with pistols, or even rifles and machine guns, could do," said Paulsson, the historian and author of "Secret City: The Hidden Jews of Warsaw."

Paulsson said it is possible that if Polish Jews had limited their resistance, Nazi troops might not have destroyed the ghetto, allowing more to survive in hiding or escape. When armed Jews shot at mobs or troops at other times in 1930s and 1940s Poland, it incited more vicious counter-attacks, he said. ref.

You can do whatever you want, it is just a matter of deciding if you want to end your life that day or not. It is really that simple.

You can do whatever you want, it is just a matter of deciding if you want to end your life that day or not. It is really that simple.

Except a serious portion of our military will not be compliant, like they were in Germany (Oathkeepers). Many more soldiers will defect once they do, and they'll have several millions volunteers like myself ready to do the dirty work for them.

Would you rather go along quietly...? and die later of deprivation in a government prison...?

or would you rather go down fighting, right there and then... mebbe taking out a few of the assholes before you go down...?

It's always been hard to see why jews get persecuted still in comedy. I have always lived in the deep south where jews dont exist.

Forum List

Back