Kennedy: Barred from Communion

Anyone raised Catholic, especially in the '50's & '60's got a taste of authoritarianism...THAT'S why it is so repulsive to us and why it's easy to recognize in you right wing evangelicals and pea brain followers...

"Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the Republican party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them."
Barry Goldwater (R)

I saw that "MOOT" part....I know what the fuck the word means dumbass.

I simply NEVER SAW HER SAY she agrees that the Church is within it's right to discipline Kennedy this way.

She said (and I quote):

She needs to own the above statement, or clarify whether or not she agrees with the ACTION the church has taken. Or not.

She has not done that so far. Once she has, I will withdraw my objection to her post (or not), depending upon her actual position with regard to the Church's action in this matter.

GOOD FUCKIN GRIEF. :rolleyes:

Jen, go back and read Si's post. As soon as she realized that the statement came from Kennedy, she withdrew her comment.

It is not for us to keep you up to speed, it is for you to make sure you get your facts straight, my friend.

However, the main point to this whole thing is this..... Tax Exemptions Must Remain For All Catholics!:lol:

You neg rep'd me with this mesage..

11-22-2009 03:39 PM California Girl Not smart to neg rep someone who has a higher rep count than you, you fucking idiot.

Why, whatever do you mean by this? :lol:
Too funny. Apparently she's vindictive. I'll rep you to make up for it.

:lol::lol:

Wow you are a hypocrite, I ask you to post a link on Obama declaring war on Palin when I couldn't find it and you refuse saying it's my job to find it. Now you want people to post links to Si Modo's withdraw because you can't find itl?

The hypocrisy it burns.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrhf_zgtmAg&feature=related[/ame]

:lol:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dogbert again

Oh you're just splitting hairs. They're punishing him for his support of abortion. Now you punish people when you want them to change behavior so they may as well have written a formal request.

No I'm not. Are you Catholic? Because you may not understand it if you're not. But there is a huge difference..... The Church is perfectly right to bar someone from communion if that person is acting against Church principles.... the Church is very clear on it's stance on abortion.

It was not trying to get Kennedy to change his stance - it was standing by its own. What the hell is that to do with anyone other than Kennedy and his Church?

Have to agree.
The church has a right to set the rules. You can comply or find a new church.

The church has a problem though in that legal abortion is the rule of the land. They are restricting any Catholic who may seek elected office. Once elected, you are obligated to uphold the laws of the land, not the laws of the Church

I never said the church had no right to do so I'm just criticizing them for their decision. I'd be against any attempts to force the church to give him communion (unless it's from someone higher up in the church).

Last edited:
Jen, go back and read Si's post. As soon as she realized that the statement came from Kennedy, she withdrew her comment.

It is not for us to keep you up to speed, it is for you to make sure you get your facts straight, my friend.

However, the main point to this whole thing is this..... Tax Exemptions Must Remain For All Catholics!:lol:

11-22-2009 03:39 PM California Girl Not smart to neg rep someone who has a higher rep count than you, you fucking idiot.

You two are kinda sad, aren't ya? Don't worry about what stupidity Zona negged me for, just make an assumption.

The stupidity is palpable.

You two are kinda sad, aren't ya? Don't worry about what stupidity Zona negged me for, just make an assumption.

The stupidity is palpable. [/quote]

Indeed it is. Ravioli doesn't know it...but Ravioli has shown whom the REAL vindictive one really is...and it isn't YOU, CG.

If Common sense were a commity? *YOU* would be an heiress.

Last edited:

The stupidity is palpable. [/quote]

Indeed it is. Ravioli doesn't know it...but Ravioli has shown whom the REAL vindictive one really is...and it isn't YOU, CG.

If Common sense were a commity? *YOU* would be an heiress.

Well, my understanding of the rep thing is that it is polite to return rep when it is received. I always try to return rep.... it's not my fault if someone neg reps me - but it seemed only right to point out how stupid it is to neg rep someone with a higher rep count. But I guess that some of the terminally stupid don't grasp simple concepts.

Personally, I think it's funny. :lol::lol::lol:

Well, my understanding of the rep thing is that it is polite to return rep when it is received.
It's my understanding that that would be a form of rep abuse. You are supposed to give rep to posts on their merit, not on who authored them. Rep is not a commodity to be traded back and forth.

Well, my understanding of the rep thing is that it is polite to return rep when it is received.
It's my understanding that that would be a form of rep abuse. You are supposed to give rep to posts on their merit, not on who authored them. Rep is not a commodity to be traded back and forth.

Feel free to report me for rep abuse. I'm sure the Mods will take it very seriously indeed.

Saddo.

Feel free to report me for rep abuse. I'm sure the Mods will take it very seriously indeed.

Saddo.

You naughty, naughty rep-abuser! :eusa_naughty:

You need an intervention AND rehab! :rofl:

Saddo.
Wow. Thin skinned, aren't you. Don't worry. I was just pointing out the purpose of rep, not making an indictment.

Saddo.

You naughty, naughty rep-abuser! :eusa_naughty:

You need an intervention AND rehab! :rofl:

I hope it will be covered in the new healthcare bill! :lol::lol:

The stupidity is palpable.
awwwwwww.....tissue?

Saddo.
Wow. Thin skinned, aren't you. Don't worry. I was just pointing out the purpose of rep, not making an indictment. :tongue:

Saddo.
Wow. Thin skinned, aren't you. Don't worry. I was just pointing out the purpose of rep, not making an indictment.

Wow. Stupid, aren't you? I was just pointing out the pathetic whiny nature of your post. Cuz when I rep someone, it does say some crap about being lucky enough to get some returned.

It's unfortunate that stupidity will not be covered under the new healthcare bill. You'll have to find the funds to raise your IQ all by yourself.

Personally, I think the Church is way out of line here.

I don't. I think the Kennedy's need to find a religion that fits their lifestyle and beliefs. Catholicism ain't it. and Pelosi and any other abortion advocate should vacate the pew also.

Although, I agree that the Kennedy's should find a faith that actually fits their beliefs, I have a problem with the church (I am Lutheran not Catholic) using the Sacraments in this manner. I believe that the Sacraments are a means of Grace. I do not believe that we here on Earth should be standing between God's Grace and those who seek it.

In this case, the Sacrament is being used as a form of church discipline. The church has the right to do so, but should only do so with the intention or restoring someone to the faith. This appears to be more of a political statement than anything else.

If the Kennedy's are going to be punished for this, then wouldn't it follow suit that any Catholic who is pro-choice should be excluded from the Sacrament as well?

Immie

I don't. I think the Kennedy's need to find a religion that fits their lifestyle and beliefs. Catholicism ain't it. and Pelosi and any other abortion advocate should vacate the pew also.

Although, I agree that the Kennedy's should find a faith that actually fits their beliefs, I have a problem with the church (I am Lutheran not Catholic) using the Sacraments in this manner. I believe that the Sacraments are a means of Grace. I do not believe that we here on Earth should be standing between God's Grace and those who seek it.

In this case, the Sacrament is being used as a form of church discipline. The church has the right to do so, but should only do so with the intention or restoring someone to the faith. This appears to be more of a political statement than anything else.

If the Kennedy's are going to be punished for this, then wouldn't it follow suit that any Catholic who is pro-choice should be excluded from the Sacrament as well?

Immie

Many, many, many Catholics are barred from receiving communion when they are out of step with the teachings of the Church. This is absolutely not an unusual occurance - go to a Catholic Church, anywhere in the world, on any Sunday and you are likely to find a few who are not receiving communion.

Churches have the right to enforce morality among their members in any non-violent manner they choose. Denying communion is a very minor punishment unless you REALLY want to have communion. If that is the case, follow church rules.
Simple and legal.

Churches have the right to enforce morality among their members in any non-violent manner they choose. Denying communion is a very minor punishment unless you REALLY want to have communion. If that is the case, follow church rules.
Simple and legal.

Read the fucking thread before responding. That poster withdrew the objection once she realized that it was Kennedy who chose to make his censure public. We've been through this already!

Boy, am I glad my Reformed/Presbyterian Church, despite being pretty conservative in theology, doesn't deny its members access to the Lord's Table for having different political views...

Forum List

Back