Zone1 KFC

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
Just heard this morning that KFC is going to make all the chicken they sell in Canada halal. Marketing? Pandering? Demographic shift?

All I know, is that I haven't touched it in years.
If it means they actually serve better clean meat, it can only be a positive.

I am sure there is also a tad of corporate pandering also.

Just heard this morning that KFC is going to make all the chicken they sell in Canada halal. Marketing? Pandering? Demographic shift?

oh.

Although some specific teachings vary, the consensus is that food/drinks must be free of pork, alcohol/intoxicants, poisons, harmful ingredients, or unhygienic elements. The animals that are allowed for consumption must be slaughtered per the methods prescribed under Islamic law, known as Zabihah.

best not request a ruling from the u s scotus ... harmful ingredients are a states rights issue and must be included.

According to my quick Internet research, in order to be Halal the slaughter of the animal must be supervised by a Muslim. Seems to me that will be quite the challenge given the number of chickens slaughtered for KFC. Unless of course if what I read in the internet is not true, but what are the chances of that. :p

Last edited:

It's to increase their appeal to Muslims.

More disturbingly, they are removing pork products. Not sure what pork products they make, but that's pandering.

BTW KFC Canada makes the best gravy you've never had!

It's to increase their appeal to Muslims.

More disturbingly, they are removing pork products. Not sure what pork products they make, but that's pandering.

BTW KFC Canada makes the best gravy you've never had!

MY gravy is the best.

All I know, is that I haven't touched it in years.
If it means they actually serve better clean meat, it can only be a positive.

I am sure there is also a tad of corporate pandering also.

It just means they say a prayer for each chicken and then take it out when it isnt looking.

According to my quick Internet research, in order to be Halal the slaughter of the animal must be supervised by a Muslim. Seems to me that will be quite the challenge given the number of chickens slaughtered for KFC. Unless of course if what I read in the internet is not true, but what are the chances of that. :p
Yeah, Mohammedists want animals slaughtered humanly but will cut a human's head off on TV.
Go figure

Take a look at food packaging. Almost everything you buy is kosher. These kosher certification companies get paid (essentially by the consumer) and then funnel the money to far left organizations. Muslims are now getting in on the scam.

Forum List

Back