Long-predicted consumer pullback finally hits restaurants

That's education? You must have gone to one of them thar Ivy League schools. Ya know, one where they teach you how to protest.

Lol, I have taken lectures from Yale on neuroscience, does that count.
My undergraduate degrees are economics and finance, not Ivy though.

And you have never even been on a campus of a community college to get high.

Ask for a refund for your "economic degree"

all that education and not one ounce of common sense ..
You know, it IS possible, that some upper middle-class folks & upper class folks, that just read the NYT, WSJ, and WaPo, and who watch the nightly news and CNN, and go about their day, eating at five star restaurants, and living in their socioeconomic class, don't notice, what you notice.

Maybe their restaurants HAVEN'T experienced a consumer pullback? :dunno:

Given what the market has been doing, and what they have been gaslit by corporate media, perhaps they actually do believe state propaganda? eh?

8opihb.jpg

No kidding, not exactly impressive.

If you go on Tuesday you can get KFC for half price.
I think these prices may vary by location.

In my area, Arby's happy hour prices are no longer a buck, but I have heard, that in some places it still is.

. . I mean, sliders are a buck fifty instead of two. . . but? Really, what is the point? It was worth the trip when they, and fries, were half price, but now?

meh

I think these prices may vary by location.

In my area, Arby's happy hour prices are no longer a buck, but I have heard, that in some places it still is.

. . I mean, sliders are a buck fifty instead of two. . . but? Really, what is the point? It was worth the trip when they, and fries, were half price, but now?

meh
I paid $28 today for the same meal that cost me $21 last year at KFC.

But yesterday it was only $12.

Last edited:
I paid $28 for the same meal that cost me $21 last year at KFC.

But yesterday it was only $12.
A year or two back, I was feeling like my happy hour meal, two sliders and a fry. During the Trump administration, that meal was three dollars. $3 (Their fries were on the dollar menu, they no longer are in this area.) A dollar an item, and I was full.

The two sliders, and a curly fry. I'm not a big soda drinker.

Arby's discontinued their curly fries since 2020, and the crinkle fries are not on the happy hour menu, they are $2.59 for the small. The happy hour price for sliders is now a $1.59 in this area. . . though on-line, it states that in many places, it is still a dollar, but I don't think they have a dollar fry anymore.

Upshot? That same meal was now about six bucks for lunch, when I had been paying three and some change.

Nearly doubled in twelve months. And this was a lunch anyone could get at two o'clock, any day of the week. Now over.

iu

for a refund for your "economic degree"
Fox told you education is worthless?
Why, of course they did.

And it made you feel good to hear this so you believed it.

Guess what, it's a lie. education stops you from being a jack ass. nothing in your way though.

I am going out for breakfast in an hour at a basic diner. If it's full again with people waiting for tables that will be anecdata for this thread.

I am going out for breakfast in an hour at a basic diner. If it's full again with people waiting for tables that will be anecdata for this thread.
Diners are still fairly popular because of the amount of food you get, even if the prices have increased.
Bad example.

It’s finally here: the long-predicted consumer pullback.

Starbucks announced a surprise drop in same-store sales for its latest quarter, sending its shares down 17% on Wednesday. Pizza Hut and KFC also reported shrinking same-store sales. And even stalwart McDonald’s said it has adopted a “street-fighting mentality” to compete for value-minded diners.

For months, economists have been predicting that consumers would cut back on their spending in response to higher prices and interest rates. But it’s taken a while for fast-food chains to see their sales actually shrink, despite several quarters of warnings to investors that low-income consumers were weakening and other diners were trading down from pricier options.

Bidenomics is working it’s magic.

View attachment 940822

MSN

Dining out has more than doubled since PedoPete was installed by the Satanic Reptilian UniParty Overlord's bid to end America

Cracker Barrel is always out of everything. We haven't ate there for awhile.

My wife and I went to one a few months ago for the first time in years....it was terrible. No wonder people have stopped going there

you are like the weatherman that predicts snow every day for months and when it finally does snow goes "see, I told you so"
Dang, you must be one of those Democrats that see thousands cross the border every day and insist the border is closed.

Dang, you must be one of those Democrats that see thousands cross the border every day and insist the border is closed.

I live in Illinois, I cannot see the border from here.

But the border has never been closed, neither party has a vested interest in doing so

Forum List

Back