🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kids Taught to Praise Obama

No shit, ain't it a bitch...some kids praising a black man during black history month for becoming president...please tell me not all conservatives have a problem with a black man becoming president.

You can't be Serious...

:)

peace...

As a heart attack mal, don't have one.

Not I...

But you couldn't be MORE Wrong about your Conclusion on why this is Offensive to People who don't Worship Glorious Leader...

:)

peace...

2) Protesting Obama giving a back to school pep talk It wasn't the speech is was the homework assignment from the DoE that had people outraged.
That's what it should have been about but so many around here went on and on about his speech and supposed changing of it...were you really not paying attention?

That issue was so blown out of proportion to become laughable, just as this one is...now making an issue out of "praising" a black man during Black History month by one school...oh my, the world is coming to an end...:roll eyes:

hyms-cd.jpg

God is praised, not people.

Perhaps you never were but it's not uncommon for people to be praised.

It is uncommon in the United States of America to teach children to praise the acting president.

True. And wrong IMO. It takes pretty much a generation for the true legacy of any president's policies to become clear. If children are required to learn political science there is more than enough history for them to study without getting into the shallow waters of day to day politics, where the merits of one policy over another are very much in the eye of the beholder (the teacher).

In addition to which, there's barely a word in the lyrics of the song that isn't political vanilla.

The "lyrics" for those who may be interested:

Song 1:

Mm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again

Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay

Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance

Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said red, yellow, black or white
All are equal in his sight

Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

Yes!
Mmm, mmm, mm
Barack Hussein Obama

Song 2:

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!"

Hooray, Mr. President! You're number one!
The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country's economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick
So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!

So, in Song 1....
"Everyone lend a hand to make the country strong."
"Equal work for equal pay."
"Make sure everyone gets a chance."
"Everyone is equal."

What? These are direct quotes for Barack Hussein Obama? Wow! What a seismic shift in political thinking! Why didn't we think of these before?

In terms of intent I suppose the issue is are such simple political concepts an attempt to brainwash people into thinking that Obama is the first President who has ever set out such lofty goals, or are just meant to be simple and inescapable because they are to be sung by elementary school children? Either way, attributing these "policies" to an incumbent President is at best ridiculous and at worst politically loaded.

Song 2 bugs me a bit more, specifically...

We honor you today for all your great accomplishments.
We honor your great plans to make this country's economy number one again.
We stand for all Americans.

OK, celebrating the fact that he is the first black President is one thing. But...

Honoring his great accomplishments? He hasn't get any yet.

His great plans for the economy? Depends whether you define great as "big" or as "spectacular". Big they certainly are. Spectacular? Shit I don't know. It's entirely possible that they could fail spectacularly.

Standing for all Americans. Well, clearly not.

Are these just simple songs that small children can understand, or are they something more sinister. It doesn't matter. They are songs honoring a current President whose policies are the subject of a heated ongoing debate. As such, they have no place being taught to children. If I were a parent of one of the children, I'd be really annoyed.

For the avoidance of doubt, it would make sense for there to be a general agreement that the politics of, say, the last 30 years or so should not be taught to children before they are mature enough to understand the difference between political fact and political opinion.

The rightwing whackos are loose from the asylum is all.

Nearly 1,500 posts in a month and I'm still waiting to see much of substance from you. Half your posts seem to be little more than "I know you are but what am I?" and most of the rest are links to someone else's opinion.

Presumably you joined this board for a reason. May I ask what it was?

BTW Jake, if you choose to answer, please don't assume I'm a Republican just because I'm questioning your motives. I know that's the easy way out, but try to stretch yourself.

Perhaps you never were but it's not uncommon for people to be praised.

It is uncommon in the United States of America to teach children to praise the acting president.

True. And wrong IMO. It takes pretty much a generation for the true legacy of any president's policies to become clear. If children are required to learn political science there is more than enough history for them to study without getting into the shallow waters of day to day politics, where the merits of one policy over another are very much in the eye of the beholder (the teacher).

In addition to which, there's barely a word in the lyrics of the song that isn't political vanilla.

The "lyrics" for those who may be interested:

Song 1:

Mm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that all must lend a hand
To make this country strong again

Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said we must be fair today
Equal work means equal pay

Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said that we must take a stand
To make sure everyone gets a chance

Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

He said red, yellow, black or white
All are equal in his sight

Mmm, mmm, mm!
Barack Hussein Obama

Yes!
Mmm, mmm, mm
Barack Hussein Obama

Song 2:

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!"

Hooray, Mr. President! You're number one!
The first black American to lead this great nation!

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country's economy number one again!

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick
So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!

So, in Song 1....
"Everyone lend a hand to make the country strong."
"Equal work for equal pay."
"Make sure everyone gets a chance."
"Everyone is equal."

What? These are direct quotes for Barack Hussein Obama? Wow! What a seismic shift in political thinking! Why didn't we think of these before?

In terms of intent I suppose the issue is are such simple political concepts an attempt to brainwash people into thinking that Obama is the first President who has ever set out such lofty goals, or are just meant to be simple and inescapable because they are to be sung by elementary school children? Either way, attributing these "policies" to an incumbent President is at best ridiculous and at worst politically loaded.

Song 2 bugs me a bit more, specifically...

We honor you today for all your great accomplishments.
We honor your great plans to make this country's economy number one again.
We stand for all Americans.

OK, celebrating the fact that he is the first black President is one thing. But...

Honoring his great accomplishments? He hasn't get any yet.

His great plans for the economy? Depends whether you define great as "big" or as "spectacular". Big they certainly are. Spectacular? Shit I don't know. It's entirely possible that they could fail spectacularly.

Standing for all Americans. Well, clearly not.

Are these just simple songs that small children can understand, or are they something more sinister. It doesn't matter. They are songs honoring a current President whose policies are the subject of a heated ongoing debate. As such, they have no place being taught to children. If I were a parent of one of the children, I'd be really annoyed.

For the avoidance of doubt, it would make sense for there to be a general agreement that the politics of, say, the last 30 years or so should not be taught to children before they are mature enough to understand the difference between political fact and political opinion.

At that grade level, young children, should not be Politically Indoctrinated. They Should be Taught to Respect The Office, even Respect the Man. This Orchestration crossed the line by far and was Shameful.

Why can't the left at least admit that this may have been an overzealous teacher who made a mistake?
And that the President had absolutely nothing to do with it.

What is political about teaching 6 year olds a song about their President?

Kids should be proud of their country. The President is the symbol of this country. What is wrong with teaching kids to love their country?

I think it was a bit creepy, sorry. But the President had nothing to do with what the school chose to do here. That was my point.

What is more uncommon is for anyone to care

True, but it was only a matter of time before the masses awoke.

What masses?

Here we have a few people whining about some bullshit just as they have every step of the way...we had all that whining about Obama addressing the school children regarding back to school..."wrong for a president to do so" until they realized Reagan and Poppy Bush did..."Yeah but not with a political agenda" which Obama didn't deliver but Reagan and Poppy Bush did...kiss my everlovin'.

I'm not a big Obama fan and there is plenty about our government to complain about but finding an obscure YouTube video about a group of school kids honoring the first black president in a school skit during Black History month ain't one of them and you betcha, I'll defend our president from fools like "the masses"...go back to fucking sleep...all you are doing is turning people away and not accomplishing a damn thing.

What is more uncommon is for anyone to care

True, but it was only a matter of time before the masses awoke.

What masses?

Here we have a few people whining about some bullshit just as they have every step of the way...we had all that whining about Obama addressing the school children regarding back to school..."wrong for a president to do so" until they realized Reagan and Poppy Bush did..."Yeah but not with a political agenda" which Obama didn't deliver but Reagan and Poppy Bush did...kiss my everlovin'.

I'm not a big Obama fan and there is plenty about our government to complain about but finding an obscure YouTube video about a group of school kids honoring the first black president in a school skit during Black History month ain't one of them and you betcha, I'll defend our president from fools like "the masses"...go back to fucking sleep...all you are doing is turning people away and not accomplishing a damn thing.

I have no recollections on whether songs were written for other presidents. If they were, they probably faded into obscurity because nobody cared.

Suddenly with President Obama, the rightwing is treating him like he has committed genocide. The President of the United States is treated like some criminal sneaking in to corrupt the minds of our children.

- When Obama spoke to the graduating students at Notre Dame: The right wing orchestrated protests

- When Obama planned to give a welcome back speech to students: The right wing orchestrated protests

- When a group of Children sing an inane song about the first black president during Black History Month: The right wing orchestrated protests

As much as Bush was disliked, nobody ever attempted to prevent him from speaking in his role as President. The current right wing tactics are reprehensible

Forum List

Back