It was subtle...291
i didnt get the Clinton connection
but you are right about the difference between hannnity's forum and here
we can also call a moron a moron or an idiot
:D
and there is no "run to the mods" issue here either
and all that stupid drama that went with it

No shit...it's great.

I hear it's changed since I got booted a couple of years ago...got even worse...anyway, we shouldn't sidetrack the thread even though it has pretty much sunk to the bottom of the ocean...good seeing you again.

It was subtle...291

No shit...it's great.

I hear it's changed since I got booted a couple of years ago...got even worse...anyway, we shouldn't sidetrack the thread even though it has pretty much sunk to the bottom of the ocean...good seeing you again.
you must have got booted(that time) just after my first and only

It's not like an order came out of the White House to have all children sing his praise.
That being said, when are these nuts going to realize that all this putting Obama on a pedestal is NOT helping?!
I mean they must be aware of the Glenn Becks or Rushs telling people about "indoctrination".
So stop it, teachers!
He's just a man. A politician.
With an inspiring story, true. But a man. With faults.
Get back to teaching them the 3 R's, and leave the politics alone.
you will now be attacked as a rightwing fringe nutjob

I hope not. It doesn't seem like that radical an idea.
Teach academics in school.
It's actually kind of funny that anyone could defend this. And I am, at heart, a liberal.

It's not like an order came out of the White House to have all children sing his praise.
That being said, when are these nuts going to realize that all this putting Obama on a pedestal is NOT helping?!
I mean they must be aware of the Glenn Becks or Rushs telling people about "indoctrination".
So stop it, teachers!
He's just a man. A politician.
With an inspiring story, true. But a man. With faults.
Get back to teaching them the 3 R's, and leave the politics alone.

It's actually kind of funny that anyone could defend this. And I am, at heart, a liberal.
i know you are a liberal, its not that hard to figure out
but be ready for it because you didnt just dismiss this as nothing but rightwing fringe hysteria

No shit...it's great.

I only got it once...was supposedly for a week but I could never log in again and when I looked as a guest a few weeks later my post count was wiped out and it said I was banned...no great loss...it was getting rather boring anyway.

but be ready for it because you didnt just dismiss this as nothing but rightwing fringe hysteria

Come on, bingocon, it's you we dismiss as being rightwing fringe hysterical. Don't be shy.

No shit...it's great.

I only got it once...was supposedly for a week but I could never log in again and when I looked as a guest a few weeks later my post count was wiped out and it said I was banned...no great loss...it was getting rather boring anyway.
oh, i thought you had got one before then
my bad

And that the President had absolutely nothing to do with it.

What is political about teaching 6 year olds a song about their President?

Kids should be proud of their country. The President is the symbol of this country. What is wrong with teaching kids to love their country?

Back in my day we just sand Grand Old Flag, Star Spangled Banner, My Country Tis of Thee and it was fine.

I guess those are obsolete now? :rolleyes:

Didn't you get the memo? Reciting the Pledge of Allegiance is optional; singing the praises of Obama is not.

Come on, bingocon, it's you we dismiss as being rightwing fringe hysterical. Don't be shy.
and as usual, you are totally wrong
you only THINK i am right wing fringe
but thats because you are so far up inside Obama's colon you cant really see the truth

Children should be encouraged to make this country strong of course, but the president saying that we must sounds like some sort of edict for forced "volunteerism". To say, in general, that we must join together to make this country strong is leadership. Saying that Barack Hussein Obama said that we must join together and make this country strong assumes that we will, in doing so, abide by what he believes is "strong."

What the song does, besides praise Obama, is push his 'social justice' ideals.

Again, you missed the point. These are admirable qualities. We are not banding together to make this country strong because of what Obama wants, people are not equal because of Obama's sight, and women should get equal pay because there is nothing inherent in their identity that is just cause to deny them that. A song about these things in general would have aroused no controversy. That they have been forever associated with this mythical figure Obama in the minds of these children is the issue. They may not be able to vote for him, but they could be employed as a campaign tool for Obama's reelection in an irresponsible school district which I think that this one in NJ has been shown to be. Especially if this transgression passes unchecked.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much..

Its a silly little song for six year olds to sing during Black History month, nobody is proposing it as our new anthem. Key word "He said" .

If you guys are so upset how about we allow republican rebuttal on all childrens songs from now on?

Once again, right wing takes an insignificant story and turn it into the end of civilization as we know it. So far this year we have:
1) Protesting Obama speaking at the Notre Dame graduation
2) Protesting Obama giving a back to school pep talk
3) Protesting children singing about Obama during Black History Month

How about we don't force children onto the political stage?
Who forced thes poor children onto the political stage? It was an insignificant childrens song for Black History Month. Someone kept this under wraps for nine months and then chose to force these children onto the political stage by suddenly unveiling it on FoxNews.

My original question stands

Where was the indoctrination?

Who forced thes poor children onto the political stage? It was an insignificant childrens song for Black History Month. Someone kept this under wraps for nine months and then chose to force these children onto the political stage by suddenly unveiling it on FoxNews.

uh, it was posted to youtube, not fox news

1) Protesting Obama speaking at the Notre Dame graduation It wasn't his speaking at Georgetown it was the covering up of all religious symbols that had people outraged.
2) Protesting Obama giving a back to school pep talk It wasn't the speech is was the homework assignment from the DoE that had people outraged.
3) Protesting children singing about Obama during Black History Month It's not a song about Obama, it's a song praising Obama.

Someone leaked it onto youtube where it was picked up by all media, not just FOX.

Where was the indoctrination? In the entire song. You know, the one praising Obama.

Forum List

Back