"Kill the police!"

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) -- St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar says the fatal shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown came after an altercation with police.

Belmar said at a news conference Sunday morning that a Ferguson Police officer had an encounter with two people. He says one person allegedly pushed the officer back into patrol car and assaulted the officer.

He says there was a struggle over the officers' weapon and one shot was fired in the car. The officer then got out of his vehicle and shot at "a subject."

seMissourian.com

---------------------------------------------------------

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) -- A crowd of a couple hundred people confronted police in St. Louis County after a fatal police shooting.

St. Louis County Police spokesman Brian Schellman says a Ferguson police officer shot and killed a male Saturday afternoon. He says he doesn't know what prompted the shooting or the victim's identity.

Officer Schellman says "a couple hundred" people came out of nearby apartment buildings after the shooting and began chanting "'Kill the police' and things like that."

He says gunshots were also heard at the scene, but there were no reports of injuries. About 60 other officers responded to the area in the northern section of St. Louis County at about 2:15 p.m.

Schellman says the crowd was under control by 5 p.m. and several of the additional officers had left.

seMissourian.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thoughts?

Nigs gonna nig.

I heard he went for the officer's gun. If so, the officer was within his right to shoot.

Always overreacting.

You knew there was more to it than he was just walking and the cop shot him. If he assaulted the cop and went for his gun it was justified. I taught my kids to say three things to cops. Yes sir, No sir and if they cut you a break thank you sir.

Thoughts?

Can't say I completely disagree with those feelings anymore. We're seeing way too much of this shit. I can honestly say when those two cops were killed here in Vegas a couple of months ago by those two neo-Nazi loons I wasn't exactly heartbroken about it.

Heard they were militia/soverign citizen types. Mighta been all 3 though I suppose.

Had a little kid grab my sidearm once. Was standing post and he came up from the side. Scared the hell out of me and I gave him a stern talking to. Didn't get it out of the retention holster of course but he went "Boom! Boom! Boom!" like. I can relate to an officer having someone go for his weapon - justified shoot.

Looting and violence spread to Dellwood.

Alderman Antonio French of the 21st Ward in St. Louis, posted multiple Vines on Twitter Sunday night showing looters smashing windows and carrying off goods. A little after midnight he tweeted that the looting had spread to neighboring Dellwood.

In response, Ferguson police called in an extra 60 officers as well as officers from all surrounding jurisdictions. St. Louis city police were assisting by answering calls in St. Louis County, and a St. Louis SWAT team was staging.

Video @ Link ... Looting spreads after vigil for teen shot by police

All that outrage was just an excuse to loot.

my brother is a cop and risk his life everyday dealing with lumps of shit that were not raised right because of a lack of parenting and welfare checks. I have no feeling toward the dumb fuck that went for an officers weapon and got shot as a result.Then the savages riot. Real smart.

Everyone riots given means and opportunity, has nothing to do with anything other than sometimes they can and crowd psychology takes over. Look at sporting events and riots even from the winning side afterwords. We're a primate species, simple as that. Doesn't take much to trigger that nature.

CaféAuLait;9605608 said:
I saw the one kid interviewed over this. He says they were walking down the middle of the road, the cop stopped told them to get out of the middle of the street and they "even raised their hands in the air and complied" and the cop just opened fire on them for no reason.

Cops state the same about the street, except he was speaking to them by an open car door and they argued with him, cops said 18 yo grabbed cops gun and they ended up in his cruiser, one shot fired inside the cruiser because of the altercation, the kid and him were struggling and the kid got shot outside the car.

I assume there will be some sort of video, I hope there will be. I know there are bad cops, just as there are bad whatever in any occupation, but this sounds a little too much for a cop just to stop and shoot at two guys for doing nothing.

witness statements very

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfy5FiqzWHI#t=25[/ame]

Looting Erupts After Vigil for Slain Missouri Teen Michael Brown - NBC News

Somebody reaches for my gun I would shoot them too.

If that's what the kid did then I agree. The problem is witnesses are saying he didn't and as the above poster noted you simply can't trust a word coming from the police anymore.

The witnesses were bystanders with nothing to gain or lose. The officer risks going to jail for life so of course he is going to paint himself as the victim and the racists will believe him.

my brother is a cop and risk his life everyday dealing with lumps of shit that were not raised right because of a lack of parenting and welfare checks. I have no feeling toward the dumb fuck that went for an officers weapon and got shot as a result.Then the savages riot. Real smart.

look in the waist of this looter

wonder why the cops are jumpy

from the CTH

dellwood-7.jpg

Can't say I completely disagree with those feelings anymore. We're seeing way too much of this shit. I can honestly say when those two cops were killed here in Vegas a couple of months ago by those two neo-Nazi loons I wasn't exactly heartbroken about it.
Why is everyone always singling out the cops? Sure you are going to have some bad apples on the police force, but that applies to every occupation. This is not unique to the police force. Most police officers are just out to do their jobs, and do their jobs quite well. The very few incidents that you hear about in the news are the exception to the rule. That is no reason to bad mouth an entire police force. For instance, we don't bad mouth all postal workers when a USPS employee is caught stealing mail. It's ridiculous.

Sorry, but that's just bullshit. I read an article just a month ago where one of the polling agencies, Pew, I think, did an anonymous poll of police officers and over 80% of them admitted to witnessing a colleague break the law and/or commit an act of brutality against someone and didn't report it. The so-called good cops out there look the other way when they see it so they're no better.

And a postal worker can't fuck up my life with an arrest or worse, kill me, and be protected by the government when doing it, so your comparison is invalid.
Police officers put their lives on the line each and every day, and unfortunately many of them wind up paying the ultimate price. It's time to acknowledge the sacrifices these officers go through on a daily basis. All we do is cry wolf when we hear about an isolated incident in the news.

From personal experience, I've always had respect for police officers because they were always there when I needed them. One time my truck stalled on a busy multilane road on a blind curve. An officer arrived, and blocked a couple of lanes with his cruiser with lights flashing, and helped me push my truck into a parking lot. It was not his job, but he helped me nonetheless. Another time while we were asleep, we were awaken by a loud crash coming from our back yard. We thought someone was trying to break into our home, so the wife called 911, and I got my gun, turned on the lights and went out back to investigate. Turns out that someone had tried stealing our BBQ, and when I got there it was on it's side. As I was looking around, officers soon arrived, and my wife directed them to the backyard. They told me to head inside while they looked around, and they assured me that everything would be fine. They never found the guys, but the fact that they were there was reassuring and helped ease our tension.

One of the easiest things to prove is whether a shot was fired inside that patrol car.

If their insurance companies don't pay due to the civil insurrection nature of this destruction, I wonder how many businesses will be able to weather this event. A community is struck with one of its young being gunned down and it reacts by tearing itself apart. Insanity.

Demonstrators will be allowed to protest Monday morning | FOX2now.com

The looted businesses included:

Zisser Tire and Auto
AutoZone
Quik Trip
Family Dollar
Walmart
Footlocker
Ross Dress for Less
Walgreens
Shoe Carnival
Hibbett Sports
Taco Bell
Sprint Store
KMart
DTLR
Phillips 66
Meineke

screenshot_21.jpg

Customer posts a note to QuikTrip burned by looters | FOX2now.com

wtf does welfare checks have to do anything with this? How stupid are you? We don't know what happened, so stop pointing stuff that has not been proven. This is a problem with a lot white conservatives, no wonder people in America and across the world think you guys are racist.

If their insurance companies don't pay due to the civil insurrection nature of this destruction, I wonder how many businesses will be able to weather this event. A community is struck with one of its young being gunned down and it reacts by tearing itself apart. Insanity.

Demonstrators will be allowed to protest Monday morning | FOX2now.com

The looted businesses included:

Zisser Tire and Auto
AutoZone
Quik Trip
Family Dollar
Walmart
Footlocker
Ross Dress for Less
Walgreens
Shoe Carnival
Hibbett Sports
Taco Bell
Sprint Store
KMart
DTLR
Phillips 66
Meineke

screenshot_21.jpg

Customer posts a note to QuikTrip burned by looters | FOX2now.com

The protest started out as peaceful and then the cops released dogs onto the crowd and that's when the riots began.

In the black community, there is already a sense of "They don't care about us." Then you add that a young, unarmed black man is killed by a police officer who has pepper spray and a tazer to use. Not to mention the constant harassment from police that black people get for just being black in a certain neighborhood. Or when they are in a group of friends and then hang out in a certain public area and then white people freak out and demand they be kept out by curfews.

So you add all that up, you're already pissed off and try to express your frustrations and the police release the dogs on you? The only thing left is civil disobedience.

Why is everyone always singling out the cops? Sure you are going to have some bad apples on the police force, but that applies to every occupation. This is not unique to the police force. Most police officers are just out to do their jobs, and do their jobs quite well. The very few incidents that you hear about in the news are the exception to the rule. That is no reason to bad mouth an entire police force. For instance, we don't bad mouth all postal workers when a USPS employee is caught stealing mail. It's ridiculous.

Sorry, but that's just bullshit. I read an article just a month ago where one of the polling agencies, Pew, I think, did an anonymous poll of police officers and over 80% of them admitted to witnessing a colleague break the law and/or commit an act of brutality against someone and didn't report it. The so-called good cops out there look the other way when they see it so they're no better.

And a postal worker can't fuck up my life with an arrest or worse, kill me, and be protected by the government when doing it, so your comparison is invalid.
Police officers put their lives on the line each and every day, and unfortunately many of them wind up paying the ultimate price. It's time to acknowledge the sacrifices these officers go through on a daily basis. All we do is cry wolf when we hear about an isolated incident in the news.

From personal experience, I've always had respect for police officers because they were always there when I needed them. One time my truck stalled on a busy multilane road on a blind curve. An officer arrived, and blocked a couple of lanes with his cruiser with lights flashing, and helped me push my truck into a parking lot. It was not his job, but he helped me nonetheless. Another time while we were asleep, we were awaken by a loud crash coming from our back yard. We thought someone was trying to break into our home, so the wife called 911, and I got my gun, turned on the lights and went out back to investigate. Turns out that someone had tried stealing our BBQ, and when I got there it was on it's side. As I was looking around, officers soon arrived, and my wife directed them to the backyard. They told me to head inside while they looked around, and they assured me that everything would be fine. They never found the guys, but the fact that they were there was reassuring and helped ease our tension.

Cops are generally very good folks doing a very tough job. They're hated until they're there for someone in need. My brother and a brother-in-law were cops and would have done anything to help you or me.

Somebody reaches for my gun I would shoot them too.

If that's what the kid did then I agree. The problem is witnesses are saying he didn't and as the above poster noted you simply can't trust a word coming from the police anymore.

The witnesses were bystanders with nothing to gain or lose. The officer risks going to jail for life so of course he is going to paint himself as the victim and the racists will believe him.

Idiot,

Even if the officer shot the kid out of hatred. It doesn't excuse looting and burning down other peoples property. What is wrong with you?

Forum List

Back