🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kim Davis needs to go to jail

More BIrther deflection, I see. Can't defend your side on this subject?

'Birther'? Did Hillary say something again? After all, SHE was the one who started the whole 'Birther' movement! lol silly Liberals.

The Justice Department was all over filing Hate Crime charges against bakers that wouldn't make a cake for a gay wedding.

But they don't file Hate Crime charges against Davis for refusing to issue marriage licenses to gays because of her " religious " hate?

The bakers tried to claim " religion " too but it didn't work for them.

Why should it work for Davis?

Every gay couple she denied a marriage license was a Hate Crime which is a Federal Offense and a Felony.

She denied their civil rights.
She denied the civil rights of the straight couples she refused to give licenses after her lawyer told her she was committing hate crimes and facing prison sentences.
She also denied the civil rights of her employees when she ordered them to refuse to do their job or get fired ( by her ).

WHERE THE HELL IS THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT?
The Justice Department did no such thing. The bakers were dealing with their states and business laws...not hate crime laws.

Since her office is giving out licenses and her nuttery has been checked by jailtime and court order, I don't really see why she needs to go back to jail. If her bigotry causes her to block licensing again then sure, but for right now she's fine IMO.
Nope.....Jill wants her to like it.

Jill wants her to follow the law.

Nope....you want her to kneel down and pay homage to your God....political -correctness.
She can kneel down to whomever she wants. She just has to follow the law if she is an officer of the law. Simple.......at least to non-Birthers.

Since her office is giving out licenses and her nuttery has been checked by jailtime and court order, I don't really see why she needs to go back to jail. If her bigotry causes her to block licensing again then sure, but for right now she's fine IMO.

Nope....you want her to kneel down and pay homage to your God....political -correctness.

obeying the supreme court is NOT political correctness, muddy.

you need to get your head straqight.
My head is straight.

We don't have to obey. Protest is a right we do have.
And the decision was faulty. You cannot write laws from the bench. That is what has been going on in this country for too long. Laws can only be written by the legislature, not activist judges or a criminal in the White House.
You will obey, Spock. You will obey me.

When you violate the Order of a Court, in letter and principal, you need to go to jail.

kim "sanctity of marriage but married four times" walker, doesn't understand the English language or the fact that when the Court tells you to do something... you do it.

loon.....

Kim Davis went back to work as a Kentucky county clerk last week after a stint in jail and a pledge that she wouldn't interfere with deputies who were issuing wedding licenses to same-sex couples.

But in a court motion filed Monday, the American Civil Liberties Union said that she was doing just that.

After returning to her job on Sept. 14 as the Rowan County clerk, the filing said, Davis "immediately" began meddling with licenses that the office's deputy clerk, Brian Mason, was issuing.

Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis Is Meddling and Altering Marriage Licenses, ACLU Says

and no... no religion requires you to be a bigot... and if she can't do her job, the wacko bird, hypocritt needs to quit.

No you don't. The court just made the law out of thin air. You should know that.

Could be, but until the people cause the court to change the ruling, it remains de facto law, and violations may be prosecuted. Simply saying you disagree with it will not preclude consequences.

Fight smart.

Cant disagree.

My head is straight.

And the decision was faulty. You cannot write laws from the bench. That is what has been going on in this country for too long. Laws can only be written by the legislature, not activist judges or a criminal in the White House.

Case LAW is law that comes from the judiciary. It has the same force of LAW that a law from the legislature has,

in fact it has a higher force of law because case law can overturn legislative law.

No it doesn't.. precedent can be overridden by amendment or overturning.... geeze.
Yes it can. Got an amendment in the works, do you?

I agree, she's a typical christian bigot.

David,

Sorry to stop you there. I am a Christian but definitely not like Kim Davis. I don't believe the t believe the Lord's words should be used for bigotry and I think he was very clear on the matter.
My view is Kim Davis should go to Jail as sworn to uphold the law and she has failed to do so. I would also question her hypocrisy on divorces.

I think some of the so called Christians are a la Carte Christians and only use it to back their personal beliefs. I find this repulsive. I think God would find it quite disturbing that his name is used for political advantage...
"Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's"

I would ask all the people who are so Christian in their beliefs, where is their vow of poverty?
"Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.""

My head is straight.

You will obey, Spock. You will obey me.
Not if it conflicts with the Prime Directive....

Some people still buck the the civil rights law of 1964 , and it has been 50 years...I feel this will be an ongoing problem.

~
Who?

Democrats?

Republicans voted for the thing and Democrats bitched about it for decades.
Northern Democrats and Republicans voted for "the thing" and Southern Democrats and Republican (yes, just one) voted against "the thing". Racism apparently transcends party lines.

She can kneel down to whomever she wants. She just has to follow the law if she is an officer of the law. Simple.......at least to non-Birthers.

People don't understand that Christians are called to follow the law, but there are those like Davis who refuse to obey the world's laws that seek to violate God's laws. Many people give in, 'just this once', 'just this little bit'.... In the Bible Apostles counted themselves LUCKY to be WORTHY to be flogged, ridiculed, or jailed for their faith.

The 'world' says she needs to 'give up her faith' and do what the (worldly) LAW says. I support her stance on her personally making a choice not to engage in this 'activity'. She has also elevated God and his message to the entire country, if not the world, so good on her. I also believe that if she can not do her job and abide by the 'worldly' law she should also step down. She should not hold a government hostage for her beliefs. She has 'testified'. She has gotten God's word out and how Christians can remain faithful, but it is time to go before she presents an intolerant ,arrogant message forward that is all about HER and NOT about God!

Some people still buck the the civil rights law of 1964 , and it has been 50 years...I feel this will be an ongoing problem.

~
Who?

Democrats?

Republicans voted for the thing and Democrats bitched about it for decades.
Northern Democrats and Republicans voted for "the thing" and Southern Democrats and Republican (yes, just one) voted against "the thing". Racism apparently transcends party lines.

It would not have passed without Everett Dirkson and the other Republicans. The Democrats wanted to shitcan it.

No, she shouldn't go to jail. So long as she holds the office, she should be able to execute it's duties according to her beliefs. Removal of her from office is the only remedy.

No, she shouldn't go to jail. So long as she holds the office, she should be able to execute it's duties according to her beliefs. Removal of her from office is the only remedy.

THIS is where I believe a 'separation of church and state' comes in.

If you are running for office you have to realize what the responsibilities of that office are. If you can comply with those duties then go for it. The duties changed for her 'mid-stream'. If you find you can no longer fulfill the responsibilities of the office any longer then you should resign. The government has no right to force her to violate her own BELIEFS as she does to force the office / government to violate the responsibilities of the position.

At this impasse the logical solution is to step down as clerk, holding on to your religious beliefs while not forcing your beliefs onto others. Hang on to the CROSS / your FAITH Mrs. Davis, not your worldly job that seeks to beat you down into submission.

When you violate the Order of a Court, in letter and principal, you need to go to jail.
She does not need to go to jail. She needs to be impeached and removed from office.
Good luck.

Seems to me the ACLU is going off into the weeds now. Demanding that she not only allow these marriages....but put her official seal of approval on them.

She does not need to go to jail. She needs to be impeached and removed from office.
Good luck.

Seems to me the ACLU is going off into the weeds now. Demanding that she not only allow these marriages....but put her official seal of approval on them.

The concern is that the marriages are legally invalid if not properly documented.

Boo hoo not everyone agrees gay behavior is normal get over it.

Until civil unions have equal rights to marriage, denying gays the right to marry is wrong.

The problem is GLBTs don't WANT 'CIVIL UNIONS'...there's no such thing as a 'civil union'! They demand 'Marriage', to ram their definition of 'marriage' down the throats of people who support the traditional TERM 'marriage'. This entire issue could be resolved EASILY! Create a status called 'Civil Union', require a document be filled out, taken to any notary or a government office where it can be notarized...or if you find a pastor who will do it...then turn it in to a court house or govt office so it can be registered. It is NOT a 'marriage' certificate but rather a document requesting govt-provided benefits for a couple.

Boo hoo not everyone agrees gay behavior is normal get over it.

Until civil unions have equal rights to marriage, denying gays the right to marry is wrong.

The problem is GLBTs don't WANT 'CIVIL UNIONS'...there's no such thing as a 'civil union'! They demand 'Marriage', to ram their definition of 'marriage' down the throats of people who support the traditional TERM 'marriage'. This entire issue could be resolved EASILY! Create a status called 'Civil Union', require a document be filled out, taken to any notary or a government office where it can be notarized...or if you find a pastor who will do it...then turn it in to a court house or govt office so it can be registered. It is NOT a 'marriage' certificate but rather a document requesting govt-provided benefits for a couple.

What I don't really understand is why you're so up in arms about the secular definition of marriage. So what if the gays call their civil union "marriage"? The church can keep its own definition.

Thing is what you really don't want is for the gays to have equal legal rights. That's the only thing that makes sense.

Forum List

Back