Kim Potter Found Guilty

Kim Potter Found Guilty

For those playing along at home, she was the the cop who shot Daunte Wright because she couldn't tell the difference between her gun and her taser.

This is a good thing.
I agree with the decision.

At the same time, I don't put all the blame on her. She clearly was out of her depth. She was in a sheer state of panic.

Blame all around, tragic all around.

I'm not sure if those are good examples, as two of them the police officers were convicted and went to jail. A third the police officer was charged but found not guilty by a Klan jury...

It would seem the lesson that should be learned is, "Make sure what you are shooting at."
More importantly, comply with all orders from law enforcement. Cop your attitude later.

At the same time, I don't put all the blame on her. She clearly was out of her depth. She was in a sheer state of panic.

The ultimate blame is on her, but this department obviously has a substandard training program.

The divorce rate with white families isn't because of the welfare state.

Welfare in its early state incentivised fathers to leave the home. I don't know how anyone could argue that generations of welfare did not destroy the black family structure

Um, I just posted the facts and figures for you on divorce, single parenthood and the percentage of Americans on assistance...

No, welfare didn't incentivize fathers to leave the home. They were leaving anyway, as 40% of Americans are born out of wedlock today. People just don't need to get married anymore to have kids. Very little to do with welfare and a lot more to do with the fact that marriage just isn't seen as a big deal.

She's the one who fired the gun, so all the blame is on her. She's the one who decided to pull this man over for frivilous reasons.

The ultimate blame is on her, but this department obviously has a substandard training program.
I suspect most suburban police departments do... They just don't deal with a lot of crime.

What we need is standardized training across all police departments.

She's the one who fired the gun, so all the blame is on her. She's the one who decided to pull this man over for frivilous reasons.

I suspect most suburban police departments do... They just don't deal with a lot of crime.

What we need is standardized training across all police departments.
We don't need standardized training programs across the country. One size fits all solutions don't work.

We don't need standardized training programs across the country. One size fits all solutions don't work.

Sure we do. I'd go one further, I would require all Police Officers to be licensed, just like Nurses are. that way the bad apples who get fired from one department don't end up on someone else's department (like the guy who shot Tamir Rice for playing with a toy.)

Sure we do. I'd go one further, I would require all Police Officers to be licensed, just like Nurses are. that way the bad apples who get fired from one department don't end up on someone else's department (like the guy who shot Tamir Rice for playing with a toy.)
A federal standard would not help. Police in Los Angeles have different requirements than police officers in Oshkosh Wisconsin. States, counties and cities should be in charge of creating standards for their law enforcement agencies.

Police officers essentially are licensed. They get licensed through a law enforcement officers academy. These academy's are operated by the individual state's. That's the way it should be.

Why is it that the liberal mind-set is always more federal control?

A federal standard would not help. Police in Los Angeles have different requirements than police officers in Oshkosh Wisconsin. States, counties and cities should be in charge of creating standards for their law enforcement agencies.

Police officers essentially are licensed. They get licensed through a law enforcement officers academy. These academy's are operated by the individual state's. That's the way it should be.

What do police officers in LA do different than police officers in Oskosh, WI?

Local government needs to emphasize officer training and ensure that the agencies training programs are conducting quality training.

When counties and cities cut police budgets, the first area which absorbs those cuts it training.

Creating training standards on a federal level won’t fix that.

The fact we have so many of these incidents tells me we need a federal standard.

We also need police reform, and we need to get the unions out of the disciplinary process.

The fact we have so many of these incidents tells me we need a federal standard.

We also need police reform, and we need to get the unions out of the disciplinary process.
These incidents are not common. They are rare.

Federal intrusion on state responsibilities is not an effective solution.

Why do liberals think everything can be solved by the federal government?

Um, I just posted the facts and figures for you on divorce, single parenthood and the percentage of Americans on assistance...

No, welfare didn't incentivize fathers to leave the home. They were leaving anyway, as 40% of Americans are born out of wedlock today. People just don't need to get married anymore to have kids. Very little to do with welfare and a lot more to do with the fact that marriage just isn't seen as a big deal.
You have no knowledge of the history of the welfare issue. It absolutely incentivized fathers leaving the home. Originally welfare benefits would not be paid to a family with both parents in the home

Read this ….

A federal standard for the police! Hell man the federal government fucks up everything it touches you might as well not have any cops at all!

Untill we get rid of BLM we will never know if cases like this are judged fairly otr does becasue of feer of sistruction and terrorium of a city.

Forum List

Back