Krauthammer: FOX News should be proud that we annoy Obama so much

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:lol:

links in article and two videos at site

SNIP:
posted at 1:11 pm on January 29, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

As we heard in President Obama’s recent interview with TNR, the White House’s irritation with FOX News and rightward-leaning media outlets continues unabated — but as Charles Krauthammer pointed out last night, that should be more of a source of pride than anything else. Nothing says success quite like your competition’s outspoken annoyance:

I love to hear the president whine about FOX News and talk radio. I think we ought to be proud of the fact that we annoy him so much. If you look at the line-up on one side, the liberal media, you start with ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, PBS, MSNBC, the elite newspapers, the one remaining news magazine, the universities, Hollywood — it doesn’t stop anywhere. And on the other side, talk radio, FOX News. And they can’t stand the fact that they no longer have a monopoly.
So, I think it ought to be taken as a compliment. What I’ve always said about Roger Ailes and Rupert Murdoch, their genius was understanding and locating a niche audience in broadcast cable news, which is half the American people. The half that have suffered for decades by the fact you get the news presented from a single perspective over and over again.

Finally, the fact that there is a new perspective, talk radio and FOX, and they can’t stand it. It’s a source of pride, I would say.

all of it here
Krauthammer: FOX News should be proud that we annoy Obama so much « Hot Air

Charles Krauthammer is absolutely right! :clap2:

This President thinks he is beyond accountability... what will he do next? try to shut down FOX News because they don't agree with him? because they ask hard questions? because they don't bow to him?

Obama the Dictator truly is a disgrace of a man!

Let's just remember what Fox news is all about. "In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States." (see New World Communs. of Tampa, Inc. v. Akre, 866 So. 2d 1231(2003)) This ruling does not only speak to Fox, but, others who are similarly situated.

CNN and MSNBC as well as the networks have been distorting the news for yesra. Krauthammer is absolutely right.

CNN and MSNBC as well as the networks have been distorting the news for yesra. Krauthammer is absolutely right.

As the decision I cited above shows they all do it. Much ado about nothing. Partisan horse-crap.

Last edited:

As the decision I cited above shows they all do it. Much ado about nothing. Partisan horse-crap.

So you have no opinion about anything?

Sure my opinion is to make your own decisions about events based on your own research and do not get suckered into the fray of any of these commentators.

Sure my opinion is to make your own decisions about events based on your own research and do not get suckered into the fray of any of these commentators.

So if itsnt the opinion that bothers you bothers you about getting information from trusted source like Fox????? Just cause of some bullshit story you stumbled on in the interweb?

So if itsnt the opinion that bothers you bothers you about getting information from trusted source like Fox????? Just cause of some bullshit story you stumbled on in the interweb?
LOL I use primary sources as much as possible.

I wil quote this because it says exactly how I feel about Dictator Obaminus and his cronies

"Whether you are liberal or conservative, libertarian, moderate or politically agnostic, everyone should be concerned when leaders of our government believe they can intentionally try to delegitimize a news organization they don’t like."

I wil quote this because it says exactly how I feel about Dictator Obaminus and his cronies

"Whether you are liberal or conservative, libertarian, moderate or politically agnostic, everyone should be concerned when leaders of our government believe they can intentionally try to delegitimize a news organization they don’t like."

The media has done that to themselves..... "Give me a picture and I will furnish a war" Attributed to William Randolph Hearst in James Creelman, On the Great Highway: The Wanderings and Adventures of a Special Correspondent (Boston: Lothrop, 1901), 178. This was marked as the beginnings of "yellow journalism".

pw_17330761_William_Randolph_Hearst_and_Ma.jpg

Hearst with girlfriend actress Marion Davies and her dog.

It's true. I don't think any president in history ever criticized an individual media source but Hussein seems to have a thin skin. The left wing criminals who run the mainstream media are willing participants in another in a long line of assaults on the Constitution by this administration.

Bush criticized the media too. I'm pretty sure Clinton did too. I think if you are a legitimate news organization and you are proud that you are annoying the sitting President, then perhaps you aren't legitimately reporting the news at all but instead just playing childish games for the entertainment of your audience. This is fine if they called themselves an entertainment network and not a news outlet.

It's true. I don't think any president in history ever criticized an individual media source but Hussein seems to have a thin skin. The left wing criminals who run the mainstream media are willing participants in another in a long line of assaults on the Constitution by this administration.

Dream on......thin skin has been around for a long time...:lol:

"You won't have Nixon to kick around anymore, because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference."
Richard M. Nixon

nixon1.jpg

Forum List

Back